See also: Hypernyms Hypernymy Hyperbole Hypertonic Hypertrophy Hypervigilant Hyperbolic Hyperborean Hyperventilation Hyperbola Hyperventilate Hyperbolize Hypergamy Hypertonicity Hyperopia Hypersonic Hypertension Hyperthermia Hyperglycemia Hypernatremia Hypersthenuria Hyperextension Hyperlipidemia Hypersensitivity Hyper Hype Hypervisor
1. A word whose meaning includes the meaning of a more specific word; for example, animal is a Hypernym of elephant
2. Word Origin for Hypernym C20: hyper- + Greek onoma name Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co
3. A word whose meaning includes a group of other words: The first Hypernyms for dog that come to mind would be animal or pet.
4. A Hypernym is a word that names a broad category that includes other words
5. "Primate" is a Hypernym for "chimpanzee" and "human."
6. For example, color is a Hypernym of red.
7. "A Hypernym is a word with a general meaning that has basically the same meaning of a more specific word
8. For example, dog is a Hypernym, while collie and chihuahua are more specific subordinate terms.
9. Noun Hypernym (plural Hypernyms) (semantics) A superordinate word or phrase; a term whose referents form a set which includes as a subset the referents of a subordinate term
10. Definition of Hypernym in the Definitions.net dictionary
11. What does Hypernym mean? Information and translations of Hypernym in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
12. Hypernym has a board of Advisors who help the CEO and Management, to remain focused on the core values of the business and provide guidance, based on their experience, towards excellence.
Hypernym, Has, Help
13. The different word is its hyperonym, Hypernym or superordinate term
14. Synonyms for Hypernym include blanket term, genus, hyperonym, superordinate, superset, umbrella term, another word, synonym, hyponym and alternative …
Hypernym, Hyperonym, Hyponym
15. Hypernym definition: of higher status or condition Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
16. Dictionary entry overview: What does Hypernym mean? • Hypernym (noun) The noun Hypernym has 1 sense:
17. A word that is more generic than a given word Familiarity information: Hypernym used as a noun is very rare.
18. "Disposition" in this sense is understood here as a Hypernym of 'support', 'suspension', 'blockage of motion', 'orientation', and 'configuration of parts of an object'
19. A word with a general meaning that includes the meanings of other particular words, for example ‘fruit’ is the Hypernym of ‘apple’, ‘orange’, etc
20. Hypernym is a word that denotes general category
21. Hypernymy definition, the state or quality of being a Hypernym or superordinate (a general class under which a set of subcategories is subsumed)
22. Hypernym is a word that denotes general category
23. Hypernym [singular] Hypernyms [plural] Examples: game, bird, etc
24. Hypernym is also called ‘Generic term’, ‘Super-ordinate’, ‘Super-type’, or
25. Hypernym is a Leading Company in IOT & Big Data Solutions based in Poland
26. Is that holonym is (semantics) a term that denotes a whole whose part is denoted by another term, such as 'face' in relation to 'eye' while Hypernym is (semantics) a word or phrase whose referents form a set including as a subset the referents of a subordinate term
27. Hypernym is a word that denotes general category
28. Hypernym is also called ‘Super ordinate’, ‘Generic term’, ‘Supertype’, or ‘Superset’ HYPONYM is a word that denotes particular item from general category
29. ‘game’ is the Hypernym (or supertype) of ‘football’ and ‘hockey’; ‘football’ and
30. Technologies are described herein for probabilistically assigning weights to word senses and Hypernyms of a word
31. A word Hypernym weight (WHW) score can be determined by summing word sense probabilities of word senses from which the Hypernym is inherited.
