1. "Hoary" developed from "hoar" more than 475 years ago, and since then it has been used for anything that is old or that has the whitened look of age (from the Hoary bat to the Hoary willow)
Hoary, Hoar, Has
2. Venerable "hoar" also remains as a synonym of "Hoary" and as a component of compounds such as "hoarfrost." Examples of Hoary …
Hoar, Hoary, Hoarfrost
3. Hoary definition, gray or white with age: an old dog with a Hoary muzzle
4. Very old and familiar and therefore not interesting or funny: He told a few Hoary old jokes and nobody laughed.
5. The definition of Hoary is very old, white or grey
6. An example of Hoary used as an adjective is in the phrase "Hoary tree," which means a very old tree.
7. 10 synonyms of Hoary from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 39 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Hoary: dating or surviving from the distant past.
9. Hoary (comparative hoarier, superlative hoariest) White, whitish, or greyish -white
Hoary, Hoarier, Hoariest
10. Quotations ▼ The old man bowed his Hoary head in acquiescence.
His, Hoary, Head
11. Find 25 ways to say Hoary, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
12. Hoary alyssum is an aggressive invader in fields of alfalfa, clover, or birdsfoot trefoil and is listed as a state noxious weed in some states
13. Keywords "Alyssum incanum, False Hoary, madwort, Hoary berteroa"
14. A very close relative of the Common Redpoll, but adapted to even bleaker conditions, the Hoary Redpoll is only a scarce visitor south of the Arctic
15. In those winters when large numbers of redpolls invade southward, a few Hoarys are usually mixed into the flocks
16. "Hoary" also references this bird's frosty plumage, and "redpoll" is a nod to its berry-red crown patch
17. In some years, Hoary Redpolls make rare appearances to southern Canada or the northern U.S., sometimes showing up at bird feeders along with Common Redpolls.
18. Definition of Hoary in the Definitions.net dictionary
19. What does Hoary mean? Information and translations of Hoary in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
20. Hoary Name Meaning Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups - by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation, patronage, parentage, adoption, and even physical characteristics (like red hair)
Hoary, Historically, Hair
21. See authoritative translations of Hoary in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
22. ‘No amphibian or terrestrial reptile, and only one terrestrial mammal, the Hoary bat, completed the journey on its own.’
23. The Hoary bat is one of North America’s most recognizable and striking bats
24. Hoary alyssum is an upright annual, biennial or short-lived perennial herb growing about 1 to 3.5 feet tall
25. Hoary: 1 adj showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair “nodded his Hoary head” Synonyms: gray , gray-haired , gray-headed , grey , grey-haired , grey-headed , grizzly , hoar , white-haired old (used especially of persons) having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age adj ancient “ Hoary jokes”
Hoary, Having, Hair, His, Head, Haired, Headed, Hoar
26. Matthiola incana is a species of flowering plant in the cabbage family Brassicaceae.Common names include Brompton stock, common stock, Hoary stock, ten-week stock, and gilly-flower
27. Examples of Hoary in a sentence The Hoary house was built in the eighteenth century and is now part of a museum
28. 🔊 When someone told me Jeff’s girlfriend was Hoary, I could not believe my pal would date a woman three times his age
29. 🔊 The Hoary tree has been living in the field for over two centuries
30. Welcome to Hoary Cullompton! The place to see and share the old and the new memorabilia of Cullompton
31. If you describe a problem or subject as Hoary, you mean that it is old and familiar.the Hoary old myth that increased competition will drive up standards
32. Synonyms: old, aged, ancient, antique More Synonyms of Hoary More Synonyms of Hoary
33. Hoary Mountainmint is an herbaceous perennial that may grow to 5 feet tall
34. Hoary Alyssum (Berteroa incana (L.) DC), a member of the mustard family, is an annual to short-lived perennial herb that is native to Eurasia
35. The basal rosette of Hoary alyssum has oval to lance-shaped leaves that are long-stalked and broader near the tip.
36. Hoary Puccoon (Lithospermum canescens)By Christopher David Benda
37. This perennial wildflower is called Hoary puccoon
38. The name “Lithospermum” means “rock seed,” referring to the shiny, white, rock-hard seeds.The species epithet “canescens” means “Hoary,” referring to the downy appearance of the leaves.
39. The Hoary man has owned this shop since I was just a child
40. Hoary, Hoary old adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." figurative (saying: old, overused) viejo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo
41. "Hoarfrost" is the term for the beautiful ice crystals that form on clear, frigid winter nights—a scenario the Hoary Redpoll is intimately familiar with
42. "Hoary" also references this bird's frosty plumage, and "redpoll" is a nod to its berry-red crown patch.
43. Hoary - showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his Hoary head" grey-haired , grey-headed , grizzly , hoar , white-haired , gray-haired , gray-headed , grey , gray
Hoary, Having, Hair, Hoar, His, Head, Haired, Headed
44. When was the first name Hoary first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Hoary is Sunday, August 12th, 1923
45. How unique is the name Hoary? From 1880 to 2018 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Hoary
How, Hoary, Have
46. • Attractive Hoary foliage, and brilliant scarlet orange flowers
47. • At least one House Republican freshman maintains a Hoary political tradition by staging town meetings with his constituents
House, Hoary, His
48. • All the grass in front was brittle and Hoary white
49. • It contains many majestic old oaks and Hoary willows
50. Definition and synonyms of Hoary from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
51. This is the British English definition of Hoary.View American English definition of Hoary.
52. The Hoary bat holds the title of the most widespread bat species in the Americas, with a transcontinental range stretching from south-eastern Canada to Hawaii
Hoary, Holds, Hawaii
53. The Hoary bat is a migratory bat species, which means instead of spending winter months hibernating in …
54. Hoary cress is a highly competitive plant forming a monoculture, and once established, it easily displaces native vegetation
55. If you dont have the crest in your inventory or enough Texts to turn in then you may still be able to summons the Hoary Templar by clicking on the lesser windstone after putting on the armor, its just a 1 in four chance you will get him instead of the other 3 elementals.
Have, Hoary, Him
56. Hoary alyssum is an annual (occasionally biennial) plant with white flowers, notched petals, and round seedpods
57. Synonyms for Hoary in Free Thesaurus
58. 36 synonyms for Hoary: old, aged, ancient, antique, venerable, antiquated, white-haired, white, grey
59. Hoary cress This plant and synonym italicized and indented above can be weedy or invasive according to the authoritative sources noted below.This plant may be known by one or more common names in different places, and some are listed above.
60. Hoary bats are named for their fur, which is silver at the tips
61. Hoary bats are wanderers – they sometimes migrate hundreds of miles and can be found in almost every state in the U.S
62. Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Research Station documented Hoary bats going into a state of torpor, or hibernation.
63. The Hoary marmot (Marmota caligata) is a species of marmot that inhabits the mountains of northwest North America.Hoary marmots live near the tree line on slopes with grasses and forbs to eat and rocky areas for cover.
64. They are Hoary beneath due to a vestiture of short whitish hairs
65. Spanish Translation of “Hoary” The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online
66. Find 25 ways to say Hoary, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
67. Hoary alyssum (Berteroa incana) is an annual to short-lived perennial
hoary (adjective) · hoarier (comparative adjective) · hoariest (superlative adjective)