1. Futile definition is - serving no useful purpose : completely ineffective
2. How to use Futile in a sentence
3. Futile definition, incapable of producing any result; ineffective; useless; not successful: Attempting to force-feed the sick horse was Futile
Futile, Force, Feed
4. Futile synonyms, Futile pronunciation, Futile translation, English dictionary definition of Futile
5. Ineffectual; useless; incapable of producing any result; not successful: Trying to get the horse to drink water was Futile.
6. 32 synonyms of Futile from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 37 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. When something fails to deliver a useful result, you can call it Futile
8. Hopefully all the time you're spending studying vocabulary won't turn out to be Futile!
9. Find 53 ways to say Futile, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Find, Futile, Free
10. What does Futile mean? Having no useful result; ineffectual
11. (adjective) A Futile attempt to renegotiate the contract.
12. Above are the results of unscrambling Futile
13. We found a total of 49 words by unscrambling the letters in Futile.
14. Futile 'Futile' is a 6 letter word starting with F and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Futile' Clue Answer; Unsuccessful or pointless (6) Futile: Not effective (6) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Futile We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Futile will help you to finish your crossword today
Futile, For, Following, Finish
15. The man’s Futile attempt to escape his kidnappers ended when he fell down the stairs and broke his leg
16. 🔊 After trying numerous diets, the obese woman believed it was Futile for her to attempt and lose weight
17. 🔊 Picketing the store is a Futile ploy that will not cause the company to lower its prices
18. Futile (adj.) "incapable of producing result," 1550s, from French Futile or directly from Latin futilis, futtilis "vain, worthless, Futile," a figurative use, literally "pouring out easily, easily emptied" (the Latin adjective used as a noun meant "a water vessel broad above and pointed below"), hence "leaky, unreliable," from fundere "to pour, melt," from nasalized form of PIE root *gheu-"to
Futile, From, French, Futilis, Futtilis, Figurative, Fundere, Form
19. Futile - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
20. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Futile adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (unproductive) inútil adj mf adjetivo de una sola terminación: Adjetivos de una sola terminación en singular ("amable", "constante") pero que sí varían en
21. The adverb for Futile is Futilely
For, Futile, Futilely
22. “Futile treatment: Treatment evaluated by the healthcare team, family, or both, as being nonbeneficial or harmful to a dying patient.” 2 “Futility means any treatment that, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, is seen to be without benefit to the patient, as when the treatment at issue is seen as ineffective with regard to a
Futile, Family, Futility
23. Telling a homeless person to get a job is a Futile suggestion akin to telling a drowning person to get a life jacket
24. How to say Futile in English? Pronunciation of Futile with 1 audio pronunciation, 28 synonyms, 6 meanings, 14 translations, 3 sentences and more for Futile.
25. We found 17 answers for “Futile”
Found, For, Futile
26. This page shows answers to the clue Futile, followed by 3 definitions like “Talkative; loquacious”, “Trifling; frivolous” and “Incapable of producing any result”.A synonym for Futile is meaningless.
