See also: Handsel Hand Handel Hansel Handset Handle Handsome Handicap Handlers Handout Hands-on Handmaid Handwriting Handiwork Handover Handbook Handpick Handyman Handgun Handed Handley Handsy Handsomer Handled Handful
1. According to an old custom in the British Isles, the first Monday of the new year is Handsel Monday, a day to give a small gift or good luck charm to children or to those who have served you well.
2. Handsel definition, a gift or token for good luck or as an expression of good wishes, as at the beginning of the new year or when entering upon a new situation or enterprise
3. Handsel are wholesalers selling jewellery products to retailers and similar traders for resale to the general public
4. 12 synonyms of Handsel from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 36 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. What does Handsel mean? A gift to express good wishes at the beginning of a new year or enterprise
6. Handsel (Noun) A gift given at New Year, or at the start of some enterprise or new situation, meant to ensure good luck
7. Etymology: Handselen, or handsal.
8. ME Handsel < OE (rare) Handselen, a giving into hand & ON handsal, sealing of a bargain by a handclasp (transl
Handsel, Handselen, Hand, Handsal, Handclasp
9. Of L mancipatio: see emancipation), both < hand + IE base of sell Examples of 'Handsel' in a sentence
10. Handsel Home & Lifestyle Gifts 336b Leith Walk Edinburgh, EH6 5BR
11. The Handsel family name was found in the USA, the UK, and Scotland between 1841 and 1920
12. The most Handsel families were found in the USA in 1880
13. In 1880 there were 8 Handsel families living in Tennessee
14. This was about 35% of all the recorded Handsel's in the USA
15. Tennessee had the highest population of Handsel families in 1880.
Had, Highest, Handsel
16. Handsel Publishers is a small publishing company for independent authors
17. A bareheaded lassie, hoping to be Handsel, threw down twopence, and asked tape at three yards for a halfpenny
Hoping, Handsel, Halfpenny
18. THE LIFE OF MANSIE WAUCH DAVID MACBETH MOIR Come, Bung, we'll give ourselves Handsel; go, fill's a lusty pot of ale
19. Handsel, 86, passed away peacefully at her home on Thursday, February 4, 2021 surrounded by her family
Handsel, Her, Home
20. The word "Handsel" originates from old Saxon word which means “to deliver into the hand”
21. Lieutenant Handsel at once took the command, making his clear voice, as he issued his orders, heard amid the wild din of battle.: A bareheaded lassie, hoping to be Handsel, threw down twopence, and asked tape at three yards for a halfpenny.
Handsel, His, He, Heard, Hoping, Halfpenny
22. Synonyms for Handsel include gift, present, donation, presentation, bestowal, largesse, giveaway, largess, freebie and donative
23. Handsel - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
24. Inflections of 'Handsel' (v): (⇒ conjugate) When both "l" and "ll" forms exist, spellings with a double "l" are correct, but rare, in US English, while those with a single "l" are not correct in UK English.
25. I'm going to Handsel my house with a party tomorrow
26. You may set your Data-cal when you Handsel it
27. Handsels A charming little West End restaurant with reliable menu
28. Welcome to Handsel Stop! Here we make custom 'Explosion Boxes'
29. Brevard Station Museum volunteers Joyce Handsel, Pat Smith, and Ruth Wood have worked together to compile photographs and stories of Stanley and its people
30. Handsel is a fresh and unique handwritten font with an undeniably contemporary feel
31. Russell and Lila Handsel were longtime members of the Stanley Methodist Church
32. The four Handsel sisters were of Danish origin but they had moved to the Wilton area
33. Check out Terry Handsel's high school sports timeline including game updates while playing football at East Lake High School from 2017 through this year.
34. Handsel - traduction anglais-français
35. Forums pour discuter de Handsel, voir ses formes composées, des exemples et poser vos questions
36. Another way to say Handsel? Synonyms for Handsel (other words and phrases for Handsel).
37. Frederick Handsel Fred Romkey passed away peacefully in Dartmouth General Hospital on July 6, 2006, after a short illness
38. 534 Ralph Handsel Boulevard, Stanley, NC 28164 (MLS# 3689658) is a Single Family property that was sold at $180,000 on January 25, 2021
39. Want to learn more about 534 Ralph Handsel Boulevard? Do you have questions about finding other Single Family real estate for sale in Stanley?
40. Handsel, n., v.Also Handsell (Per
41. Ralph Handsel, born on 2 October 1906 was the ninth child of Dora Isabel) McGinnis and Sidney Daniel Handsel
42. Chief of Police Ralph Handsel died at age 84 on 16 April 1991
43. Handsel Grady Morgan, Sr., age 98, of Buford, GA, passed away on February 29, 2020
44. See authoritative translations of Handsel in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
45. Attain Handsel offers the fastest and most reliable courier service international with no disappointment and it won't start with your package
46. A Handsel is a good-luck gift, given to mark a special occasion
47. Summary: Handsel Green is 58 years old today because Handsel's birthday is on 10/13/1962
48. Before moving to Handsel's current city of Ridgeland, MS, Handsel lived in Monroe GA and Madison MS
49. Carlos Camacho Ramirez, Mikel Henderson, Kelly Taylor, Bryant Baugus and Melody Chimahusky, and many others are family members and associates of Handsel
50. 534 Ralph Handsel Blvd , Stanley, NC 28164-1447 is currently not for sale
51. Summary: Taylor Handsel is 34 years old today because Taylor's birthday is on 06/09/1986
52. Taylor Handsel lives in Mount Juliet, TN; previous cities include Hope Mills NC, Hermitage TN and Fayetteville NC
Handsel, Hope, Hermitage
53. Other names that Taylor uses includes Taylor Leroy Handsel and Taylor L Handsel.
54. Handsel - Handwritten Font is a natural & modern handwritten font
55. Handsel added a new image: This must be that beautiful Skyrim weather I've always heard about 27 December 2020, 5:19PM Handsel added a new image: fresh fruit and vegetables
Definition of handsel (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a gift made as a token of good wishes or luck especially at the beginning of a new year 2 : something received first (as in a day of trading) and taken to be a token of good luck
Example Sentences Learn More about handsel Did You Know? According to an old custom in the British Isles, the first Monday of the new year is Handsel Monday, a day to give a small gift or good luck charm to children or to those who have served you well.
or han·sel. noun. a gift or token for good luck or as an expression of good wishes, as at the beginning of the new year or when entering upon a new situation or enterprise.
By the 1500s, traders were using handsel for the first cash they earned in the morning - to them, an omen of good things to follow. Nowadays, it can also be used for the first use or experience of something, especially when such a use gives a taste of things to come. Get Word of the Day delivered to your inbox! “Handsel.”