1. Frets.COM Acoustic guitar instrument care, repair for players, luthiers
2. Join the new online community: Frets.NET
3. Frets.COM is sponsored in part by: Frank Ford, Gryphon Stringed Instruments
Frets, Frank, Ford
4. Frets divide a fretboard into easy to see semitone intervals that tell us where the notes are
5. Frets are strips of metal—generally, an alloy of nickel and brass—embedded along a guitar's fretboard, which makes up most of the guitar's neck
6. Frets are cut from fret wire, which is manufactured in lengthy rolls and is usually made of nickel silver, an alloy that doesn’t actually contain any silver. Anatomically, Frets consist of a rounded “crown” (or “bead”) atop a thinner “tang” with barbs on either side as seen in cross-section.
Frets, From, Fret
7. The Crossword Solver found 87 answers to the Frets crossword clue
8. The Violin and Viola Fretters have 24 "RAISED" Frets
9. The Cello Fretter has 12 "RAISED" Frets enabling the player to achieve perfect intonation and play in TUNE.
10. Frets - Guitar Stores - 43 High St, Westerly, RI - Phone Number.
11. If the “Email Me” link above is not working for you, please open your email program and copy and paste: Fretsonthenet AT msn
12. 41 synonyms of Frets from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 68 related words, definitions, and antonyms
13. Frets: a state of nervous or irritated concern.
14. Sometimes simply replacing several Frets, rather than all of them, gets the job done
15. This is usually preferable for a neck that only has wear on the first six or seven Frets and has a level fretboard
For, First, Frets, Fretboard
16. If the fretboard is in good condition and the rest of the Frets are …
17. I have 6 guitars with SS Frets ( 2 EVH Wolfgangs, 2 Ernie Ball Stingrays, Ibanez AZ Prestige and Premium) …RE string life…IMO the rougher the fret’s finish, the shorter your string life will be coz not all SS Frets are created the same, My Wolfgangs have the smoothest finish and strings would last just about as long ( or longer) as any nickels that I have.
Frets, Fret, Finish
18. Original Fender factory Frets on my 2009 AM STD Strat lasted way longer
Fender, Factory, Frets
19. Not sure if Fender gets their Frets from Dunlop, but this size matches the 6155 which is rated as a “soft” fret
Fender, Frets, From, Fret
20. Good, old-fashioned brass was—and still is—used for Frets
Fashioned, For, Frets
21. Many vintage instruments will come with brass Frets and, even today makers like Warwick sometimes use brass Frets in their instruments
22. Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc and, as you’d expect, these Frets …
23. Smooth the Frets with sandpaper
24. Once all the Frets are crowned, use progressively finer-grit sandpaper to sand down the Frets and remove any scratches or nicks that occurred when you were leveling and crowning them
25. Start with 320-grit sandpaper, and sand the Frets gently
26. ‘In winter, sea Frets spread like smoke across the bare soil, the few trees drip with damp, and the occasional farmworker on a bike is the only movement in the ancient, narrow lanes.’ ‘The sun had now more-or-less burned away the remains of the sea fret, and it was a very pleasant, not uncomfortably warm afternoon.’
Frets, Few, Farmworker, Fret
27. Dirtier Frets might need two passes over
28. Continue the procedure on all remaining guitar Frets
29. Depending on your guitar, you might have 22 or 24 Frets …
30. From local to regional and national names, Frets gets them all
31. The Frets on a guitar are the metal strips that are positioned along the fretboard (the arm of the guitar)
32. From there, you continue counting the Frets from the first fret to through to the remaining number of guitar Frets
From, Frets, First, Fret
33. These ‘Frets’ make it easier for performers to know where to place their fingers when they want to produce certain notes or chords
Frets, For, Fingers
34. Certainly, for people beginning to learn the guitar or bass guitar, they seem to find the positioning and presence of Frets to their advantage.When a greater technical fluency is achieved then I imagine the need for Frets becomes less important.
For, Find, Frets, Fluency
35. This item: Fender Standard Guitar Frets $10.98
36. These generally wear slower than skinny Frets.
37. In general low Frets are considered better for chords and rythm playing, while tall Frets make string bends and lead techniques easier
38. He Frets that Wal-Mart's promise to cap the premium for organic foods at 10 percent above the price of conventional foods "virtually guarantees that Wal-Mart's version of cheap, industrialized organic food will not be sustainable in any meaningful sense of the word." Wal-Mart, he worries, will drive down prices and standards worldwide.
Frets, For, Foods, Food
39. Frets on Fire is a basic but fun music game that's similar to Guitar Hero
Frets, Fire, Fun
40. “Multiscale/Fanned Frets have better intonation” There is a lot of misunderstanding on this one
41. It's kind of hard to search guitars with steel Frets, since that's not really a filter option on store sites
42. The fact that the Frets are flat on top isn''t good either
Fact, Frets, Flat
43. Assuming the Frets are .050" - .100" wide, having them flat on top could alter the string length by .025" - .050", which is enough to throw off your intonation.
44. Download Frets on Fire for free
Frets, Fire, For, Free
45. Frets on Fire is a game of musical skill and fast fingers
Frets, Fire, Fast, Fingers
46. Frets on Fire (FoF) is a free, open-source music video game created by Finnish independent video game developer Unreal Voodoo.Players use the keyboard to play along with markers which appear on screen, with the aim to score points, achieve a high point multiplier, and complete a song
Frets, Fire, Fof, Free, Finnish
47. Frets on Fire was the winner of the Assembly 2006 game development competition.
48. This is the fastest and easiest way that I've come up with for crowning and polishing your Frets (aka dressing your Frets)
Fastest, For, Frets
49. Synonyms for Frets in Free Thesaurus
For, Frets, Free
50. Biden administration Frets J&J may miss vaccine goal
A fret is a raised element on the neck of a stringed instrument. Frets usually extend across the full width of the neck. On most modern western fretted instruments, frets are metal strips inserted into the fingerboard. On some historical instruments and non-European instruments, frets are made of pieces of string tied around the neck. Frets divide the neck into fixed segments at intervals related to a musical framework. On instruments such as guitars, each fret represents one semitone in the sta
Fret definition, to feel or express worry, annoyance, discontent, or the like: Fretting about the lost ring isn't going to help. See more.
noun (2) Definition of fret (Entry 4 of 6) 1 : an ornamental network especially : a medieval metallic or jeweled net for a woman's headdress. 2 : an ornament or ornamental work often in relief consisting of small straight bars intersecting one another in right or oblique angles.
Fret Not Thyself. To fret means to chafe, be irritated, be uneasy, be troubled and bothered. It is just the opposite of peaceful, trustful rest. Jesus has promised us rest to our souls, and we may have this rest. We cannot have it, however, if we give place to worrying and fretting.