1. The use of Hyggelig as a greeting is synecdoche from its appearance in the Norwegian phrase Hyggelig å hilse på deg (“ nice to meet/see you ”)
2. As such, it most frequently appears following other words of greeting, as in Hei! Hyggelig! or Hallo, Hyggelig
Hei, Hyggelig, Hallo
3. Hyggelig Cozy, relaxing, and enjoyable
4. Definition of Hyggelig in the Definitions.net dictionary
5. What does Hyggelig mean? Information and translations of Hyggelig in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
6. English words for Hyggelig include nice, pleasant, enjoyable and pleasing
7. How to say Hyggelig in English? Pronunciation of Hyggelig with 1 audio pronunciation, 1 meaning, 4 translations and more for Hyggelig.
8. The Danish concept of hygge, or Hyggelig (adj.), refers to finding comfort, pleasure, and warmth in simple, soothing things such as a cozy atmosphere or the feeling of friendship
9. Hyggelig means a lot more than just pleasant, though
10. Translation for 'Hyggelig' in the free Danish-English dictionary and many other English translations.
11. 11:22 Jeg vil avslutte med en Hyggelig liten historie
12. Hyggelig on joulukuussa 2019 avattu tanskalaisiin huonekaluihin ja valaisimiin erikoistunut 2nd hand -verkkokauppa, jossa toteutat sisustusunelmasi hyvällä omallatunnolla
Hyggelig, Huonekaluihin, Hand, Hyv
13. Hyggelig is usually inadequately translated as “coziness.” This is too simplistic: coziness relates only to physical surroundings — a jersey or a warm bed — whereas Hyggelig has more to do with people’s behavior towards each other
14. - Hyggelig tastes are familiar and sweet
15. = Hyggelig sounds might be: the crackling of burning wood; the pitter patter of raindrops; and trees waving in the breeze
16. - Hyggelig smells could be aromas that trigger fond memories
17. Nb 6 Hva du kan si når du kommer tilbake: Det er forholdsvis lett å foreta gjenbesøk etter å ha levert Rikets budskap, og dette er også en Hyggelig side ved vår tjeneste
Hva, Ha, Hyggelig
18. What is Hyggelig? The word "Hyggelig" is the special Danish term to describe a mood of cosiness, safety and friendliness
19. Pronunciation Pronunciation by Deliciae (Female from Norway) Hyggelig å møte deg
20. In Live Hyggelig! · November 30, 2020
21. Hyggelig is an adjective, an example could be "A Hyggelig evening" The difference in Hyggelig and Hyggeligt is that an adjective can change its ending depending on the gender of the noun it relates to: En hygglig aften - A Hyggelig evening - is common gender Et Hyggeligt spil - A Hyggeligt game …
Hyggelig, Hyggeligt, Hygglig
22. Learn how to pronounce the Danish words Hygge and Hyggelig!Read more: https://mamainthenow.com/pronunciation-of-hygge/
How, Hygge, Hyggelig, Https
23. Hyggelig, like the Dutch word 'Gezellig', cannot be translated into English, but it means something like 'cosy'
24. Hyggelig is a very cute, very threedee-ish typeface
25. Creating a Hyggelig work environment is completely ordinary in Denmark – when I visited the ambassador to Britain, Claus Grube, he lit candles, …
26. Posted on July 20, 2018 July 21, 2018 Blog Hyggelig Leftover Perfection After jumping on the smushi bandwagon years ago, one of the aspects of smushi construction I found I enjoy the most is experimenting with flavor
27. The word is a noun: the adjectival form is ‘Hyggelig’
28. When setting up a Hyggelig home, keep it simple by adding cozy rugs
29. Keep it simple, add cozy, and only showcase your favorite things! Favorite Items For A Hyggelig Home From Wayfair
30. Over a plate of sausages and local cheeses, Thierlein shared some Hyggeligt memories
31. Hyggelig, pronounced “hoo-ga-lee” (or just simply “hig-ga-lig” since we’re Australian), means “cosiness” in Danish.Think fireplaces, home, family, friends, laughter, warmth, health, chocolate, and great food … oh yes, hot chocolate – the things which makes us happy and fuzzy inside.
Hyggelig, Hoo, Hig, Home, Health, Hot, Happy
32. "Oh, Hyggelig, Hyggelig, Hyggelig—it’s Hyggelig this, Hyggelig that
33. Everything’s Hyggelig to us Danes." My Danish instructor said something similar
34. Hyggelig : nouvelle boutique de décoration et d’ameublement qui propose, en exclusivité à Lyon, une sélection d’éditeurs scandinaves,
35. Hyggelig is the special Danish term to descripe a mood of cozines, comfortability, safety and friendliness
36. Seit November 2015 gibt es in Ascheffel den kleinen Laden Hyggelig
37. As a native speaker I would use the appropriate form for the sentence: "It was a Hyggelig night." "It was Hyggeligt to see you again."
38. However if you're going to pick just one of them, go with Hyggeligt since it's both an adjective and an adverb (Hyggelig can only be an adjective).
However, Hyggeligt, Hyggelig
39. The adjective of “hygge” is “Hyggelig.” Phonetically “Hyggelig” is spelled: /ˈhʏɡl̩ɪ/ When to use “Hyggelig” vs
40. “hygge”: You wouldn’t say “we had a hygge time at their house.” But rather “we had a Hyggelig time at their house” or “it was an evening filled with …
Hygge, Had, House, Hyggelig
41. Utepils definition - Wall Art, Hyggelig definition - Norwegian poster, Utepils poster , Norwegian Decor, Housewarming gift, Utepils art, Instant download Birthday Christmas gift Wall art is the perfect way to give your home a new lease of life without having to redecorate and PixelStudioUK has a
Hyggelig, Housewarming, Home, Having, Has
42. Koselig definition - Wall Art, Hyggelig definition - Scandinavian poster, Koselig poster , Norwegian Decor, Birthday Christmas gift, Instant download Birthday Christmas gift Wall art is the perfect way to give your home a new lease of life without having to redecorate and PixelStudioUK has a huge
Hyggelig, Home, Having, Has, Huge
43. High quality Hyggelig gifts and merchandise
44. 416 Followers, 8 Following, 105 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Hyggelig (@hyg_b)
The use of hyggelig as a greeting is synecdoche from its appearance in the Norwegian phrase hyggelig å hilse på deg (“nice to meet/see you”). As such, it most frequently appears following other words of greeting, as in Hei! Hyggelig! or Hallo, hyggelig.
About mid-20th century, the Danish word hygge (pronounced something like HEW-guh) began appearing in English writing, as a noun and adjective, to refer to cozy and comfortable surroundings that invoke an inner sense of contentment or well-being.
Hygge is such an important part of being Danish that it is considered "a defining feature of our cultural identity and an integral part of the national DNA," according to Meik Wiking, the CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen.
Hygge is a way of living, and a way of being together and really connecting with people. It's not hygge if we're in the same room and you're doing something and I'm doing something else and we're not connected. Hygge is created when you do things together. — Malene Rydahlm, quoted in The Australian, 17 Aug. 2018.