See also: Impede Impeded Impedes Imperative Imperious Impel Impertinent Impetus Impetuous Impediment Impetrate Impervious Imperilment Impending Imperturbable Impeccable Impersonal Impertinence Imperiousness Imperfect Impermeable Imperceptible Impecunious Imperceptive Impeach Impecuniousness
1. English Language Learners Definition of Impede
2. : to slow the movement, progress, or action of (someone or something) See the full definition for Impede in the English Language Learners …
3. Impede [ im- peed ] See synonyms for: Impede / Impeded / Impedes / impeding on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), im·ped·ed, im·ped·ing.
Impede, Im, Impeded, Impedes, Impeding, Ing
4. (imˈpiːd) verb to prevent or delay the start or progress of. Progress on the building of the road was Impeded by a fall of rock.
5. How does the verb Impede contrast with its synonyms? Some common synonyms of Impede are block, hinder, and obstruct. While all these words mean "to interfere with the activity or progress of," Impede implies making forward progress difficult by clogging, hampering, or …
Impede, Its, Interfere, Implies
6. (Definition of Impede from the Cambridge …
7. See also synonyms for: Impeded / impeding
8. To Impede something is to delay or block its progress or movement. Carrying six heavy bags will Impede your progress if you're trying to walk across town in a hurry
Impede, Is, Its, If, In
9. Impede comes from the Latin impedire which literally means "to hold the feet," formed from the prefix in-, ("in") plus pes ("foot").
Impede, Impedire, In
10. Conjugate Impede in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
Impede, In, Including
11. The Crossword Solver found 96 answers to the Impede crossword clue
12. Definition of Impede be a hindrance or obstacle to; "She is impeding the progress of our project" Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver
Impede, Is, Impeding
13. Weed Impede® controls weeds growing from seed
14. Weed Impede® will not control Weed Impede® herbicide is a preemergence surface-applied product for the control of many annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in ornamental plantings, rock gardens, ornamental bedding plants, bulbs, ground covers/perennials and established warm-season turfgrass.
Impede, Is, In
15. Impede, hinder (verb) be a hindrance or obstacle to "She is impeding the progress of our project" obstruct, obturate, Impede, occlude, jam, block, close up (verb)
Impede, Is, Impeding
16. Definition of Impede to interfere with or slow the progress of Examples of Impede in a sentence If you do not eat while you are sick, the lack of nutrients will Impede your recovery
Impede, Interfere, In, If
17. Impede is a crossword puzzle clue
18. Impede is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
19. There are, however, problems that Impede a clear interpretation of the data
20. For example, abrasives can damage the protective surfaces of instruments, contribute to corrosion, and Impede sterilization
21. For boys, the desire to be physically active can further Impede their interest in reading.
Impede, Interest, In
22. If you Impede someone or something, you make their movement, development, or progress difficult.
23. What does Impede mean? To Impede is defined as to block or temporarily keep something from going forward
24. (verb) An example of Impede is when a
25. See 4 authoritative translations of Impede in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
26. Impede simply means hinder or possibly prevent or delay:
27. Impede verb [with object] delay or prevent (someone or something) by obstructing them; hinder: the sap causes swelling which can Impede breathing
28. Impede Meaning: "Impede, be in the way, hinder, detain," literally "to shackle the feet," from assimilated form of in-… See definitions of Impede.
29. Impede something to delay or stop the progress of something synonym hinder, hamper
30. Work on the building was Impeded by severe weather
31. A number of practical difficulties Impeded the process
32. In what ways did economic factors Impede progress?
33. As to there being any quantity of snow fallen or likely to fall to Impede their return, that was a mere joke; he was afraid they would find no difficulty
34. Impede - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
35. Inflections of 'Impede' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Impedes v 3rd person singular impeding v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Impeded v past verb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man."
Inflections, Impede, Impedes, Impeding, Ing, It, Is, Impeded
36. Impede - be a hindrance or obstacle to; "She is impeding the progress of our project" hinder obturate , occlude , close up , Impede , obstruct , jam , block - block passage through; "obstruct the path"
Impede, Is, Impeding
37. Find 60 ways to say Impede, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
38. Impede definition: If you Impede someone or something, you make their movement, development, or progress Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
39. Likewise, aesthetically lacquered trappings dramatically Impede the movements of the drama's main characters
40. They were designed to create disorder and to Impede the smooth transfer of power
41. • This review is intended to serve essentially as a background to how science and technology can Impede or promote development
Is, Intended, Impede
42. • Three would involve complex skeletal and muscular problems tending to Impede rather than improve mobility
Involve, Impede, Improve
43. • In fact, the use of these drugs may even Impede …
44. Impede® IntraSeal is a non-chloride, non-corrosive liquid water repellent admixture designed for use in ready mix concrete
Impede, Intraseal, Is, In
45. Impede® IntraSeal provides resistance to water penetration by reacting with the cement to form strong water repellency throughout the concrete structure.
46. This is a reference page for Impede verb forms in present, past and participle tenses
Is, Impede, In
47. Check past tense of Impede here.
48. Use Impede in a sentence, Impede example sentences, how to spell the word Impede, Make sentences for Impede Impede in a sentence In areas where the ground is not protected by a layer of forest litter, raindrops can detach soil particles from the surface and wash fine particles into surface pores where they can Impede the infiltration process
Impede, In, Is, Into, Infiltration
49. The claims in the patent include, among other inventions, the company's Impede Technology, a unique polymer matrix that disrupts the conversion of pseudoephedrine into the drug, methamphetamine
In, Include, Inventions, Impede, Into
50. Diana Browning Wright, Behavior/Discipline Trainings, 2002 ZTp2.16-19 Addressing “Behavior That Impedes Learning” As Mandated by IDEA Reauthorization Diana Browning Wright1 School psychologists are increasingly being called upon to “do something!” when disciplinary proceedings
Impedes, Idea, Increasingly
51. Impede means to obstruct something, to hinder something, to prevent something from fulfilling its potential by delaying or restricting it.Impede is also a transitive verb
Impede, Its, It, Is
52. The word Impede is derived from the Latin word impedire which literally translates to shackle the feet
Impede, Is, Impedire
53. Related words are Impedes, Impeded, impeding, impediment
Impedes, Impeded, Impeding, Impediment
54. Remember, while both impair and Impede refer to thwarting
55. The Impede Embolization Plug has received both FDA clearance and CE mark - find your local distributor
56. The Impede Embolization Plug comprises a shape memory polymer plug and an anchor coil
57. Impede verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons
58. Search the definition and the translation in context for “ Impede ”, with examples of use extracted from real-life communication
59. We found 20 answers for “Impede”
60. This page shows answers to the clue Impede, followed by 4 definitions like “The act of impeding”, “To hinder; to stop in progress” and “Be a hindrance or obstacle to”.A synonym for Impede is bother.
Impede, Impeding, In, Is
61. Impede is the closest to "block", and therefore might mean progress was stopped altogether
62. The Impede-FX Embolization Plug has received FDA clearance - find your local distributor
63. The Impede-FX Embolization Plug is a shape memory polymer plug
64. To Impede medical assistance is a crime of genocide
65. Recent challenges should not Impede the galvanizing of joint efforts
66. As verbs the difference between Impede and hinder is that Impede is to get in the way of; to hinder while hinder is to make difficult to accomplish; to frustrate, act as obstacle
Impede, Is, In
impede (verb) · impedes (third person present) · impeded (past tense) · impeded (past participle) · impeding (present participle)