See also: Ichthyology Ichthyological Ichthyologist Ichthys Ichthy/o Ichthyic Ichthyoid Ichthus Ichthyosis Ichthyolite Ichthyornis Ichthyoderma Ichthyofauna Ichthyosaur Ichthyophobia Ichthyosaurus Ichthyophagous
1. Ichthyology definition is - a branch of zoology that deals with fishes.
2. Ichthyology, scientific study of fishes, including, as is usual with a science that is concerned with a large group of organisms, a number of specialized subdisciplines: e.g., taxonomy, anatomy (or morphology), behavioral science (ethology), ecology, and physiology.
Ichthyology, Including, Is
3. Ichthyology - the branch of zoology that studies fishes zoological science, zoology - the branch of biology that studies animals homocercal - possessing a symmetrical tail that extends beyond the end of the vertebral column (as in most bony fishes)
4. Ichthyology is the branch of zoology (the study of animals) that deals with fish. It includes the study of the development, anatomy (structure), physiology (function), behavior, classification, genetics, and ecology of fish, among other things
Ichthyology, Is, It, Includes
5. Since fish are a major food source for people, the study of Ichthyology also has economic importance.
6. The Department of Ichthyology, as part of the Museum's Division of Vertebrate Zoology, maintains one of the world’s largest and most rapidly growing ichthyological collections.
7. Ichthyology is the scientific study of different aspects of various fish species, including history, behavior, growth patterns, and their place in the ecosystems. What Does an Ichthyologist Do? Ichthyologists dedicate their time to studying different kinds of fish species, though many will focus on one family of fish in particular.
Ichthyology, Is, Including, In, Ichthyologist, Ichthyologists
8. Ichthyology The Department of Ichthyology is home to one of the largest, most significant collections of fishes in the world, and is one of eight International Centers for Ichthyology in North America. With 1.2 million fish specimens from around the world, our collection represents a significant cross-section of aquatic life.
Ichthyology, Is, In, International
9. Ichthyology has been studied at Harvard since long before the founding of the Museum of Comparative Zoology in 1859
10. Ichthyology Sentence Examples Pisces (see Ichthyology)
11. Ichthyology (uncountable) The branch of zoology devoted to the study of fish.
12. Ichthyology definition, the branch of zoology dealing with fishes
13. Ichthyology has traditionally emphasized the systematics, anatomy, and distribution of fishes
14. Ichthyology at the Burke Museum
15. The Burke Museum Ichthyology Collection maintains a large archival collection of more than 12 million preserved fish specimens from around the world, but primarily from the North Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea and from freshwater habitats of the Pacific Northwest.
16. The Ichthyology collection currently (October, 2018) consists of more than 70,000 lots (over 1.5 million specimens), most of which are "wet" collections preserved for long-term storage in 70% non-denatured ethanol
17. ‘The histories of botany, ornithology, Ichthyology etc
18. Follow similar patterns.’ ‘There is something for everyone, whether their interest is in electronics, engineering, palaeontology, biology, genetics, chemistry, Ichthyology, supersonics, space, aliens or anything else of - or indeed not of - this planet.’
Is, Interest, In, Ichthyology, Indeed
19. ‘The histories of botany, ornithology, Ichthyology etc
20. Follow similar patterns.’ ‘There is something for everyone, whether their interest is in electronics, engineering, palaeontology, biology, genetics, chemistry, Ichthyology, supersonics, space, aliens or anything else of - or indeed not of - this planet.’
