See also: Ignominiously Ignominious Ignorant Ignoramus Ignominy Ignoble Ignorance Ignore Ignoral Ignoma Ignobly Ignominia Ignored Ignorer Ignoto Ignorantly Ignominity Ignotus Ignorable Ignoring Ignoration
1. The boat became Ignominiously lost in the fog during the race in a way that is embarrassing because of something being a complete failure: She was Ignominiously forced to resign
Ignominiously, In, Is
2. Ignominiously Sentence Examples But I must be certain as it may well be the one I slayed as she squatted Ignominiously on the toilet.
3. Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Ignominiously. Princeton's WordNet (5.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition: disgracefully, ingloriously, Ignominiously, discreditably, shamefully, dishonorably, dishonourably (adverb) in a dishonorable manner or to a dishonorable degree
Ignominiously, Ingloriously, In
4. Define Ignominiously by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
5. ‘When McArthur was, somewhat Ignominiously, booted out of south-east Asia during world war two, his parting shot was ‘I'll be back.’’ ‘In this instance, as with many others, the outrage was more than justified by the dismal result - Stallone's remake was swept Ignominiously under the carpet and should be heading straight for a video store near you very soon.’
Ignominiously, In, Instance
6. In Latin, ignominiosus means "disgraceful or shameful," from the root ignominia, literally "loss of a good name." In other words, if you act Ignominiously, you risk losing your good name.
In, Ignominiosus, Ignominia, If, Ignominiously
7. Synonyms for Ignominiously include disgracefully, shamefully, humiliatingly, discreditably, sorrily, undignifiedly, abjectly, disreputably, ingloriously and
Ignominiously, Include, Ingloriously
8. After reluctantly ending the longest-ever government shutdown at 35 days with no wall money in sight, Trump Ignominiously settled for $1.38 billion in "border security" funding to avert a second government shutdown last week, far less than the $5.7 billion he initially sought to fund his wall.
In, Ignominiously, Initially
9. Ignominiously synonyms and Ignominiously antonyms
10. Top synonym for Ignominiously (another word for Ignominiously) is disgracefully.
11. It was a terrible thing to contemplate: the wreck of her son's happiness, the Prussian disgraced and driven from their doors, the wife, too, thrust forth upon the street and her name Ignominiously placarded on the walls, as had been threatened would be done with any woman who should dishonor herself with a
12. Definition of Ignominiously adverb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
13. But she thrust him Ignominiously away and behind her
14. (White Fang, by Jack London) The life that is in you cries out that it must live, no matter what the cost; so you live Ignominiously, untrue to the best you dream of, sinning against your whole pitiful little code, and, if there were a hell, heading your soul straight for it
Is, In, It, Ignominiously, If
15. See authoritative translations of Ignominiously in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
16. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English ignominious ig‧no‧min‧i‧ous / ˌɪɡnəˈmɪniəs / adjective formal ASHAMED making you feel ashamed or embarrassed SYN humiliating ignominious defeat/failure/retreat etc an ignominious end to his career — Ignominiously adverb Examples from the Corpus ignominious • He was no hero: his
Ignominious, Ig, Ignominiously
17. Ignominiously I was hustled out after my second question clutching my scrap of question paper: 4
18. His imminent departure was discovered and he was Ignominiously sacked: 5
19. Arrived another place is again frighten by light Ignominiously: 6
20. She would be scolded abused Ignominiously discharged: 7
21. The conquered often die Ignominiously: 8.
22. Translation for 'Ignominiously' in the free English-Swedish dictionary and many other Swedish translations.
23. How to say Ignominiously in English? Pronunciation of Ignominiously with 1 audio pronunciation, 8 synonyms, 9 translations, 2 sentences and more for Ignominiously.
24. Italian Translation of “Ignominiously” The official Collins English-Italian Dictionary online
25. Translation of Ignominiously in English
26. Translate Ignominiously in English online and download now our free translator to use any time at no charge.
27. Antonyms for Ignominiously include highly, favorably, favourably, well, glowingly, warmly, appreciatively, approvingly, enthusiastically and positively
28. With Tartaglia departing Ignominiously, victory was left to Ferrari.: Avec Tartaglia ignominieusement au départ, la victoire est laissée à Ferrari.: Shun them, O people, and be not of those who Ignominiously accept such vileness.: Évitez-les, ô peuple, et ne soyez pas de ceux qui acceptent ignominieusement de telles abjections.: Everyone remembers NATO «handing over control» - as in
Ignominiously, Ignominieusement, In
29. New Hampshire, which for several months this past winter was among the states with the lowest construction industry unemployment rates in the nation, Ignominiously fell to the 17th spot in April, according to data from Associated Builders and Contractors.
Industry, In, Ignominiously
30. Translation for 'Ignominiously' in the free English-Romanian dictionary and many other Romanian translations.
31. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Ignominiously adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (humiliatingly, embarrassingly) ignominiosamente adv adverbio: Describe al verbo, al adjetivo o a otro adverbio ("corre rápidamente", "sucede ahora", "muy extraño").: de forma humillante loc adv locución
Ingl, Ignominiously, Ignominiosamente
32. Their attempt failed Ignominiously
33. Their soldiers had to retreat Ignominiously after losing hundreds of lives
34. Ignominiously, I was hustled out after my second question clutching my scrap of question paper
35. Ignominiously Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Ignominiously in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
Ignominiously, In, It, Is, Important
36. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Ignominiously in Urdu is ذلت …
In, Ignominiously, Is
37. How many syllables are in Ignominiously syllable words
38. We've got 0 rhyming words for Ignominiously » What rhymes with Ignominiously? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Ignominiously.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
Ignominiously, Is, It
1 degrading, disgraceful, dishonorable, shameful. 2 despicable, ignoble. You call a halt, ignominiously, and say that you would like to rest for a minute or two. Its name, which once rode astride the corporate headquarters on New York's Columbus Circle, was ignominiously removed.
Definition of ignominious. 1 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable. 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable.
Use ignominious in a sentence. adjective. The definition of ignominious is something that is contemptible or degrading, or that makes you deserving of public shame. An example of ignominious is a crushing defeat in an election that shames your party.
Ignominious definition is - marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable. How to use ignominious in a sentence. Did You Know?