1. English Language Learners Definition of Heredity formal : the natural process by which physical and mental qualities are passed from a parent to a child See the full definition for Heredity in the English Language Learners Dictionary
2. Heredity, the sum of all biological processes by which particular characteristics are transmitted from parents to their offspring
3. The concept of Heredity encompasses two seemingly paradoxical observations about organisms: the constancy of a species from generation to generation and the variation among individuals within a species.
4. Heredity is mediated by way of the CHROMOSOMES which, essentially, consist of DNA
5. Heredity Heredity refers to the genetic heritage passed down by our biological parents
6. Heredity ['hə-re-də-tē] The passing of traits to from parents to offspring by the genes of the parents
7. Heredity - Heredity - Structure and composition of DNA: The remarkable properties of the nucleic acids, which qualify these substances to serve as the carriers of genetic information, have claimed the attention of many investigators
8. Find 10 ways to say Heredity, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Heredity determines certain specific characteristics of plants and animals
10. Heredity, transmission from generation to generation through the process of reproduction reproduction, capacity of all living systems to give rise to new systems similar to themselves
11. Heredity, in modern language, is the law by which living beings tend to repeat their characteristics, physiological and psychical, in their offspring, a law familiar in some form to even the most uncultured peoples
12. And I want to repeat again, this isn't necessarily how the alleles for eye color work, but it's a nice simplification to maybe understand how Heredity works.
13. Heredity is the process by which features and characteristics are passed on from parents to their children before the children are born
14. Heredity is not a factor in causing the cancer
15. Synonyms: genetics, inheritance, genetic make-up, congenital traits More Synonyms of Heredity COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
16. Heredity is a 1912 American drama film directed by D
17. Heredity basically means that you get copies of 1/2 of your parents genes
18. The study of Heredity and the variation of inherited characteristics
19. Heredity - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
20. The offspring tends to resemble, sometimes with extraordinary closeness, the parents; this is Heredity.This definition omits the cases of (1) alternation of generations, where the offspring resembles a more remote ancestor in the direct line, the alternation being in regular or irregular rhythm; (2) the production of neuters, like their equally neuter uncles and aunts but unlike their (fertile
21. Play Heredity vocabulary games including Concentration, Matching, Flashcards, and Word Search
22. Heredity Quiz Book; 2020 BioEarth Science CD in the Science Olympiad Store - contains Heredity! 2020 Science Olympiad Division B Test Packet Digital Download - Contains the 2019 Science Olympiad National Tournament Test/Key/! Genetics CD in the Science Olympiad Store - for Heredity and Designer Genes
23. Open up Heredity.py and take a look first at the definition of PROBS
24. Synonyms for Heredity in Free Thesaurus
25. 5 synonyms for Heredity: genetics, inheritance, genetic make-up, congenital traits, genetic endowment
26. What are synonyms for Heredity?
27. Heredity (n.) 1530s, "inheritance, succession," from French hérédité, from Old French eredite "inheritance, legacy" (12c.), from Latin hereditatem (nominative hereditas) "heirship, inheritance, an inheritance, condition of being an heir," from heres (genitive heredis) "heir, heiress" (from PIE root *ghe-"to be empty, left behind," source also of Greek khēra "widow").
28. Heredity, race and nationhood are not the best criteria by which to judge our fellow humans
29. Tobacco, UV rays, viruses, Heredity, and age are the main causes of cancer
30. Heredity or Hereditary is the process of passing the traits and characteristics from parents to offsprings through genes
31. In this Heredity activity, learners will review the work Mendel did on predicting how traits were passed down from generation to generation
32. ‘The manner in which someone ages depends almost entirely on factors relating to Heredity, physical and mental health, and nutrition.’ ‘If the development of a certain disease is due to Heredity, then genetic researchers would expect more of the identical twins to share the …
33. Heredity is defined as the manner in which characteristics and traits are passed on from parents to their offsprings
34. Heredity n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc