1. A Fjord is a long, deep, narrow body of water that reaches far inland
2. Fjords are often set in a U-shaped valley with steep walls of rock on either side.
3. Fjords are found mainly in Norway, Chile, New Zealand, Canada, Greenland, and the U.S
4. SogneFjorden, a Fjord in Norway, is more than 160 kilometers (nearly 100 miles) long.
5. Fjord definition is - a narrow inlet of the sea between cliffs or steep slopes
6. How to use Fjord in a sentence.
7. Fjord definition, a long, narrow arm of the sea bordered by steep cliffs: usually formed by glacial erosion
8. The longest Fjord in the world is Scoresby Sund in Greenland (350 km), but the Western Norway region (Fjord Norway) boasts the next two spots on the list, with the SogneFjord (203 km), and the Hardanger Fjord (179 km)
9. What unfolds as you travel Fjord Norway, is a …
10. Across Fjord Trends 2021, the over-arching theme is mapping out the new territory
11. At Fjord, we believe there’s a lot more to being in the seafood business than just selling fish
12. Fjord Signature Large Cocktail Shrimp
13. “‘Fjord’ is a Norwegian word that has gone international
14. “The Fjords were created by massive glaciation that went below sea …
15. Bergen is known as “The Gateway to the Fjords”
16. From Strandkaiterminalen at Bergen Harbour, Bergen Bus Station and Bergen Railway Station there are numerous Fjord-cruises to choose between
17. Fjord Cruise on the HardangerFjord and explore Vøringsfossen
18. This tour from Go Fjords takes you to Hardanger, Norway`s orchard.
19. Fjord, long narrow arm of the sea, commonly extending far inland, that results from marine inundation of a glaciated valley
Fjord, Far, From
20. Many Fjords are astonishingly deep; Sogn Fjord in Norway is 1,308 m (4,290 feet) deep, and Canal Messier in Chile is 1,270 m (4,167 feet)
Fjords, Fjord, Feet
21. Since 1941, Hjellegjerde Fjords furniture has been using modern technology and functionality to design chairs that make your every day life easier
Fjords, Furniture, Functionality
22. With breakthroughs in movement and precision, Fjords furniture combines Scandinavian design with NASA science to create full-body support for relaxation and proper blood circulation.
Fjords, Furniture, Full, For
23. Fjord was impressed but also disturbed by how well Jester seemed to handle the trauma of being kidnapped by the Iron Shepherds
24. Fjord was a little inspired by Jester's resilience.
25. Fjord is a tight-knit community
26. We meet up once a year face to face at Fjord Equinox – a meetup to collaborate, ideate and celebrate.
27. DreamHorse.com Horses for Sale - Fjords
28. Sweet Teddy Bear Fjord/draft Cross (Tahoe) Dayton, Oregon 97114 USA 2000 Dun Fjord Gelding
29. Fjord je nastal, ko je najprej reka vrezala globoko strugo, nato je v času poledenitve celotno dolino napolnil ledenik, in jo nato s segregacijo ledu in abrazijo žive skale v okolici izdolbel v značilni obliki črke U
30. Fjord synonyms, Fjord pronunciation, Fjord translation, English dictionary definition of Fjord
31. The word "Fjord" is Norwegian in origin and can be loosely translated to mean "to travel across" or "to ferry." In geography, a Fjord refers a long, deep, narrow arm, or inlet of the sea or a lake drain which extends inland in the form of a deep valley, often with cliffs.
Fjord, Ferry, Form
32. Overview Other Appearances Gallery Fjord horses are a breed of horse available in Star Stable Online and Star Stable Horses
33. 1 Timeline 2 Description 3 Cold Tolerance 4 Unique Features 4.1 Hairstyles 5 Colors, Pricing, and Location 6 Star Stable Horses 7 Trivia "Few breeds are as recognizable and beloved as the intrepid Norwegian Fjord Horse
Features, Few, Fjord
34. A Fjord is a geologic feature caused by glaciation, with distinctive examples of Fjords being found in Norway, Greenland, Chile, parts of Alaska and Canada, the Arctic, and New Zealand
Fjord, Feature, Fjords, Found
35. A Fjord is caused by flooding of a glacial valley with sea water, and typically occurs on Western shores with highly durable rock which resists erosion by other
36. Fjord is a classic yacht builder in the boating world
37. YachtWorld currently has 74 Fjord yachts for sale, including 21 new vessels and 53 used yachts, listed by experienced dealerships mainly in the following countries: Spain, France, United States, Malta and Greece.
