See also: Hypochondriac Hypothesis Hypocrite Hypocritical Hypocrisy Hypotonic Hypothesize Hypothermia Hypothecation Hypoxic Hypogeal Hypotaxis Hypophora Hypophysis Hypoxemia Hypoxemic Hypothetical Hypodermis Hypoechoic Hypothalamus Hypostatize Hypochondria Hypoglycemia Hypo Hypotonia
1. Medical Definition of Hypochondriac (Entry 2 of 2) : an individual affected with hypochondria or hypochondriasis A person can be said to be a Hypochondriac when his or her preoccupation with health or disease is so intense that it disrupts normal living habits and is disproportionate to any medical problems that actually exist.
Hypochondriac, Hypochondria, Hypochondriasis, His, Her, Health, Habits
2. A Hypochondriac is someone who lives with the fear that they have a serious, but undiagnosed medical condition, even though diagnostic tests show there is nothing wrong with them. Hypochondriacs experience extreme anxiety from the bodily responses most people take for granted.
Hypochondriac, Have, Hypochondriacs
3. 29 Things Only a Hypochondriac Would Understand 1. A sneeze is never just a sneeze. It could be a cold, the flu, or maybe even Ebola!
4. Hypochondriacs exist on a continuum, from people who simply worry excessively about their health to those who are
5. Hypochondriac was once commonly used to refer to a person who constantly and excessively worries about their health, believing that they are or are about to become ill when there is really no reason to …
6. People with somatic symptom disorder -- thought of as being Hypochondriacs -- are worried about having a physical illness
7. A child with a Hypochondriac as a caregiver is likely to believe that it is healthy to constantly question one’s health, and that a primary feature of the world around them is that it is a highly dangerous and unhealthy place
Hypochondriac, Healthy, Health, Highly
8. The Hypochondriac doesn't want to hear any logic and will revert the conversation right back to them, if you try and change the subject to distract them
9. There is NOTHING one can do for a Hypochondriac because they don't want to seek the professional help they need, just the help they "think" they need.
10. Based on Moliere's Le Malade Imaginaire, The Hypochondriac is a theatrical tonic made up of the best of the French playwright's original comedy, its adaptor's ingenuity with words, plenty of contemporary references and a smattering of Scouseisms.
11. Hypochondriac synonyms, Hypochondriac pronunciation, Hypochondriac translation, English dictionary definition of Hypochondriac
12. A Hypochondriac may be reluctant to believe that psychological help is what they need
13. Hypochondriac: A person who has hypochondriasis, a disorder characterized by a preoccupation with body functions and the interpretation of normal body sensations (such as sweating) or minor abnormalities (such as minor aches and pains) as portending problems of major medical moment.Reassurance by physicians and others only serves to increase the Hypochondriac's …
Hypochondriac, Has, Hypochondriasis
14. A Hypochondriac’s job may suffer with frequent absences or sick days
15. And if a Hypochondriac really does develop a serious medical problem, it could be like the boy who cried wolf
16. A Hypochondriac is a person who lives thinking they have severe disease and suffering a terrifying fear of death among other symptoms
17. On OneHowTo.com, we explain how to help a Hypochondriac with some simple guidelines that you can try.
How, Help, Hypochondriac
18. The avoidant Hypochondriac, on the other hand, will actively avoid all medical material and encounters, from GP visits to medical literature and TV, and anything that may "worsen" their problems
19. Between two Thanksgivings two years apart, Hannah's husband falls in love with her sister Lee, while her Hypochondriac ex-husband rekindles his relationship with her sister Holly
Hannah, Husband, Her, Hypochondriac, His, Holly
20. It was formerly called Hypochondriacal neurosis
21. “The Hypochondriac” is Richard Bean’s version of Moliere’s “The Imaginary Invalid”, as literally translated by Chris Campbell
22. When every hiccup sounds like the call of doom, each stomach pang hints at incipient cancer, and a headache means it's time to firm up your last will and testament, The Hypochondriac's Guide to Life.And Death
Hiccup, Hints, Headache, Hypochondriac
23. 5 Ways to Reclaim Your Chill if You’re a Hypochondriac
24. Stop being a Hypochondriac by taking control of your fears
25. Step 1: Know what it is Know what a Hypochondriac is -- someone who is constantly convinced they have some kind of physical ailment
26. “Hypochondriac” is an ode to Sasha’s boyfriend King Henry.A Hypochondriac is someone who is abnormally anxious about their health, and lyrically, Sasha details the duality of her self-care
Hypochondriac, Henry, Health, Her
27. Examples of Hypochondriac in a sentence
28. My college roommate was a Hypochondriac who wore a facial mask to avoid inhaling germs
29. 🔊 Because my uncle is a Hypochondriac, he is quick to diagnose himself with a life-threatening illness
Hypochondriac, He, Himself
30. 🔊 Being a Hypochondriac, Gina will go to the emergency room after sneezing only once
hypochondriac (noun) · hypochondriacs (plural noun)
1. a patient with imaginary symptoms and ailments. Familiarity information: HYPOCHONDRIAC used as a noun is very rare. • HYPOCHONDRIAC (adjective) The adjective HYPOCHONDRIAC has 1 sense: 1. suffering from hypochondria. Familiarity information: HYPOCHONDRIAC used as an adjective is very rare.
How to Help a Hypochondriac
Pain: Hypochondriacs typically complain of mild or severe chest pain. It may be present constantly or recur throughout the day. Some people manage to live with it, while others may report intense pain and the feeling of tightness in the chest.
The definition of a hypochondriac is a person who always thinks something is wrong with him or who is abnormally worried about his health. A person who fears that every ache or sniffle is a sign of a life-threatening disease is an example of a hypochondriac. YourDictionary definition and usage example.