32. What does Hypernym mean? A word whose meaning includes the meaning of a more specific word; for example, animal is a Hypernym of elephant
33. Hypernym 817 followers on LinkedIn
34. IoT and Data Analytics Hypernym is Consulting, solution provider and system integrator
35. The Hypernymy relation is the one occurring between an instance term and its general term (e.g., “lion” and “animal”, “Italy” and “country”)
36. This paper we addresses Hypernym Discovery, the NLP task that aims at finding valid Hypernyms from words in a given text, proposing HyperRank, an unsupervised approach that therefore does not require manually-labeled training sets as most
Hypernym, Hypernyms, Hyperrank
37. Synonyms for Hypernyms in Free Thesaurus
38. 2 synonyms for Hypernym: superordinate word, superordinate
39. What are synonyms for Hypernyms?
40. The Hypernym and the hyponym must be regarded from the same perspective
41. Non-taxonomical or 'simple' hyponymy – Hyponym IS A Hypernym relation? A queen is a kind of woman
Hyponymy, Hyponym, Hypernym
42. Hyperonym is a synonym of Hypernym
43. As nouns the difference between hyperonym and Hypernym is that hyperonym is (linguistics) Hypernym; superordinate term while Hypernym is (semantics) a word or phrase whose referents form a set including as a subset the referents of a subordinate term.
44. A Hypernym of something is its superordinate term: if X is a Hypernym of Y, then all Y are X
45. Meat Hypernym beef; edible fruit Hypernym pear; wordbook Hypernym dictionary; Tests
46. Similarly, ‘bird’ is the Hypernym (or supertype) of ‘eagle’, ‘peacock’ and ‘sparrow’
47. IMPORTANT NOTE 1: Relationship between Hypernym and hyponym is termed as ‘is-a relationship’.
48. Hypernym has a board of Advisors who help the CEO and Management, to remain focused on the core values of the business and provide guidance, based on their experience, towards excellence
Hypernym, Has, Help
49. A Hypernym is a broad term for a group of products
50. A hyponym is a term for an item in the group that the Hypernym describes.
51. WordNet Lowest Common Hypernyms
52. Wordnet's lowest_common_Hypernyms() method is based used to locate the lowest single Hypernym that is shared by two given words:
53. The Hypernym is simple to locate, it's the first word in our match
54. Then we navigate the depdendency tree down, getting the first NOUN child of the Hypernym - that's our first hyponym
55. Given a corpus and a target term (hyponym), the task of Hypernym discovery consists of extracting a set of its most appropriate Hypernyms from the corpus
Hyponym, Hypernym, Hypernyms
56. For example, for the input word “dog”, some valid Hypernyms would be “canine”, “mammal” or “animal”.
57. Definition of Hypernym (noun): a superordinate
58. Definition and synonyms of Hypernym from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
59. This is the British English definition of Hypernym.View American English definition of Hypernym.
60. Hypernym–hyponym (“is-a”) relations are key components in taxonomies, object hierarchies and knowledge graphs
Hypernym, Hyponym, Hierarchies
61. Hypernym: a generic word that can apply to the original word and others (similar to a category) Here's the example Wikipedia gives: Pigeon, crow, eagle and seagull are all hyponyms of bird (their Hypernym); which, in turn, is a hyponym of animal
Hypernym, Here, Hyponyms, Hyponym
62. "Bird" is their Hypernym as it's the category they
63. August 7, 2016 May 31, 2017 akshay pai 0 Comments Hypernym, hyponym, natural language, nltk, ontology, python, python nltk and wordnet, synonym, wordnet What are Wordnet, Hyponyms, and synonyms? Wordnet is a large collection of words and vocabulary from the English language that are related to each other and are grouped in some way.
Hypernym, Hyponym, Hyponyms
hypernym (noun) · hypernyms (plural noun)
A word whose meaning includes the meaning of a more specific word; for example, animal is a hypernym of elephant. [ hyper- + (-o)nym (on the model of hyponym, taken as hypo- + -nym ).] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
Other names for hypernym include umbrella term and blanket term. A synonym of co-hyponym based on same tier (and not hyponymic) relation is allonym (it means different name ). Hyponymy shows the relationship between a generic term (hypernym) and a specific instance of it (hyponym).
A hyponym is a word or phrase whose semantic field is more specific than its hypernym. The semantic field of a hypernym, also known as a superordinate, is broader than that of a hyponym. An approach to the relationship between hyponyms and hypernyms is to view a hypernym as consisting of hyponyms.
language specialized uk /ˈhaɪ.pə.nɪm/ us /ˈhaɪ.pɚ.nɪm/. › a word whose meaning includes a group of other words: The first hypernyms for dog that come to mind would be animal or pet. Synonym. superordinate.