Is, Interest, In, Ichthyology, Indeed
21. Ichthyology The fish collection at Auburn University is among the most important collections of fishes from the southeastern United States
Ichthyology, Is, Important
22. Ichthyology is the scientific study of fish, like the salmon
23. Ichthyology definition: the study of the physiology , history , economic importance , etc, of fishes Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
24. Journal of Ichthyology is an international peer-reviewed journal published in collaboration with the Russian Academy of Sciences
Ichthyology, Is, International, In
25. Ichthyology The Natural History Museum's fish collection is one of ten internationally recognized ichthyological collections in the United States
Ichthyology, Is, Internationally, Ichthyological, In
26. The Ichthyology Lab is the home of Dr
27. Ichthyology explores evolution, biodiversity, genomics, morphology, ecology, biogeography, and life history of fishes
28. The history of Ichthyology in India is colossal and interesting
Ichthyology, In, India, Is, Interesting
29. Brief histories of early Indian Ichthyology may be found in Day (1875–1878, 1889a,b) and Whitehead and Talwar (1976).Among the books published on Indian fish, Francis Day’s (1875–1878) treatise The Fishes of India is of greatest importance.
Indian, Ichthyology, In, India, Is, Importance
30. Ichthyology is a field of study that requires active examination of a multitude of areas at the same time for accurate study.
31. Ichthyology is a funny-sounding word that refers to the scientific study of fishes
32. College degrees: Those starting out in the field typically complete a bachelor's degree in zoology or marine biology.Most go on to pursue a master's or doctoral degree, specifically in the field of Ichthyology
33. Ichthyology Ichthyological research at NYSM focuses on the evolution and ecological interactions of fishes.
Ichthyology, Ichthyological, Interactions
34. Ichthyology, a subset of zoology, is the study of fishes
35. Zoology is a branch of biology, and Ichthyology incorporates many elements of biology in its studies
Is, Ichthyology, Incorporates, In, Its
36. Let's and take a look at this website, this is a website dedicated to Ichthyology, which is a form of zoology that concentrates on fish
37. Brower mentions that in a paper on ethno-Ichthyology of the island, Dr
In, Ichthyology, Island
38. Evolutionary Ecology, Physiology and Ichthyology Research in my lab focuses on the evolutionary ecology, physiology and conservation of freshwater fishes
39. Ichthyology is the study of fishes
40. Ichthyology - the branch of zoology that studies fishes
41. The Department of Ichthyology is home to one of the largest and most important collections of fishes in the world, and is designated as one of eight International Centers for Ichthyology in North America
Ichthyology, Is, Important, In, International
42. Boziaris, Assistant Professor (in Seafood Safety and Preservation), Department of Ichthyology and Aquatic Environment, School of Agricultural Sciences, University of Thessaly, Fitokou street, 38446, Nea Ionia, Volos, Greece, Tel: +302421093153; E-mail: [email protected]
In, Ichthyology, Ionia
43. How to say Ichthyology in English? Pronunciation of Ichthyology with 3 audio pronunciations, 5 synonyms, 2 meanings, 13 translations and more for Ichthyology.
44. The chief concerns of modern Ichthyology are the dynamics of fish schools, the development of fish (both individual and historical), and the behavior and migration of fish
45. This glossary of Ichthyology is a list of definitions of terms and concepts used in Ichthyology, the study of fishes.
Ichthyology, Is, In
46. Ichthyology: 1 n the branch of zoology that studies fishes Type of: zoological science , zoology the branch of biology that studies animals
47. Synonyms for Ichthyology in Free Thesaurus
48. 4 words related to Ichthyology: zoological science, zoology, homocercal, heterocercal
49. What are synonyms for Ichthyology?
Ichthyology (from Greek: ἰχθύς, ikhthys, "fish"; and λόγος, logos, "study"), also known as fish science, is the branch of zoology devoted to the study of fish.
ichthyology - the branch of zoology that studies fishes zoological science, zoology - the branch of biology that studies animals homocercal - possessing a symmetrical tail that extends beyond the end of the vertebral column (as in most bony fishes)
…of fishes, the science of ichthyology, is of broad importance. Fishes are of interest to humans for many reasons, the most important being their relationship with and dependence on the environment. A more obvious reason for interest in fishes is their role as a moderate but important part of the…
Ichthyology definition is - a branch of zoology that deals with fishes.