1. Galero definition is - the flat-crowned wide-brimmed tasseled red hat formerly worn by Roman Catholic cardinals —called also cardinal's hat.
2. Definition of Galero in the Definitions.net dictionary
3. What does Galero mean? Information and translations of Galero in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
4. In 1245, at the First Council of Lyon, when Pope Innocent IV decided to distinguish the cardinals in procession from those of lower rank, the wide-brimmed Galero—or red cardinal’s hat—became a symbol of elevation to the College of Cardinals
5. Galero, in the Roman Catholic Church, is a large, broad-brimmed tasseled hat worn by clergy.Over the centuries it was eventually limited in use to individual cardinals as a crown symbolizing the title of Prince of the Church.When creating a cardinal, the Pope would crown the candidate with a scarlet Galero …
6. Maybe the Galero was reinstated in a papal decree I have missed somewhere
7. Galero performs ceremonies with the Airmen when time permits
8. "I've worked for Galero for three months and have come to know him as a very hands-on leader," said Staff Sgt
9. The Galero is my favorite hat - rich with symbolism and meaning
10. Since I was a boy every time I go to a big city I look for the hanging Galero in the local cathedral (i.e
11. C, arabian, 1965 Galero* gr 15.1 1965 arabian
12. A Galero (plural: galeri; from Latin: galerum) is a broad-brimmed hat with tasselated strings which was worn by clergy in the Catholic Church
Galero, Galeri, Galerum
13. Over the centuries, the red Galero was restricted to use by individual cardinals while such other colors as green and violet were reserved to …
14. Galero vert with six tassels per side, used by bishops in place of a helmet (and single-barred cross) Galero sable with one tassel per side (and blank shield), used by armigerous priests in place of a helmet In the same way, clerics of the Anglican Communion entitled to a coat of arms use a similar black hat in place of a helmet.
15. Galero Last updated August 29, 2019 A cardinal's hat worn by St Jerome as depicted circa 1625 by Rubens
16. A Galero (plural: galeri; from Latin: galerum) is a broad-brimmed hat with tasselated strings worn by clergy in the Catholic Church.Over the centuries, the red Galero was restricted to use by individual cardinals while such other colors as green and violet were reserved to clergy of …
Galero, Galeri, Galerum, Green
17. Delivery & Pickup Options - 45 reviews of Galero Grill "This eatery is attached to the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, the monolithic archdioces on Temple Street
18. Last name: Galero SDB Popularity ranking: 42269 This very interesting surname is an example of that sizeable group of late medieval European surnames that were gradually created from the habitual use of nicknames
Galero, Group, Gradually
19. I am Vicky Madrigalejos Soria Galero from the Philippines and this time I am here in UAE
20. Galero (1 Result) Gifts under $30 Shop this gift guide Ready to ship Shop this gift guide Gift Guides Shop this gift guide Price ($) Any price Under $25 $25 to $50 $50 to $100 Over $100 Custom
Galero, Gifts, Gift, Guide, Guides
21. Мебелен салон Galero - стилни и качествени мебели и аксесоари за дома, цялостни идеи за обзавеждане и интериорни решения
22. Galero is a perfect place to visit for a variety of reasons
23. The Galero is traditionally received upon elevation to the College of Cardinals
24. Although the actual Galero is no longer bestowed during the consistory in which cardinals are created (the cardinals receive a red biretta), the red Galero, with its 15 tassels on either side, is added to the new cardinal's coat of arms.
25. Galero’s pedigree is a blend of the two most prominent sirelines in Spain, representing both Seanderich and Ursus in almost equal balance
26. Geomancy Galero +3 Description: DEF:117 HP+64 MP+79 STR+26 DEX+26 VIT+26 AGI+26 INT+36 MND+36 CHR+31 Magic Accuracy+47 Evasion+56 Magic Evasion+95 "Magic Def
27. Bagua Galero +1: See the Reforged Relic Armor +1 page for more details
28. Il Galero, an authentic villa typical of the Veneto region is just a few steps away from the center of Asolo, in a panoramic position below the town’s fortress
29. Galero Masterofbbq Sunglar DungeonMasterLoki Violeta israbatine PowerGirl YOMorales zombieslayer31 DM_Mike Oddesyn DND787 itaigreif Galero Galero …
30. Mariscos Galero es una tienda online de marisco y pescado gallego dirigida a la venta a consumidor final
31. Villa Il Galero is a Historical Residence built in 1696 by Cardinal Rubini, the grandson of Alessandro VIII
32. Galero Grill is Patina Group's "no frills" eatery
Galero, Grill, Group
33. A Galero is the wide-brimmed red hat with tassels once given to cardinals by the pope at their consistory
34. Since the 1970s, however, new cardinals have been presented with a small three-cornered cap called a biretta and Galeros are mostly seen …
35. Villa il Galero offers 4 air-conditioned accommodations, which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature private pools and safes
36. Grupo Galero, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
Definition of galero. : the flat-crowned wide-brimmed tasseled red hat formerly worn by Roman Catholic cardinals. — called also cardinal's hat.
Definition of galera. 1 capitalized : a genus of the family Viverridae comprising the tayra. 2 plural -s : tayra.
Over the centuries, the red galero was restricted to use by individual cardinals while such other colors as green and violet were reserved to clergy of other ranks and styles . When creating a cardinal, the pope used to place a scarlet galero on the new cardinal's head in consistory, the practice giving rise to the phrase "receiving the red hat."
For example, following the death of Cardinal Basil Hume, Archbishop of Westminster (UK), in 1999, his relatives had a galero installed above his tomb in Westminster Cathedral, alongside those of his predecessors. The privilege of wearing the red galero was first granted to cardinals by Pope Innocent IV in 1245 at the First Council of Lyon.