1. Humanist definition, a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity
Humanist, Having, Human
2. Humanist definition, a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity
Humanist, Having, Human
3. The Humanist movement had an enormous influence on the course of psychology and contributed new ways of thinking about mental health
Humanist, Had, Health
4. Humanist morality provides a searchlight, not a map – it is a way of thinking about these questions and not an answer to them
5. In other words, the purpose of morality, as Humanists see it, is not to conform to some pre-ordained model such as might include (say) a fascist or totalitarian idea of morality being to preserve the nation or the
6. The American Humanist Association advocates progressive values and equality for Humanists, atheists, freethinkers, and the non-religious across the country.
7. In history Humanistic psychology is an outlook or system of thought that focuses on human beings rather than supernatural or divine insight
History, Humanistic, Human
8. Sommer Introduction Humanists reject the claim that the Bible is the word of God
9. Humanist in the House The following is adapted (with permission) from my presentation of the Humanist of the Year Award to Rep
10. Huffman at the American Humanist Association’s 79th Annual Conference, “Distant but Together: A Virtual Celebration of Humanism,” on August 8, 2020.
Huffman, Humanist, Humanism
11. A Humanist bases their ethical decisions again on reason, with the input of empathy, and aiming toward the welfare and fulfillment of living things
12. On this page we provide more information about humanism: what it means to be a ‘Humanist’, and more about the various aspects of the Humanist worldview.
13. Humanist synonyms, Humanist pronunciation, Humanist translation, English dictionary definition of Humanist
14. As such, HOH also participates in a variety of activities designed to advance Humanist causes and values in the Houston area
Hoh, Humanist, Houston
15. The Humanists of Houston is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
16. During the period, the term Humanist (Italian: umanista) referred to teachers and students of the studia humanitatis—meaning the humanities including grammar, rhetoric, history, poetry, and moral philosophy.
Humanist, Humanitatis, Humanities, History
17. Humanists are allowed to disagree, not only on the conclusions they draw from those principles but even on the formulation and extent of those principles themselves.
18. Mubarak Bala is a Nigerian human rights activist and President of the Humanist Association of Nigeria
19. The Nashville Humanist Association strives to promote secular progressive values for Humanists, freethinkers, atheists, and the non-religious.
20. Synonyms for Humanist in Free Thesaurus
21. 9 synonyms for Humanist: humanitarian, Humanistic, Humanistic, humane, Humanistic, human-centered
Humanist, Humanitarian, Humanistic, Humane, Human
22. Humanistic, humanism and Humanist are terms in psychology relating to an approach which studies the whole person and the uniqueness of each individual
Humanistic, Humanism, Humanist
23. Humanistic psychology is a perspective that emphasizes looking at the the whole person, and the uniqueness of each individual.
24. It is, however, certain that both Italy and the re-adopting of Latin letters as the staple of human culture were responsible for the name “Humanists.”
However, Human, Humanists
25. Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old Humanist quotes, Humanist sayings, and Humanist proverbs, …
26. The International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU) is the world union of more than 100 Humanist, rationalist, secular, ethical culture, and freethought organizations in more than 40 countries
27. The Happy Human is the official symbol of the IHEU as well as being regarded as a universally recognised symbol for those who call themselves Humanists
Happy, Human, Humanists
28. A Secular Humanist is someone who does not believe in the otherworldly tenets of religion, but does believe in the many noble and righteous …
29. Humanist Network of Excellence is a project for improving driving techniques and safety through automation and artificial intelligence
30. The Humanist-Scholastic Debate in the Renaissance and Reformation
31. Save Citation » Export Citation » Surveys the sharp debates between Humanists and Scholastic theologians, beginning in Italy and passing to Germany between roughly 1450 and 1550
32. Humanists do not have a regular place of worship
33. Humanist also have ceremonies, celebrations or special occasions.
34. A Humanist approach will have a strong focus on students’ emotional wellbeing and eternally view children as innately good ‘at the core’
35. A Humanist educator’s teaching strategy will have four philosophical pillars
36. The Humanist Manifesto is a non-binding document that seeks to capture general values that many Humanists share, most recently updated in 2003
37. On campus, the Humanist Community at Tufts seeks to provide that sense of shared experience, as well as other spaces on campus that are attentive to the
38. Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit
39. My Humanist belief helps me to see that to be honest with myself, to face life openly, and to be loyal to high ideals is to be spiritual
Humanist, Helps, Honest, High
40. The Unitarian Universalist Humanist Association (formerly HUUmanists) is committed to Humanist principles of reason, compassion, and human fulfillment enumerated in the Humanist Manifestos and in the seven Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association
Humanist, Huumanists, Human
41. High quality Humanist gifts and merchandise
42. The Humanist Report is a video + audio podcast
43. Humanist Society Scotland works on behalf of Humanists living in Scotland to promote Humanist thinking, building networks of Humanists across the country and influencing public policy
44. Humanism has a long and varied history, but today Humanists share the core values which were agreed in the 2002 Amsterdam Declaration of the International
Humanism, Has, History, Humanists
45. The Humanist allows a person freedom of choice, and is responsible for his own self-direction
46. Stressing that anxiety is a motivating force for change, the Humanist believes that the change will result in a more independent and complete
47. “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut tags: afterlife, atheism, humanism, secularism
48. Humanist Artist / Official Website / Rob Marshall
humanist (noun) · humanists (plural noun)