1. Consisting of or covered with woolly tufts or hairs Floccose growths of bacteria Word Origin for Floccose C18: from Latin floccōsus full of flocks of wool Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged …
Floccose, For, From, Flocc, Full, Flocks
2. Floccose definition is - having or covered with tufts of soft woolly hairs that are often deciduous —used especially of plants.
3. Floccose synonyms, Floccose pronunciation, Floccose translation, English dictionary definition of Floccose
4. Floccose (of plant structures) covered in small hairs giving a down-like appearance. Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed
5. Floccose: 1 adj (of plants) having tufts of soft woolly hairs Synonyms: haired , hairy , hirsute having or covered with hair
6. “Floccose” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
7. What does Floccose mean? Covered with tufts of soft hair, as the fruits of quince
8. The stem is slender, nearly equal, Floccose, bulbous at the base
9. It has a big, ragged, Floccose ring, and the pithy stem is inclined to be hollow
10. Name from, a lock of wool, in allusion to the Floccose down
11. Floccose, composed of or bearing tufts of woolly or long and soft hairs.
12. Definition of Floccose in the Definitions.net dictionary
13. What does Floccose mean? Information and translations of Floccose in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
14. Synonyms for Floccose include fleecy, shaggy, woolly, downy, fluffy, furry, soft, fuzzy, silky and bristly
For, Floccose, Fleecy, Fluffy, Furry, Fuzzy
15. Wikipedia does not currently have an article on Floccose, but our sister project Wiktionary does:
16. You can also: Search for Floccose in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.; Start the Floccose article, using the Article Wizard if you wish, or add a request for it; but please remember Wikipedia is not a …
17. Floccose is an adjective according to parts of speech. It finds its origins in Mid 18th century: from late Latin floccosus, from Latin floccus ‘flock’
Floccose, Finds, From, Floccosus, Floccus, Flock
18. There are also several similar words to Floccose in our dictionary, which are Fluffy, Hairy, Hirsute, Lanose, Shaggy, Soft, …
19. Floccose Having a loose, woolly, or cottony surface
20. Source for information on Floccose: A Dictionary of Ecology dictionary.
21. Floccose definition: consisting of or covered with woolly tufts or hairs Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
22. The cap surface is Floccose -verrucose (covered with tufts of hairs or warts) and yellowish.
23. Floccose - (of plants) having tufts of soft woolly hairs plant life , flora , plant - (botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion haired , hairy , hirsute - having or covered with hair; "Jacob was a hairy man"; "a hairy caterpillar"
24. Scape erect, 25 cm x 34 mm, densely white Floccose; scape bracts erect, laxly imbricate, slightly exceeding the internodes, elliptic, acute, entire, mucronulate, thin coriaceous, nerved, sparsely white Floccose, rose to red
25. Aechmea jungurudoensis, a new species from Darien, Panama aureoviride Floccose Watery irregular to arachnoid white T.
26. Dictionary entry overview: What does Floccose mean? • Floccose (adjective) The adjective Floccose has 1 sense:
27. (of plants) having tufts of soft woolly hairs Familiarity information: Floccose used as an adjective is very rare.
28. Floccose (of plant structures) covered in small hairs giving a down-like appearance
29. These Floccose scales are formed as a result of the separation of the annulus from the outer layer of the stem
Floccose, Formed, From
30. White Floccose scales on cap (var
31. Floccose Definizione: consisting of or covered with woolly tufts or hairs Significato, pronuncia, traduzioni ed esempi
32. Floccose How many syllables? 2 Syllables How it's divided? floc-cose
33. Hairy, shaggy, furry, pilous, Floccose, flocculate, hirsute pacemaker Federal Reserve Board business venture exorbitant interest, lending at exorbitant interest, lending of money at exorbitant interest rates convenir ձվաձեվ պատուհան align to shiver wreathe Japanese katydid …
Furry, Floccose, Flocculate, Federal
34. Cambridge Dictionary Labs からの文の中での “Floccose” の使い方の例
35. F10 strain colonies were 20-25 mm diameter with surface velutinous, to some extent Floccose in the center, margins arachnoid, plane, centrally raised; mycelium white, sporadically prominent in the centers; intense colonies with abundant sporulation, bluish grey; lacking exudates and produced dull reddish-brown or yellow soluble pigment (Fig.
36. Floccose (redirected from Floccosely) Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical
Floccose, From, Floccosely, Found
37. Floccose [′flä‚kōs] (botany) Covered with tufts of woollike hairs
38. There are always several meanings of each word in English, the correct meaning of Naram Or Lambay Balon Wala in English is Floccose, and in Urdu we write it نرَم اور لَمبے بالوں والا The word Floccose is an adjective
39. Floccose.com uses CloudFlare, Fastly, GitHub Pages, Google Font API, Varnish, Ruby on Rails web technologies
Floccose, Fastly, Font
40. Floccose.com links to network IP address 18.104.22.168
41. Floccose Tansy occurs on open, active sand dunes, primarily on dune crests, leeward slope ridges, moister hollows, advancing dune edges and the slacks between dunes
42. We've got 0 rhyming words for Floccose » What rhymes with Floccose? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Floccose.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
43. Floccose: woolly flocculate: to collect or mass together in tufts or masses floricide: killing or killer of flowers floricomous: crowned or topped with flowers floriferous: bearing flowers floriform: shaped like a flower florilegium: anthology of writings, especially of church …
Floccose, Flocculate, Floricide, Flowers, Floricomous, Floriferous, Floriform, Flower, Florilegium
44. Floccose is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e Floccose meaning, Floccose word synonyms, and its similar words
45. Floccose meaning in Urdu is روئی کے گالوں سے مرکب and Floccose word meaning in roman can write as roi ke galoon se murakkab.
46. Stems, Floccose to tomentose or glabrous, sometimes only or also sparsely to densely glandular
47. Involucres number (3-) 5-8 per cluster, are turbinate to campanulate, (1.5-) 2-5 (-5.5) mm by 2-4 (-4.5) mm, rigid or membranous, tomentose to Floccose, occasionally glabrous except for Floccose teeth, or rarely sparsely pilose and glandular,
48. We found 8 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Floccose chanterelle: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Floccose chanterelle" is defined
Found, Floccose, First
49. General (8 matching dictionaries) Floccose chanterelle: Vocabulary.com [home, info]
50. Corvina, but the pale gray to reddish brown Floccose squamules on the pileus make it a distinct species, which is also supported by the molecular data based on ribosomal RNA gene ITS sequence.
51. Colonies are moderately fast growing, olivaceous-grey, suede-like to Floccose and grow at temperatures up to 42-43C
52. Words created with Floccose, words starting with Floccose, words start Floccose
53. Pisceses are Floccose pleasures
Definition of floccose. : having or covered with tufts of soft woolly hairs that are often deciduous —used especially of plants.
Covered with tufts of soft hair, as the fruits of quince. [Late Latin floccōsus, from Latin floccus, tuft of wool .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.