HYGGE [ˈh(y)o͞oɡə, ˈho͝oɡə]
1. Hygge (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah) is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cosy, charming or special
2. Hygge (or to be “Hyggeligt”) doesn’t require learning “how-to”, adopting it as a …
3. While Hygge—which is used as both a noun and adjective in Denmark—is more of a way of life for Danes, it caught on as a lifestyle trend in the UK in 2016 after several books about the topic were published.It became so popular in Britain that it was even included in the Collins Words of the Year for 2016—second only to Brexit.
4. In 2017, it was America's turn to go ga-ga for Hygge.
5. The Danish concept of Hygge (pronounced “hoo-ga”) is the embodiment of relaxation, indulgence, comfort and coziness.
6. Hygge is a way of living, and a way of being together and really connecting with people
7. It's not Hygge if we're in the same room and you're doing something and I'm doing something else and we're not connected
8. Hygge is created when you do things together
9. Hygge definition is - a cozy quality that makes a person feel content and comfortable
10. How to use Hygge in a sentence.
11. The Hygge way of eating is all about indulging mindfully
12. It’s suggested that the high level of meat, cakes, and coffee consumption in Denmark is directly linked to Hygge
13. Hygge Life - European, Scandinavian style home decor shop with a collection of sheepskin rugs, pillar candles, textiles, pillows, and all things Hygge
14. Visit the shop in Vail, Colorado, come to one of our Hygge events, read the Hygge blog for Hygge inspiration, or shop online.
15. Hygge BABY KIDS CLOTHING DECO TOYS BOOKS
16. Hygge is a Danish concept that’s based in feelings of security, appreciation, togetherness with others, and enjoying the simple things
17. Hygge is an ancient Scandinavian concept that is used to describe a moment or feeling that is cosy, special, or charming
18. People from Denmark, Sweden, and Norway embraces Hygge and uses it as a natural part of living
19. Here's how to embrace Hygge and bring out your inner Scandinavian spirit! SearchingScandinavia.com
20. It’s become an international buzzword: Hygge
21. The Danish lifestyle concept and its benefits are all the rage, but what exactly is Hygge, and how might it be your ticket to beating back the winter blues? We’ll explore the term and 10 simple tricks you can use to add more Hygge to your life!
22. What Is Hygge? Wiking, author of The Little Book of Hygge, explains that Hygge has been called everything from “the art of creating intimacy” and “cosiness of the soul” to “cocoa by candlelight.”While Hygge is a year-round concept in Denmark, it’s becoming a more commonly adopted practice to help others around the world get through the dark winter months.
23. Hygge (who-guh) is a Scandinavian word describing a quality of coziness + comfort that elicits a feeling of contentment
24. Hygge Custom Homes embodies all things modern yet cozy + comfortable
25. 31 Hygge Home Decor Ideas to Cozy Up Your Space will give you recommendations on making your living space become a welcoming space
26. Hygge decor ideas will help you infuse you and your family’s personalities into every corner of your home
27. Hygge and Lagom: A Complete Guide to Change Your Habits, Declutter Your Life and Create a Cozy Living Space
28. What does Hygge mean? Hygge is as Danish as æbleskiver and it goes far in illuminating the Danish soul
29. In essence, Hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people
30. The warm glow of candlelight is Hygge
31. Cosying up with a loved one for a movie – that’s Hygge…
32. Rather than drudge through the winter, Hygge is about celebrating coziness, warmth and family, as well as practicing mindfulness — and TBH, we love it.
33. Hygge encourages togetherness at mealtime without screens or distractions
34. Hygge is a Danish concept that encompasses the feeling of quiet comfort
35. Elements of Hygge include plush textures, greenery, and warm, neutral shades
36. Hygge, a Danish quality of “coziness and comfortable conviviality,” is making inroads with an international audience and is the subject of a crop of new books.
