1. 36 synonyms and near synonyms of Hammering from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
2. Find another word for Hammering.
3. Hammering noun [S] (DEFEAT) an occasion when someone is defeated completely: You should have seen the Hammering I gave her in the second game
Hammering, Have, Her
4. Both countries took a tremendous Hammering …
5. Hammering The act of trying repeatedly to connect to an unavailable FTP server with little or no time between connection attempts
6. Yet proper Hammering technique, like so many skills that we take for granted, isn’t as self-evident as people think
7. Store cards have taken a Hammering in recent years because of their high interest rates.
Have, Hammering, High
8. To continue to do a task that requires much Hammering. The roofers are Hammering away at the job, trying to finish before night.
9. Their offense has been Hammering the opposition all game long
10. The enemy has been Hammering us with bombardments for …
11. ‘After Tipperary's Hammering of Clare in 1994, Tipp scored 2-29, Loughnane, then a selector, decided to take action.’ ‘Of course, a 5-0 Hammering of the Quakers would have been welcomed with open arms but from there the only way is down and at least City have left room for improvement and kept expectation levels in check.’
12. Definition and synonyms of Hammering from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
13. This is the British English definition of Hammering.View American English definition of Hammering.
14. Synonyms for Hammering in Free Thesaurus
15. 3 synonyms for Hammering: pounding, hammer, pound
16. What are synonyms for Hammering?
17. The sound, or water hammer, is the result of in-line pipes moving and bumping around in their hangers. Hammering can be caused by waterlogged air …
Hammer, Hangers, Hammering
18. And what exactly is Hammering The Chalk? Well, to put it simply, and it is darned simple, it’s a way of playing selected favorites, with little or no thinking involved, that guarantees profits at the track
19. When a person with a mental abnormality hears a Hammering sound, or voices that are unwarranted, it may be a function of a psychological disorder, such as …
20. [uncountable, singular] the sound of somebody hitting something with a hammer or with their fists the sound of Hammering from the next room They were interrupted by a Hammering at the door.
Hitting, Hammer, Hammering
21. The action of striking with a hammer The noise of Hammering was dulled by the secondary glazing.
22. By Hammering the tight area, you tension it the same as the loose area and the bump goes down
23. Hammering: The rapid and concentrated sale of a stock thought to be overvalued by the market
24. Archery Bow Hunting Keep Hammering Funny Hunter Archer Gift T-Shirt
Hunting, Hammering, Hunter
25. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Hammering ham‧mer‧ing / ˈhæmərɪŋ / noun [singular, uncountable] 1 → take a Hammering/be given a Hammering 2 HIT the sound of someone hitting something with a hammer or with their hands There was a loud Hammering at the door.
Hammering, Ham, Hit, Hitting, Hammer, Hands
26. Hammering refers to the automated processes of repeatedly trying to connect to different types of servers such as email, file transfer, etc., which are unavailable or busy with other tasks
27. Hammering usually tends to slow down the server operation, making it difficult for additional users to …
28. TOOLHOME Finger Protector for Hammering Nails,Avoid Hitting the Fingers Use Hammer More Safely Portable Safety Tools for Hanging Pictures and Plant Suitable for Over 1.4 Inch Nails and Screws
Hammering, Hitting, Hammer, Hanging
29. Definition of Hammering in the Definitions.net dictionary
30. What does Hammering mean? Information and translations of Hammering in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
31. Download Hammering sounds 8,373 stock sound clips starting at $2
32. Download and buy high quality Hammering sound effects
33. Hammering consumes bandwidth, slowing down the server
34. Synonyms for Hammering include defeat, trouncing, beating, thrashing, hiding, slaughter, rout, pasting, drubbing and licking
35. Water faucet Hammering and makes noise when running water
36. A noisy water faucet can mean a part in the water … Fix Noisy Faucet – Water Hammering Troubleshooting Read More »
37. Hammering Man is a series of monumental kinetic sculptures by Jonathan Borofsky.The two-dimensional painted steel sculptures were designed at different scales (from approximately 12 feet to 49 feet high), were painted black, and depict a man with a motorized arm and hammer movement to symbolize workers throughout the world
Hammering, High, Hammer
38. I heard Hammering coming from the basement, so I went down to investigate
39. Hammering n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
40. (repeated banging sound) martellamento nm sostantivo maschile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che assume genere maschile: medico, gatto, strumento, assegno, dolore : The sound of Hammering …
41. Cameron Hanes Hats, Keep Hammering Gear Keep Hammering Red White & Blue Snapback $ 35.95
Hanes, Hats, Hammering
42. Cameron Hanes T-Shirts, Keep Hammering Gear Keep Hammering T-Shirt $ 34.95 – $ 39.95
43. Keep Hammering Gear, Women's Cameron Hanes T-Shirts Women’s V-Neck Keep Hammering T-Shirt
44. How to stop the Hammering sounds in your water line
45. (People) In operation, the castings are hammered by a pneumatically actuated Hammering system, then vibrated by synchronized eccentric masses to …
46. Today on 'The View' Meghan McCain praised AOC for "absolutely Hammering Biden" on immigration when many Democrats have stepped up to defend …
47. A Hammering kit safe enough for beginners! Kids use plastic hammers to pound 36 plastic “nails” into the durable foam board, then pry them out
48. Record-High Lumber Prices are Hammering Housing Affordability Filed in Advocacy , Housing Affordability , Material Costs by NAHB Now on February 12, 2021 • 33 Comments Soaring lumber prices are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of a new home, pricing out millions of potential home buyers and impeding the residential construction sector
High, Hammering, Housing, Home
49. MULA Toy Hammering block, multicolor
Hammering refers to the automated processes of repeatedly trying to connect to different types of servers such as email, file transfer, etc., which are unavailable or busy with other tasks. Hammering usually tends to slow down the server operation, making it difficult for additional users to establish a new connection successfully.
hammer(noun) a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle; used to deliver an impulsive force by striking. Synonyms: cock, hammering, power hammer, pound, mallet, malleus, pounding.
Like others are saying Hammer as a slang/colloquial word has many different acceptable uses, but generally refers to or describes something that is abnormally good, bad, or unexpected.