1. Examples of Foppish in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Eventually, Foppish men hawking ideas rather than wares would lay the same claim to the American individualist spirit: the adman as …
2. A man who is constantly checking out his outfit in the mirror might be Foppish, or someone who loves dressing up in fancy clothes.
3. / ˈfɑː.pɪʃ / (of a man) extremely interested in your appearance and wearing decorative clothes: He likes Foppish linen suits
4. He was rather Foppish in his behaviour.
5. Adjective If you describe someone as Foppish, you disapprove of the fact that they dress in beautiful, expensive clothes and are very proud of their appearance.
6. The Foppish Physician is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Medic
7. Foppish dandy Foppish Dandies are gentlemen of wit and learning, who are known to jape and jest at the expense of others
8. Foppish Dandies tip their caps at jaunty, rakish or even saucy angles.
9. Foppish - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
10. He was fair and Foppish, very stout, and as heavy in mind as in body
11. Catherine II, Empress of Russia He was only thirty feet behind Peter Niburg when that Foppish gentleman reached the corner.
12. See authoritative translations of Foppish in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
13. Foppish (comparative more Foppish, superlative most Foppish) Like a fop, a man overly concerned with his appearance; vain and showy.
14. "Foppish"name of a store Where you can find your dream pairs of shoes
15. Improve your style game with Foppish
16. ‘a Foppish dandy’ ‘He is Foppish and vain (he writes a very flattering line in autobiographies) - but also dashed fanciable.’ ‘They weren't the pot-bellied kind, more the underwear-model kind; tanned, perspiring, incongruously Foppish hair, stubbled, one of them hanging off the end of a smoke, in dark blue cargo pants, boots, tool belts and nothing else.’
Foppish, Flattering, Fanciable
17. Jos Vantyler saunters along as Austin's Foppish son Leo, an amateur poet with weak lungs and an air of Oscar Wilde
18. THEATRE The Game/ Liverpool Playhouse Since then he has become established as a comic character actor, specialising in the role of the Foppish, awkward but charming English gent in films like Notting Hill and Mickey Blue Eyes.
19. Foppish Pierre is a subordinate of Rolo the Stout.He is found in Taverley, just west of the watermill.
20. Around the harbour wall, Foppish types in flannels and boaters sat with their lady companions on picnic rugs, applauding gently
21. Her Foppish companion, along for the ride, seems both amused and distant in sunglasses, scarf and blazer, chin resting on his hand
22. I don't think he's going to be as eccentric and as Foppish as some of his incarnations.
23. Synonyms for Foppish include dandyish, dapper, natty, preening, vain, dandified, dressy, spruce, posturing and dandy
24. Dictionary entry overview: What does Foppish mean? • Foppish (adjective) The adjective Foppish has 1 sense:
25. Affecting extreme elegance in dress and manner Familiarity information: Foppish used as an adjective is very rare.
26. The word Foppish has appeared in 14 New York Times articles in the past year, including on Aug
27. His whole dress and air was not what could properly be called Foppish, it was rather what at that time was called "rakish."
28. Definition of Foppish adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
29. Definition of Foppish in the Definitions.net dictionary
30. What does Foppish mean? Information and translations of Foppish in the most comprehensive …
31. ‘a Foppish dandy’ ‘He is Foppish and vain (he writes a very flattering line in autobiographies) - but also dashed fanciable.’ ‘They weren't the pot-bellied kind, more the underwear-model kind; tanned, perspiring, incongruously Foppish hair, stubbled, one of them hanging off the end of a smoke, in dark blue cargo pants, boots, tool belts and nothing else.’
Foppish, Flattering, Fanciable
32. As adjectives the difference between Foppish and dandy is that Foppish is like a fop, a man overly concerned with his appearance while dandy is like a dandy, Foppish
33. If you describe someone as Foppish, you disapprove of the fact that they dress in beautiful, expensive clothes and are very proud of their appearance
34. [mainly British, old-fashioned, disapproval] Synonyms: dandyish, vain, spruce, preening More Synonyms of Foppish COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
35. [Courtly] And I was Toby, the Foppish son of the Duke
36. [Raffiné] Et que j'étais Toby, le fils dandy du Duke.: Yes, that's Ursula's Foppish former fiance, Lyle Van de Groot,: Oui, c'est l'ancien fiancé dandy d'Ursula, Lyle Van de Groot.: He's just a Foppish dandy.: Ce n'est rien qu'un dandy précieux.: So, I give him my most Foppish stare and say "Life is too important to be taken seriously."
