1. Filial is descended from Latin filius, meaning "son," and filia, meaning "daughter," and in English (where it has been used since at least the 14th century) it has always applied to both sexes
Filial, From, Filius, Filia
2. The word has long carried the dutiful sense "owed to a parent by a child," as found in such phrases as "Filial respect" and "Filial …
3. Of, relating to, or befitting a son or daughter: Filial respect
4. Adjective of, relating to, or befitting a son or daughter: Filial obedience
5. Filial At the third, the quality of the parent-child relationship was added and Filial obligation removed
6. From the Cambridge English Corpus But attitudes and preferences to Filial responsibilities and caring …
7. If you describe something as Filial, you're saying it's offspring-related
8. Depending on who your parents are, your Filial duties might include taking out the trash, washing dishes, or ruling empires
9. The word Filial comes from the Latin words filius, which means "son," and filia, or "daughter." In other words, Filial …
Filial, From, Filius, Filia
10. The definition of Filial is something due to a parent from a child
11. An example of Filial is the respect a daughter has for her mother.
12. Filial (feminine singular Filiale, masculine plural filiaux, feminine plural Filiales) Characteristic of or befitting the relationship between a son or daughter and their parents.
Filial, Feminine, Filiale, Filiaux, Filiales
13. Filial /ˈfɪljəl/ adj of, resembling, or suitable to a son or daughter: Filial affection designating any of the generations following the parental generation; F1 indicates the first Filial generation, F2 the second, etc
Filial, Following, First
14. Adjective [ADJECTIVE noun] You can use Filial to describe the duties, feelings, or relationships which exist between a son or daughter and his or her parents.
15. See 5 authoritative translations of Filial in English with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
16. Definition of Filial in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Filial mean? Information and translations of Filial in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
18. Of, relating to, or befitting a son or daughter: Filial respect
19. In Confucian, Chinese Buddhist and Taoist ethics, Filial piety (Chinese: 孝, xiào) is a virtue of respect for one's parents, elders, and ancestors
20. The Confucian Classic of Filial Piety, thought to be written around the late Warring States - Qin - Han period, has historically been the authoritative source on the Confucian tenet of Filial piety.
21. Filial responsibility is defined as the following statement:" [laws that] impose a duty, usually upon adult children, for the support of their impoverished parents or other relatives." This law was enacted in various states after the Elizabethan Poor Law of 1601.
Filial, Following, For
22. Find 4 ways to say Filial, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Find, Filial, Free
23. Fi‧li‧al /ˈfɪliəl/ adjective formal relating to the relationship of a son or daughter to their parents → parental her Filial duty Examples from the Corpus Filial • Filial duty • The pull of journalism was incessant, but Filial loyalty led him to qualify as a property surveyor.
Fi, Formal, Filial, From
24. Filial: Of, relating to, or befitting a son or daughter
25. As this dependence on the mother church may be of various degrees, the term Filial church may have naturally more than one signification as to minor details.
26. Filial piety definition is - reverence for parents considered in Chinese ethics the prime virtue and the basis of all right human relations.
27. Del hijo o relativo a él: amor Filial
28. [Establecimiento] que depende de otro: Filial de un banco
29. 'Filial' aparece también en las siguientes entradas:
30. A) a las obligaciones alimenticias a favor de una persona menor de 21 años derivadas de una relación paterno-Filial hcch.net a) to maintenance obligations arising from a parent-child relationship towards a person under the age of 21 years
Favor, Filial, From
31. Late Middle English from Old French, or from ecclesiastical Latin Filialis, from filius ‘son’, filia ‘daughter’.
From, French, Filialis, Filius, Filia
32. Definition of Filial written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Filial, For, From
33. Updated March 15, 2021 Filial responsibility is the legal term for the duty owed by an adult child to their parents for their parents' life necessities
34. The inscriptions also recorded the history of his family and praised the Filial piety he exercised in handling family affairs
35. In genetics, the first generation that results from the crossing of two parental lines, as the Filial generation
First, From, Filial
36. Filial therapy is a form of play therapy that helps parents develop the skills to address their child's concerns and affect change in the family unit.
Filial, Form, Family
37. Synonyms for Filial in Free Thesaurus
For, Filial, Free
38. 4 synonyms for Filial: devoted, familial, dutiful, respectful
For, Filial, Familial
39. Filial piety is regarded as a principle that ordered society, without which chaos would prevail
40. Filial piety is seen in every part of Chinese culture and much of the Asian world
41. Regardless of how this concept is demonstrated, Filial piety is a manner of honoring the life of one’s parents and honoring their legacy.
42. Filial therapy aims to both empower parents and improve the relationship between parent and child
43. Over the course of Filial therapy, the parent has the opportunity to learn a variety of methods for engaging the child while still maintaining limits
44. IS Filial THERAPY EFFECTIVE? Filial therapy is a well-studied, evidence-based treatment
45. How to say Filial in English? Pronunciation of Filial with 1 audio pronunciation, 8 synonyms, 1 meaning, 1 antonym, 14 translations, 2 sentences and more for Filial.
46. Definition of Filial adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
47. French Translation of “Filial” The official Collins English-French Dictionary online
48. Filial FEAR Fear of some impending evil based on love and reverence for the one who is feared
Filial, Fear, For, Feared
49. Actually Filial fear is close to love that dreads offending the one loved
50. Filial 23, Ciudad de Santiago del Estero
51. Filial 23 del Circulo de Suboficiales de la Policia Federal Argentina
52. Looking for Filial? Find out information about Filial
For, Filial, Find
53. Abbrev.: F ; F1 indicates the first Filial generation, F2 the second, etc
54. Filial church, a Roman Catholic church to which is annexed the cure of souls, but which remains dependent on another church; Filial piety, one of the virtues in Confucian thought; Filial hybrids, used in genetics (written as F1, F2, etc.); See also
55. Filial Meaning: "of a son or daughter," from Latin filius "son," filia "daughter," possibly from a suffixed form of PIE… See definitions of Filial.
Filial, From, Filius, Filia, Form
56. Filial late 14c., from Late Latin Filialis "of a son or daughter," from Latin filius "son," filia "daughter," possibly from a suffixed form of PIE root *bheue-"to be, exist, grow" (see be), but Watkins finds it "more likely" assimilated from *felios, originally "a suckling," a suffixed form of PIE root *dhe(i)-"to suck, suckle."
Filial, From, Filialis, Filius, Filia, Form, Finds, Felios
57. Filiale f (plural Filiali) branch (of a company) subsidiary (of a company) Further reading
Filiale, Filiali, Further
58. Filiale in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana
59. Definition and synonyms of Filial from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
60. This is the British English definition of Filial.View American English definition of Filial.
61. Filial generation definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
62. Filial River Teodelina, Teodelina, Argentina
63. Nacio un 25 de Agosto de 2008, somos de la Filial de River llamada Diego Buonanotte
64. Definition of Filial piety in the Definitions.net dictionary
65. What does Filial piety mean? Information and translations of Filial piety in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.