1. Examples of Hogshead in a Sentence the ship's hold carried 164 Hogsheads of molasses Recent Examples on the Web Happy Valley, where not just tents but Hogsheads, dry goods boxes, a …
Hogshead, Hold, Hogsheads, Happy
2. From Late Middle English Hogshead, hagyshed, hogeyshed, hoggesyde, hokkeshed, Middle English hoggeshed, hogges-hed, hogeshed, hoggeshede, hoggesheed, hoggesheudes, hoggesheved, hoggishede, hoggisheed, hoggyssehed, hogyshed, hoogeshed (“measure of liquid capacity equivalent to about 63 gallons; large barrel or cask”, literally “hog’s head”), from hog, hogge …
Hogshead, Hagyshed, Hogeyshed, Hoggesyde, Hokkeshed, Hoggeshed, Hogges, Hed, Hogeshed, Hoggeshede, Hoggesheed, Hoggesheudes, Hoggesheved, Hoggishede, Hoggisheed, Hoggyssehed, Hogyshed, Hoogeshed, Hog, Head, Hogge
3. • A Hogshead is a large cask of liquid (or, less often • A large barrel, made from oak and used to mature spirit • A large cask used mainly for the shipment of wines and spirits • A unit of measurement equal to approximately one hundred gallons
4. Hogshead Cafe is home to the world famous
5. Hogshead Kitchen and Wine Bar, where the place is unique and the food is incredible! Tapping into a love and expertise in French cuisine, Hogshead brings innovative twists on everyday fare, changing the menu selection as often as the tides roll in
6. A Hogshead cask (left) compared to a bourbon barrel (right) Image courtesy of Speyside Cooperage Kentucky
7. A Hogshead, or ‘hoggie’, is a type of cask used to mature Scotch whisky – essentially a reconstructed barrel fitted with extra staves
8. Hogshead 1 An English and later British unit of capacity, a quarter of a tun, = 63 wine gallons
9. After conversion to imperial measure in 1824, the Hogshead became 52.5 imperial gallons, about 238.7 liters.
10. What does Hogshead mean? Any of various units of volume or capacity ranging from 63 to 140 gallons (238 to 530 liters), especially a unit of capa
11. Definition of Hogshead in the Definitions.net dictionary
12. What does Hogshead mean? Information and translations of Hogshead in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
13. A "Hogshead" is a measurement of an alcholic beverage, such as beer or wine, that measures ~240 litres
14. Delivery & Pickup Options - 100 reviews of Hogshead Kitchen and Wine Bar "The food and the restaurant decor are amazing
15. Hogshead Sauces Kaisers or Slider Rolls Package Four — Pork & Ribs $ 17.49 per person Pulled Pork, 4 oz Baby Back Ribs, 3 oz Fresh Made Cole Slaw, 2 oz Loaded Potato Salad, 4 oz Baked Beans, 4 oz Hogshead Sauces Kaisers or Slider Rolls Package Five — High on the Hog $ 18.99 per person
Hogshead, High, Hog
16. In Rib Heaven at the Hogshead Cafe in Henrico This is the place for you if (1) you are a ribs affectionado or (2) you like the feel and familiarity of a chain restaurant
Heaven, Hogshead, Henrico
17. ‘Within months he had joined forces with him to make their first large shipment to London: 48 Hogsheads and a quarter cask, sent to Robert …
He, Had, Him, Hogsheads
18. The Historic Hogshead building in Downtown Chattanooga features luxury effieciency, 1 and 2 bedroom apartment homes, featuring beautiful hardwoods, fully-equipped kitchens, large windows for great natural lighting, tall ceilings, spacious balcones (on select units), plush carpeting, and did we mention the walk-ability to Downtown's shopping, dining and nightlife?
