1. A “Haint” is a type of ghost or evil spirit that originated in the beliefs and customs of the Gullah Geechee people, descendants of African slaves who live predominantly in the Low Country and on the barrier islands off the coast of the Carolinas, Georgia, and north …
2. The Lambels have been gradually finishing and improving the porch ever since, adding gutters the first summer and then recently painting its ceiling "Haint blue."But everything else is white.
3. I tried to kill her with kindness, but that Haint is just full up with meanness.
4. Haint is an old southern word for a specific type of ghost or evil spirit from the Carolina coast, but found in tales from various regions of the south
5. Belief in Haints probably originated with the Gulla Geechee people, descendants of African slaves in the Carolina low country and barrier islands.
6. What does Haint mean? (US) Ghost
7. (noun) Words near Haint in the Dictionary
8. Photograph of a Haint blue porch ceiling on an old church near Charleston; photos of Haint blue on the porch of a southern house; photos of Haint blue paint on the porch of historic Oaklands House in Tennessee; picture of a Haint blue porch; picture of Haint blue porch near Charleston; Pre-1830s ghost stories from Cambria; pre-victorian ghost
Haint, House, Historic
9. The word “Haint” is a corruption of the word “haunt”- the Southern term for ghost
10. Haints are commonly thought of as the spirits of the dead who are angry and easily agitated in their ghostly state
11. Haint blue was supposed to protect people from bad spirits.
12. According to one version of the tradition, the Gullah Geechee people believed that the Haints would confuse the color with the sky and would pass right through the porch ceiling, without pausing to disturb the home or its residents.
13. The folklore piece refers to the concept of "Haint," a Southern variation on the word "haunt" that refers to a ghost or spirit
14. Haint.Blue - Forgotten folklore - Curious customs - Strange science - Natural anomalies - Outsider art - Haunted happenings
Haint, Haunted, Happenings
15. The largest group of slaves, West Africans known as the Gullah people, called spirits of the dead “Haints.” But they figured blue could protect them from those evil spirits.
16. Haint blue in general can be tricky because it will depend on several factors, like the natural light on your porch, the other colors present, and the amount of greenery surrounding your house
17. The word Haint is an alternative spelling of haunt, which was historically used in African-American vernacular to refer to a ghost or, in the Hoodoo belief, a witch-like creature seeking to chase victims to their death by exhaustion.
Haint, Haunt, Historically, Hoodoo
18. A Haint is a restless ghost who has not left the world, but has remained behind to haunt the living with trickery that is often harmless, but sometimes more sinister in nature
Haint, Has, Haunt, Harmless
19. The lore of the Haints in the U.S
20. How to say Haint in English? Pronunciation of Haint with 2 audio pronunciations, 2 meanings, 2 translations and more for Haint.
21. Haint is an alternative spelling of haunt, historically used to refer to spirits, ghosts or witch-like creatures
Haint, Haunt, Historically
22. One theory is that the Haint blue color represents water that spirits cannot pass
23. The Headless Haint Some time ago, a man and his wife were walking along a big road on a cold and rainy night
Headless, Haint, His
24. A Haint is an evil spirit from African American folklore
25. 1 Tristan Strong Trilogy 1.1 Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky 2 Known Haints 3 Trivia After opening a rift from his world to Alke, Tristan Strong encounters Uncle C, a Haint he unknowingly freed when inadvertently opening the rift
Hole, Haints, His, Haint, He
26. Haint Blue Dixie Belle Paint, Furniture Paint, Cabinet Paint, Stencil Paint, Textile Paint CanterburyCreative
27. Synonyms for Haint in Free Thesaurus
28. To The Uninformed: A "Haint" is a ghost or gobblin.An 18-Year Bear Hunt "My name Haint Bobby Ke-whack, nur nothin '," answered Bobby.
29. Yeah Buckstopper, that was the original definition I heard for "Haint" as well.An 18-Year Bear Hunt
Heard, Haint, Hunt
30. This “Haint blue,” first derived from the dye produced on Lowcountry indigo plantations, was originally used by enslaved Africans, and later by the Gullah Geechee, to combat “Haints” and
31. According to Appalachian historian Dave Tabler, the word Haint can refer to an angry dead spirit, but also to “an undefinable something that scares the bejeevers out of you.”
32. Like Millennial pink, Haint blue isn’t a specific color so much as a collection of colors—what makes the color Haint blue isn’t the color itself, but rather how it is used
33. Robin’s egg blue on a porch ceiling is Haint blue, but Robin’s egg blue in a bedroom is just that—light blue.
34. Haint "A collection of shades of blue , stemming from a southern tradition to keep evil spirits at bay." Nestled in the heart of Sandy Springs, Haint Blu salon is the newest addition to …
35. There Haint nothin to do, Jim, against Moran and all his money
36. There Haint no need for a verse of poetry and clasped hands
37. So Fars bein your friendwhy, I Haint makin no sich agreements
38. They Haint finished as they ought to be, and I would not wear 'em
39. Down-N-Dirty also makes calls and their Haint gobble call promises to change the way we
40. Haint Blu is a gorgeous, newly opened hair salon located on Roswell Road that is one stop shopping for all of your hair needs
41. Haint is a book of choices, and witnessing
42. Haint pronunciation - How to properly say Haint
43. Haint T Pleasure Pod drops every full moon & extras each week
44. Haint blue is both a spiritual and cultural based color originating in the southern United States
45. Because it was created by hand, Haint blue is actually a range of bluish-tone colors
46. Haint blue paint on beadboard ceiling
47. How unique is the name Haint? Out of 6,028,151 records in the U.S
48. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Haint was not present
49. Haint BLUE: The Rockford Haunting is the journey of a family through the grips of a paranormal entity
50. Haint blue, a Gullah Geechee tradition found in the South Carolina and Georgia Lowcountry, protects the home from malevolent spirits.
51. Haint Blue is a mesmerizing and fascinating color — a color seen on doors, shutters, entire buildings and most commonly on porch ceilings all over the world
52. After learning this color and its mystic qualities were so far-reaching, I decided to explore in depth the legend of Haint Blue.
53. Haint Blue is a mesmerizing and fascinating color — a color seen on doors, shutters, entire buildings and most commonly on porch ceilings all over the world
54. After learning this color and its mystic qualities were so far-reaching, I decided to explore in depth the legend of Haint Blue
55. "Some secrets refuse to stay buried." Justin Asher's new work, Haint passionately explores trying to let go of the past even when those ghosts won't let you go
56. 2-color woven patch featuring Timothy's owl-witch Haint design
57. Includes a download of the Haint single
58. Includes unlimited streaming of Haint via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
59. Haint Blu Salon Atl is at Haint Blu Salon Atl
The word haint is an alternative spelling of haunt, which was historically used in African-American vernacular to refer to a ghost or, in the Hoodoo belief, a witch-like creature seeking to chase victims to their death by exhaustion. Originally, haint blue was thought by the Gullah to ward haints, or ghosts, away from the home.
As nouns the difference between haint and ghost. is that haint is (us) ghost while ghost is (rare) the spirit; the soul of man.
Hain't originally derived from han't, and meant has not and have not. In certain h-adding modern dialects, hain't is synonymous with, and a replacement for, ain't in all its uses.