See also: Impecunious Impecuniousness Imperative Imperious Impede Impel Impertinent Impetus Impetuous Impediment Impetrate Impervious Imperilment Impending Imperturbable Impeccable Impersonal Impertinence Imperiousness Imperfect Impermeable Imperceptible Imperceptive Impeach
1. "Impecunious" describes somebody who lacks the money to buy necessities, but it does not carry the connotation of desperation found in such words as "indigent" or "destitute." Both "pecunious" and "Impecunious" derive via Middle English from the Latin pecunia, meaning "money." Examples of Impecunious in a Sentence
Impecunious, It, In, Indigent
2. Impecunious definition, having little or no money; penniless; poor
3. Impecunious synonyms, Impecunious pronunciation, Impecunious translation, English dictionary definition of Impecunious
4. Having very little money: The company suffered huge losses as its young, Impecunious buyers failed to start to make payments when the first year of no payments was up. (Definition of Impecunious …
5. 20 synonyms of Impecunious from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 23 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Find another word for Impecunious
7. Impecunious: lacking money or …
8. Impecunious comes from the old Latin word for money, pecunia, combined with the prefix im, meaning not or without
9. But Impecunious doesn’t just mean having no money
10. If you go into the arts, you are most likely facing an Impecunious future.
If, Into, Impecunious
11. The definition of Impecunious is a person without any money. An example of Impecunious is someone living on the street.
12. He was born at Arelate (Arles) and belonged to a distinguished but Impecunious family
13. ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA, 11TH EDITION, VOLUME 9, SLICE 6 VARIOUS Hence results a class of Impecunious gentlemen of leisure, incidentally referred to already
14. The Crossword Solver found 21 answers to the Impecunious crossword clue
15. Impecunious 'Impecunious' is a 11 letter word starting with I and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Impecunious We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Impecunious will help you to finish your crossword today
16. Examples of Impecunious in a sentence Since Janice grew up in an Impecunious household, she knew a great deal about surviving on very little
17. 🔊 Impecunious students commonly find themselves in debt after overindulging in the use of credit cards
18. Having very little money, especially over a long period – sometimes used humorously He came from a respectable if Impecunious family
19. —Impecuniously adverb —Impecuniousness noun [ uncountable] Examples from the Corpus Impecunious • It is obvious that Mr
Impecuniously, Impecuniousness, Impecunious, It, Is
20. See authoritative translations of Impecunious in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
21. Impecunious Meaning: "lacking in money," 1590s, from assimilated form of in- "not, opposite of" (see in- (1)) + Latin… See definitions of Impecunious.
22. The stock market crash in the 1920s left him Impecunious, however, and his attempt to make a mark as a painter came to little
23. The Galilean, sir, was a paladin for the destitute, the downtrodden, the Impecunious hoi polloi
24. I was aware of two games on Saturday where the relatively Impecunious visitors were regarded as massive underdogs.
25. Impecuniousness (ˌimpeˈcuniousness) or impecuniosity (ˌɪmpɪkjuːnɪˈɒsɪtɪ)
Impecuniousness, Impe, Impecuniosity
26. Impecunious - Dictionary definition and meaning for word Impecunious
27. Definition (adj) not having enough money to pay for necessities Synonyms: hard up, in straitened circumstances, penniless, penurious, pinched Mnemonics (Memory Aids) for Impecunious
28. All the stats, form and information about race horse - Impecunious (NZ) available at RACING.COM – The first destination for Australian Horse Racing.
29. It is a measure of my ignorance that to write about the glory, instead of the Impecuniousness, of farming I can only cite people I personally know.
It, Is, Ignorance, Instead, Impecuniousness
30. Nouns for Impecunious include impecuniosities, impecuniosity and Impecuniousness
Impecunious, Include, Impecuniosities, Impecuniosity, Impecuniousness
31. Impecunious broke (informal) cleaned out (slang) destitute, dirt-poor (informal) down and out, flat broke (informal) indigent, in queer street, insolvent, penniless, poverty-stricken, short, skint (Brit
Impecunious, Informal, Indigent, In, Insolvent
32. An Impecunious student Word Origin late 16th cent.: from in- ‘not’ + obsolete pecunious ‘having money, wealthy’ (from Latin pecuniosus , from pecunia ‘money’)
33. Impecunious - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
34. Synonyms for Impecunious in Free Thesaurus
35. 33 synonyms for Impecunious: poor, broke, penniless, short, strapped, stony, cleaned out
36. Impecunious is a 11 letter word, used as a adjective satellite, an SAT word with Latin origins, and has the letters ceiimnopsuu (ceimnopsu)
37. We found 7 answers for “Impecunious”
38. This page shows answers to the clue Impecunious, followed by 5 definitions like “Without money; penniless”, “Lacking money; in …
39. Find 19 ways to say Impecunious, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
40. Dictionary entry overview: What does Impecunious mean? • Impecunious (adjective) The adjective Impecunious has 1 sense:
41. Not having enough money to pay for necessities Familiarity information: Impecunious used as an adjective is very rare.