Historic, Hogshead, Homes, Hardwoods
19. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Hogsheads crossword clue
20. Hogshead: a large cask; a measure of capacity for beer, equal to 64 gallons (245.5 liters)
21. After my friend told me about how fantastic Hogshead Brewery was; I knew I had to check it out for myself
How, Hogshead, Had
22. So after grabbing brunch - we made our way to Hogshead Brewery for a couple brews and girl talk
23. 10 synonyms of Hogshead from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 6 related words, definitions, and antonyms
24. The Hogshead of molasses was made 100 gallons by a statute of 22 Geo
25. Formerly the London Hogshead of beer was 54 beer-gallons, the London Hogshead of ale was 48 ale-gallons, and the ale- and beer-Hogshead for the rest of England was 51 gallons
26. Other Hogsheads, for cider, oats, lime, tobacco, etc., have had local acceptance
Hogsheads, Have, Had
27. The Hogshead family name was found in the USA, the UK, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920
28. The most Hogshead families were found in the USA in 1880
29. In 1840 there were 14 Hogshead families living in Virginia
30. This was about 52% of all the recorded Hogshead's in the USA
31. Virginia had the highest population of Hogshead families in 1840.
Had, Highest, Hogshead
32. Hogshead (n.) "large cask or barrel," late 14c., presumably on some perceived resemblance or some mark formerly borne by the casks
33. Hogshead was recently inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame, the industry's highest award for professional excellence
Hogshead, Hall, Highest
34. The science of fascination is based on Hogshead's decade of research with 250,000 participants, including dozens of Fortune 500 teams, hundreds of small
35. Restaurants near Hogshead: (0.08 mi) Kilwins (0.06 mi) Iron Rooster Annapolis (0.10 mi) Dock Street Bar & Grill (0.07 mi) The Federal House Bar & Grille (0.07 mi) McGarvey's Saloon and Oyster Bar; View all restaurants near Hogshead on Tripadvisor
36. Hogshead brewery's North West Denver Taproom was developed to allow a local clientele, as well as beer aficionados and lovers of good times a central spot to enjoy a proper pint of Cask Ale and have a chat
37. Hogshead is a measure of volume
38. Get more information and details on the 'Hogshead' measurement unit, including its symbol, category, and common conversions from Hogshead to other volume units.
39. Hogshead - Your friendly local restaurant and pub
40. Hogshead is a nice little local restaurant/bar
41. Hogshead: Any of various units of volume or capacity ranging from 63 to 140 gallons (238 to 530 liters), especially a unit of capacity used in liquid …
42. Hogshead — A Hogshead is a large cask of liquid (less often, of a food commodity)
43. Hogshead Kitchen and Wine Bar, where the place is unique and the food is incredible! Tapping into a love and expertise in French cuisine, Hogshead brings innovative twists on everyday fare, changing the menu selection as often as the tides roll in
44. ‘To a Hogshead of wine, add a bowlful of red wine pips dried and then boiled.’ ‘Turns out a Hogshead is a unit of measure equal to 2 barrels of wine.’ 1.2 A measure …
45. The Hogshead was not employed only for tobacco; it traditionally is a measurement equal to 54 to 130 gallons and has been used to hold liquor, beer, flour, sugar, molasses, and other products
Hogshead, Has, Hold
46. Most sources agree that the word Hogshead dates to the Late Middle English period (1350–1469).
47. Sally Hogshead is a bright, witty woman who delivers with a personal style that I find very appealing
48. The Hogshead is a live music orientated venue open all year round
49. Find 6 ways to say Hogshead, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
50. Hogshead Kansas City is a locally-owned and operated upscale creative American restaurant focused on seasonal and locally produced ingredients located in the Country Club Plaza next door to the now vacated Plaza III Steakhouse location at 4743 Pennsylvania Ave
51. Hogshead is the brainchild of Shawn McClenny and Clark Grant.
52. Hogshead Sandton; Hogshead, Illovo; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for Hogshead Restaurant on Zomato Location Fill icon It is an icon with title Location Fill
HOGSHEAD [ˈhôɡzhed, ˈhäɡzˌhed]
hogshead (noun) · hogsheads (plural noun) · hhd (noun) · hhds (plural noun)
Freebase(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: Hogshead. A hogshead is a large cask of liquid. More specifically, it refers to a specified volume, measured in either imperial or US customary, primarily applied to alcoholic beverages such as wine, ale, or cider.
Synonyms for hogshead. barrel, butt, cask, firkin, keg, kilderkin, pipe, puncheon,
Definition of hogshead 1 : a large cask or barrel 2 : any of various units of capacity especially : a U.S. unit equal to 63 gallons (238 liters) 1 : a very large cask 2 : a unit of liquid measure equal to 63 gallons (about 238 liters)
A hogshead is essentially a barrel made from the staves of a bourbon cask with new oak ends. A butt is the standard size cask used for maturing sherry. As the interaction between wood and spirit is integral to the maturation process, smaller casks tend to mature Scotch whisky quicker.