Fjord, For, Following, France
38. Fjords are commonly characterized by energetic tides and show a steep Fjord-head delta that is fed by sediment-laden rivers and streams that drain the diminished glacier that eroded the valley (e.g
Fjords, Fjord, Fed
39. A Fjord is formed when a glacier retreats, after carving its typical U-shaped valley, and the sea fills the resulting valley floor
Fjord, Formed, Fills, Floor
40. The terminal moraine pushed down the valley by the glacier is left underwater at the Fjord’s entrance, causing the
41. These species are the top predators in Fjord food webs, which also include numerous species of forage fishes and other prey
Fjord, Food, Forage, Fishes
42. As some Fjords do not flush regularly, pollution is the primary threat to Fjord ecosystems
Fjords, Flush, Fjord
43. Fjord Fjord, long, narrow bay formed by glacial erosion of river valleys during the ICE AGES and consisting of one or more basins separated by sills
44. Fjords occur on the coasts of British Columbia and eastern Canada, Alaska, Chile, New Zealand, Greenland and Norway.
45. Fjord Norway - You have to be here to believe it
46. The Fjords are the soul of Norway – and certainly a magnificent attraction
47. But when you come and visit, you will find that Fjord Norway has loads of other gems for you to explore.
Find, Fjord, For
48. The Fjord Horse is an extremely popular breed of Norwegian horses that developed in the hoary past
49. Fjords Atlantis Electric Power Recline Swing Relaxer Zero Gravity Recliner Norwegian Ergonomic Scandinavian Lounge Anti-Gravity Reclining Chair Furniture Premium Astro Line Anthracite Genuine Leather by Hjellegjerde + Inside the Home Delivery, Setup and Box Removal
50. NEW YORK; May 22, 2013 – Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has completed its acquisition of Fjord, a London-based global service design consultancy that specializes in creating wide-ranging digital experiences and services for consumers – including new ways to shop, better ways to communicate and collaborate, and innovative ways to manage their health – across platforms including smart devices
51. Fjord Horses for Sale 1-15 of 66 Results Advanced Search: Tahoe
52. Kind Pony Looking for a Home! Goose is a 5 year old Fjord he is starting to do 2"4 courses on
53. Norway’s longest Fjord, the SogneFjord, is located in the heart of Norwegian Fjord country and extends more than 200 km (120 miles) inland
54. The SogneFjord is often called "The King of Fjords" and extends 204 km (127 miles) inland, has a maximum depth of 1,308 meters and the mountains surrounding the Fjord tower to heights of 2,000 meters.
55. Fjord Management have helped us with several searches for finance in both London and Aberdeen
Fjord, For, Finance
56. Each time, Fjord have provided a bespoke service that goes above and beyond many other search agencies
57. Fjord take the time to really understand the role and cultural fit requirements, and then interview each candidate carefully.
58. Norwegian Fjord horses are relatively small, dun in color and come from Norway where they've been used as light draught farm horses for hundreds of years.
Fjord, From, Farm, For
59. Fjord Norway has everything from world-famous Fjords and picturesque islands to glaciers, waterfalls and some of Norway's most fascinating towns and cities.
Fjord, From, Famous, Fjords, Fascinating
60. Read writing from Fjord on Medium
61. Every day, Fjord and thousands of other voices read, write, and share important stories on Medium.
62. A Fjord is a long, narrow strip of sea that falls between tall cliffs
63. If you’re traveling in Norway you might be amazed by the rocky cliffs surrounding the deep water of a Fjord.
FJORD [fēˈôrd, fyôrd]
The word fjord comes from Old Norse (pronounced , , or in various dialects), where it can have a more general meaning: in many cases to refer to any long narrow body of water, inlet or channel (for example, see Oslofjord ).
A fjord is a deep , narrow and elongated sea or lakedrain , with steep land on three sides . The opening toward the sea is called the mouth of the fjord, and is often shallow. The fjord's inner part is called the sea bottom. If the geological formation is wider than it is long, it is not a fjord. Then it is a bay or cove.
Fjord is a hyponym of loch. As nouns the difference between fjord and loch is that fjord is a long, narrow, deep inlet between cliffs while loch is (scotland) a lake or loch can be ( looch ).
Fiord, an alternative spelling for fjord, is defined as an inlet or a narrow body of seawater with high cliffs on the sides. An example of a fiord is the Sognefjord of Norway.