Information, Impecunious, Is
42. Impecunious pronunciation with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more Which is the right way to say the number setecentos in Portuguese? se-ht …
Impecunious, Is, In
43. Definition of Impecunious adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
44. Impecunious ly 22 Impecunious ness 21 Impecunious nesses 23 How to use Impecunious in a sentence
45. It differs from Impecunious persons inasmuch as it is a burrowing, not a borrowing, creature
It, Impecunious, Inasmuch, Is
46. The porter, unused to dealing with the obtrusive Impecunious type to which he believed Mr
47. Impecunious definition: Someone who is Impecunious has very little money
48. Definition of Impecunious in the Definitions.net dictionary
49. What does Impecunious mean? Information and translations of Impecunious in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Impecunious, Information, In
50. Impecunious and pecunious may be used as antonyms, though with a twist
51. We will examine the definitions of Impecunious and pecunious, where these two words came from and some examples of their use in sentences.
52. Impecunious - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
53. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Impecunious adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (poor) indigente n común nombre común en cuanto al género: Sustantivo que tiene una sola forma para los dos géneros (humorista, comediante, músico).
Ingl, Impecunious, Interesting, Indigente
54. It further provides for giving legal assistance to Impecunious foreign persons.: Ce projet prévoit en outre l'octroi d'une aide juridique aux étrangers impécunieux.: Fourth, it also eliminates difficult problems of sharing an Impecunious defendant's limited resources between relational claims and direct claims.: Quatrièmement, elle élimine les difficiles problèmes du partage des
It, Impecunious, Imp
55. Impecunious Meaning in English to Urdu is نادار, as written in Urdu and Nadaar, as written in Roman Urdu
Impecunious, In, Is
56. There are many synonyms of Impecunious which include Beggared, Broke, Destitute, Homeless, Impoverished, Indigent, Insolvent, Necessitous, Needy, Penniless, Penurious, Poor, Unprosperous, Dirt Poor, Cleaned Out, etc.
Impecunious, Include, Impoverished, Indigent, Insolvent
57. Although the student worked two jobs, she was still Impecunious and unable to pay her bills
58. While the immigrant was Impecunious when he entered the country, he …
59. (14) Like many other Impecunious Caribbean drifters at the time, Dampier slipped into a life of freebooting and buccaneering, hopping from ship to ship, raiding Spanish vessels and towns
60. (15) Well-born but Impecunious younger brothers kidnap heiresses and …
61. Impecunious quinto fellowman esikaupunkilainen night, by accept a proposal / adopt a proposal stegnuti Ejection asperitas optimizacija procesa comprimer mud carp (Cirrhina molitorella) foukat carefully, cautiously; using caution ispisati oikaista, ojentua, suoristaa, kohentaa, oieta, oikoa, ojentaa, junailla femtosekundna spektroskopija
62. We found 33 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Impecunious: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Impecunious" is defined
Include, Impecunious, Is
63. General (32 matching dictionaries) Impecunious: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
If impecunious means "penniless," then it stands to reason that "pecunious" can describe someone who has a lot of money. That is true, but "pecunious" is used with far less frequency in English than its opposite and is not found in many dictionaries.
having very little money: The company suffered huge losses as its young, impecunious buyers failed to start to make payments when the first year of no payments was up. (Definition of impecunious from the Cambridge Business English Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
Example Sentences Learn More about impecunious Did You Know? If impecunious means "penniless," then it stands to reason that "pecunious" can describe someone who has a lot of money. That is true, but "pecunious" is used with far less frequency in English than its opposite and is not found in many dictionaries.
“Impecunious.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/impecunious. Accessed 29 Jan. 2021. Which is a synonym of insouciance?