37. Hygge, pronounced "hyoo-gah," is an Old Norwegian term predating the modern language that means "well-being." Since the terms inception in the 18th century, Scandinavians have turned Hygge into a lifestyle concept that keeps their mental health strong throughout the cold and dark Scandinavian winters, but it is also an important term for their
38. Hygge (hoo-gah): meaning to enjoy life’s simple pleasures
39. Hygge socks, Hygge blankets, Hygge sweaters…well, you get the idea
40. But have you ever wondered exactly what Hygge is, or what it means to live a Hygge lifestyle? Read on to find out all about Hygge and how to pronounce it (hint: it doesn’t rhyme with jiggy), along with tips on how you can live a more Hygge life.
41. Could 'Hygge' have anything to do with it? Danes, in particular, are very good at the concept of 'cosiness'
42. As Meik Wiking, author of The Little Book of Hygge, explains: 'Danes are aware of the
43. "Hygge is so crucial to living Danishly that the other day on the motorway, I saw a camper van driving along with lit candles in the windows
44. Hygge is the hottest phenomenon that’s sweeping the world of interior design with a philosophy of warmth, simplicity, and comfort
45. Hygge activities, on the other hand, tend to be cheap or even free
46. That makes the Hygge lifestyle a perfect choice for living the good life on a tight budget
47. Of course, like any other trend, Hygge can be used as an excuse to sell pricey products
48. Charlotte Higgins, writing for The Guardian, talks of seeing Hygge “used to sell cashmere
49. Hygge is the art form of creating intimacy in any given moment
50. Embrace Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) and become happier with this definitive guide to the Danish philosophy of comfort, togetherness, and well-being
51. Why are Danes the happiest people in the world? The answer, says Meik Wiking, CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen, is Hygge
52. Loosely translated, Hygge―pronounced Hoo-ga―is a
53. We’re always looking for ways to bring people together here at Hygge
54. Want to get a sense of the community at Hygge coworking without having to swing by the actual space? Follow our shenanigans on social media
55. Listen and learn how to say Hygge correctly with Julien, "how do you pronounce" free pronunciation audio/video tutorials.Video content (transcription):We are
56. Hygge, a Danish term, is really about ambiance: surrounding yourself with good people and an atmosphere that makes you happy, all the better to …
57. "Hygge" is a song performed in the Broadway adaption of Frozen and is the opening song of the show's second act.
58. In other words, friluftsliv is the new Hygge, and therefore it’s time to take the coziest items in your wardrobe from the living room to the great outdoors.
59. Hygge Self Care Gift Box, Hygge Definition Bath Gift set, Care package Bath Salt Bath Fizz Cozy Gift Set, Vegan Gift stress relief gift NaturesGenieLtd
60. Hygge hails from Scandinavian regions where the people have learned to appreciate the small things
61. In countries where the temperature dips below freezing and snow piles high, Hygge is especially important.
62. Hygge - Hygge decor - Hygge wall art - Felt ball garland - Wool ball garland - Boho Nursery decor - Pom pom garland - Baby decor ThePeaberryStudio
63. Add to Favorites Vintage Boho Style Instant Download, Norway, Fall Print, Scandinavian Hygge Christmas Winter Wanderlust Vintage Photograph, Wall Art Decor
64. Take a tour of "Hygge" in Copenhagen - We asked Swedish Anna to investigate what this 'Hygge' is all about, see what she finds out!Read more about Danish hyg
The word Hygge (pronounced "hoo-gah") is usually translated as "cosiness", but it's not just about warm lighting and candles. Hygge is also a mindset - it's about relaxing and being kind to yourself, rather than going without a certain food type or drink, or embarking on any sort...
Hygge is all about keeping things simple (think Scandi-style interior design), but it also encourages people to live a little and say yes to that extra slice of cake. And after a couple divisive and stress-filled years, it's no mystery why Americans are all in for hygge. Purchasing products just to be on-trend.
What does hygge mean? Hygge is a quality of coziness that makes a person feel content and comfortable. It's also often used as an adjective meaning "cozy or comfortable ." Where did hygge come from?
While there's no one English word or simple definition to describe hygge, several can be used interchangeably to describe the idea of hygge such as cosiness, charm, happiness, 'contentness', security, familiarity, comfort, reassurance, kinship, and simpleness.