Futile, Followed, Frivolous, For
27. Top Reviews of The Futile Bakery 5.0 stars - Based on 2 reviews
28. Futile definition: If you say that something is Futile , you mean there is no point in doing it, usually Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
29. Futile: 6:06: 4: Porcupine Tree – Drown With Me: 5:24: 5: Porcupine Tree – Interview With Steven Wilson: 11:14: 6: Porcupine Tree – Hatesong (Live) 8:40: 7: Porcupine Tree – Blackest Eyes (Live At XM Radio) 4:26: 8: Opeth – Death Whispered A Lullaby (From The Opeth Album Damnation) 5:49: 9: Steven Wilson – Generic Station ID: 0:09
30. Nouns for Futile include Futileness, futilitarian, futilitarianism, futilitarians, futilities and futility
For, Futile, Futileness, Futilitarian, Futilitarianism, Futilitarians, Futilities, Futility
31. Examples from the Corpus Futile • All efforts to save the child proved Futile
32. • Until attitudes at work are changed, attempts to improve performance are likely to prove Futile
33. • But a sense of apathy arises from the feeling that life is pointless and Futile
From, Feeling, Futile
34. • It was all so sad, so depressing, so Futile…
35. The AMA has identiﬁed as Futile ‘‘interventions that, in [the physician's] best medical judgment, cannot reasonably be expected to yield the intended clinical beneﬁt or achieve agreed-on goals for care’’ (4)
36. We believe this deﬁnition for Futile care can be applied to the treatment of infertility
37. My efforts to go back to sleep proved Futile
38. The president described these activities as Futile
39. Their efforts to revive him were Futile
40. Anyways, "Futile" has some of the most interesting and memorable tracks I have heard recently by this band
41. I'm a newcomer to the Pureblood Pretense, the Serpentine Subterfuge, the Ambiguous Artifice, and the Futile Facade, and I have found these fics to be absolutely-can't-put-down-can't-rejoin-the-world-until-I've-finished-and-reread-them-several-times type of …
Futile, Facade, Found, Fics, Finished
42. Futile Care for Patients Who Are Not Being Harmed Cases involving burden to incompetent patients are really not the essence of the Futile care debate, however
43. The real issue is Futile care for patients who are not being harmed
44. This is true Futile care (i.e., care that produces neither benefits nor burdens for a …
45. Synonyms for Futile in Free Thesaurus
For, Futile, Free
46. 43 synonyms for Futile: useless, vain, unsuccessful, pointless, empty, hollow, in vain, worthless, barren
47. What Is 'Futile Care'? There is no generally accepted medical definition of Futile care. If one considers that the goal of medical care is to achieve a benefit above a certain minimal threshold, then Futile care could be defined as care that fails to achieve that benefit.
48. Chords to 'It's all Futile It's all pointless' by Wilbur Soot based on soundcloud.com/wilbur-soot/its-all-Futile-its-all-pointless
49. She made one last Futile effort to unlock the door
50. She wrapped her arms around her in a Futile attempt to keep warm
51. An utterly Futile struggle for justice; It was a Futile …
52. Futile may connote completeness of failure or unwisdom of undertaking
53. Resistance had proved so Futile that surrender was the only choice left vain usually implies simple failure to achieve a desired result
54. Futile is a crossword puzzle clue
55. Futile is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
56. Website: http://Futilemusic.com
57. Delivery & Pickup Options - 16 reviews of The Futile Bakery "I have ordered from the Futile Baker several times and have always been totally happy
58. Is an intervention more likely to be Futile if a patient is elderly? Futility has no necessary correlation with a patient’s age
59. What determines whether a treatment is Futile is whether or not the treatment benefits the patient
60. I've been working with Futile for a couple of years now but have only recently come to the point in development where I can effectively monitor fluctuating ram usage across varying sequences in-game
Futile, For, Fluctuating
61. Futile medical care is the continued provision of medical care or treatment to a patient when there is no reasonable hope of a cure or benefit.
62. Futile care discontinuation is distinct from euthanasia because euthanasia involves active intervention
63. CKB is therefore a key effector of the Futile creatine cycle
64. Upon induction by thermogenic stimuli, creatine kinase B traffics to mitochondria to trigger the Futile creatine cycle in thermogenic fat.
65. Futile Devices Lyrics: It's been a long, long time / Since I've memorized your face / It's been four hours now / Since I've wandered through your place / And when I sleep on your couch / I feel
Futile, Face, Four, Feel
FUTILE [ˈfyo͞odl, ˈfyo͞odīl]
Futile (verb) of no importance; answering no useful end; useless; vain; worthless. Etymology: [L. futilis that easily pours out, that easily lets loose, vain, worthless, from the root of fundere to pour out: cf. F. futile. See Fuse, v. t.]
noun, plural fu·til·i·ties for 2, 3. the quality of being futile; ineffectiveness; uselessness. a trifle or frivolity: the large collection of futilities that clutter our minds. a futile act or event.
resistance: the refusal to accept or comply with something. futile: incapable of producing any useful result; pointless. So "resistance is futile" means that refusing to accept what is happening is pointless, and you should just give up.
Definition of exercise in futility. : an activity that is not successful or worthwhile. The negotiations turned out to be an exercise in futility.