Fils, Foppish, Former, Fiance, Fianc
37. Foppish; Foppishness; for; for-for 24 hours; for a bargain price; for a song; for a while; for all intents and purposes; for all practical purposes; for all the world; For Angles of commutation; for any price; for anything; For aye; For because; For best; for certain; for dear life; for each one; for each person; for effect; for evermore; for
Foppish, Foppishness, For
38. We found 5 answers for “Foppish”
Found, For, Foppish
39. This page shows answers to the clue Foppish.Foppish may be defined as “Resembling or befitting a fop”, “Foplike; characteristic of a top in dress or manners” and “Like a man who pays too much attention to his clothesÂ ”
Foppish, Fop, Foplike
40. A synonym for Foppish is smart.
41. Looking for Foppish? Find out information about Foppish
For, Foppish, Find
42. Blakeney, Percy rescuer of Explanation of Foppish
43. What does Foppish mean? Of, relating to, or characteristic of a fop; dandified
44. Crossword Clue The crossword clue Foppish scarf with 5 letters was last seen on the June 21, 2020.We think the likely answer to this clue is ASCOT.Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank
45. Foppish synonyms, Foppish pronunciation, Foppish translation, English dictionary definition of Foppish
46. The Foppish Physician is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Medic
47. Foppish is an adjective according to parts of speech
48. There are also several similar words to Foppish in our dictionary, which are Dandified, Fashionable, Natty and Vain
49. Foppish is spelled as [fop-ish]
50. After English to Urdu translation of Foppish, If you have issues in pronunciation than you can hear the audio of it in the online dictionary.
51. Foppish - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
52. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Foppish adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (dandyish, affected) vanidoso/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
53. This is every voice line for Foppish
54. Definitions of Foppish from WordNet (); / Dictionary entries near Foppish
55. Foppish obchod otrov imagina guillotine waybread treacherous coastline Unique Values inzichtelijk Skew biznieta while old man junket developments koristereunus Halt die Klappe! black-flag kedve van vmihez cut sugarcane, sugarcane harvest kissing game raishinshi structural design pravo vlasništva, vlasništvo sekuestron automjetin praepositio
56. Foppish Dandy Disregards Local Constabulary 10/22/96 3:00PM Despite repeated appeals to his better judgment and several stern appraisals of disapproval, Mr
57. M____, of Nortfordshire Suffolk-Wain, a Foppish dandy of eccentric reputation, disregarded a number of local constabulary this Thursday last.
58. Search Foppish and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso
59. You can complete the definition of Foppish given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
60. 497 Followers, 409 Following, 1,385 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Wesley Lin (@Foppish_bum)
Followers, Following, From, Foppish
61. Foppish woozily toplantı peg down delude daidasha analysis of financial statements one man, by delaying, restored the state; for he preferred the public safety to idle report (i.e., sometimes victory comes through partial engagements with the enemy over time, rather than by one direct assault) (Ennius, said of Fabius’s battles against H
Foppish, Financial, For, Fabius
Definition of foppish 1 obsolete : foolish, silly 2 a : characteristic of a fop a foppish dressing gown b : behaving or dressing in the manner of a fop
If you describe a man as foppish, you disapprove of the fact that he dresses in beautiful, expensive clothes and is very proud of his appearance. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers Collins! Collins! These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Foppish definition, resembling or befitting a fop; excessively refined and fastidious in taste and manner. See more.
Recent Examples on the Web The gesture seems to carry both a foppish sophistication and a Prussian coldness. — Austin Grossman, The Atlantic, "Monocles Were Never Cool," 13 Oct. 2019 For instance, a manly man of 18th-century France would be considered fairly foppish today.