See also: Extraneous Extraneously Extraneousness Extraordinary Extremely Extravagant Extrovert Extroverted Extricate Extramundane Extremity Extrication Extradition Extracurricular Extraterrestrial Extract Extrapolate Extricating Extravagance Extravaganza Extremist Extravert Extraction Extralegal Extrinsic
1. Extraneous definition is - existing on or coming from the outside
2. How to use Extraneous in a sentence
3. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Extraneous.
4. Extraneous definition, introduced or coming from without; not belonging or proper to a thing; external; foreign: Extraneous substances in our water
5. Not constituting an essential or vital element or part: school rules forbidding Extraneous clothing like hats
Essential, Element, Extraneous
6. Some common synonyms of Extraneous are alien, extrinsic, and foreign
7. While all these words mean "external to a thing, its essential nature, or its original character," Extraneous applies to what is on or comes from the outside and may or may not be capable of becoming an essential part
External, Essential, Extraneous
8. Arguments Extraneous to the issue
9. Extraneous definition, introduced or coming from without; not belonging or proper to a thing; external; foreign: Extraneous substances in our water
10. Extraneous Moreover, Extraneous factors influenced the boundaries which infants established for themselves, making unrealistic a straightforward comparison of age groups
11. From the Cambridge English Corpus The contrasting view is that dissociations in oral reading performance across languages are the result of Extraneous …
12. Extraneous means coming from the outside, like the Extraneous noise you hear when you're in a theater and a train passes by. Extraneous can also mean not relevant or essential, like all the Extraneous information in your long-winded science report.
13. HENTY Such causes must be considered as Extraneous to the sphere of influence possessed by good or bad manufacturing or engineering
14. 299 VARIOUS On such an Extraneous and whimsical exterior circumstance hinged the young widow's interest in me.
15. 'Extraneous' means not relevant to the problem, so we don't accept them as solutions
16. Extraneous Solutions An Extraneous solution is a root of a transformed equation that is not a root of the original equation because it was excluded from the domain of the original equation.
Extraneous, Equation, Excluded
17. Definition of Extraneous not essential or coming from the outside Examples of Extraneous in a sentence Because of so many Extraneous details in the instructions, Dad wasn’t able to put the toy together in time for Christmas morning
Extraneous, Essential, Examples
18. When we conduct experiments there are other variables that can affect our results, if we do not control them. Extraneous variables are all variables, which are not the independent variable, but could affect the results of the experiment.
Experiments, Extraneous, Experiment
19. Introduced or coming from without or outside: Extraneous substances in our water.
20. ‘Trimming Extraneous material from the mirror to reduce inertia results in the typical elliptical or polygon-shaped galvo mirror.’ ‘Attachment cones of the latter type are likely to be extensively contaminated with Extraneous material, even if the fossils are well preserved and unaltered.’
Extraneous, Elliptical, Extensively, Even
21. The definition of Extraneous is irrelevant, not essential or coming from the outside
22. An example of Extraneous is information in a research paper that is in no way related to the topic
23. An example of Extraneous are issues that have nothing to do with the main subject.
24. Not constituting an essential or vital element or part: school rules forbidding Extraneous clothing like hats
Essential, Element, Extraneous
25. Extraneous - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
26. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Extraneous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (external) externo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
Espa, Extraneous, Example, External, Externo, El
27. These Extraneous ghouls were literally shucked OFF their victims when the prisoners were made take off all their clothes and had their clothes thrown into the airtight delousing chamber… Too late, many of these undead spirits suddenly found themselves inside a poison gas chamber and they couldn’t get out without killing themselves….
28. • There is no Extraneous information to interfere with the layout
29. • Great care must be taken to ensure that solutions are clean and free of Extraneous matter
30. • Extraneous military forces • Funding will depend on the sale of Extraneous plots for other developments, not an easy matter in …
31. (formal) not directly connected with the particular situation you are in or the subject you are dealing with synonym irrelevant We do not want any Extraneous information on the page
32. Coughs and Extraneous noises can be edited out.
33. Extraneous things are not relevant or essential to the situation you are involved in or the subject you are talking about.
34. Extraneous (not comparable) Not belonging to, or dependent upon, a thing; without or beyond a thing; foreign to separate gold from Extraneous matter Extraneous substances were found on my cup of water
35. However, an Extraneous variable that could also affect their points per game is the number of hours they spend stretching each week
36. We would need to make sure that we control for this Extraneous variable so that we can draw reliable conclusions about the effect that hours spent training has on average points per game
37. The Explanation: Unneeded (“Extraneous”) packages are installed
38. Extraneous Material means foreign material (such as bone, wood, metal, rocks, wire, plastics and other impurities), other than that which results from recognized industry practice for mining Product e.g
39. Extraneous variables (EV) and confounding variables (CV) When reading through an experiment or research, there could be many Extraneous variables that are obvious and others that are not so obvious
Extraneous, Ev, Experiment
40. Extraneous peaks noted in the resolution solution or prepared by forced degradation, Used to confirm system suitability parameters as per the requirement of the test procedure
41. Definition and synonyms of Extraneous from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
Extraneous, English, Education
42. This is the British English definition of Extraneous.View American English definition of Extraneous.
43. Extraneous Root a root, or solution, of an intermediate equation—an equation obtained in the process of solving a given equation—that is not a root of the given equation
44. Extraneous roots appear because in solving an equation we cannot always pass to equivalent equations when we simplify it.
Extraneous, Equation, Equivalent, Equations
45. Extraneous and confounding variables
46. Any variable that you are not intentionally studying in your dissertation is an Extraneous variable that could threaten the internal validity of your results [see the article: Internal validity].In research that draws on a quantitative research design, especially experimental research designs (also called intervention studies), we try and control these
Extraneous, Especially, Experimental
47. An Extraneous variable is an independent variable that may add noise to an experiment or bias the results, disrupting the effect that the chosen independent variable has on the dependent variable
Extraneous, Experiment, Effect
48. Coughs and Extraneous noises can be edited out
49. Such details are Extraneous to the matter in hand
50. We shall ignore factors Extraneous to the problem
51. These questions are Extraneous to the issue being discussed
52. Extraneous Solutions An Extraneous solution is a root of a transformed equation that is not a root of the original equation because it was excluded from the domain of …
Extraneous, Equation, Excluded
53. Extraneous stimuli is an action or thought stemming from outside someone's focus and has no relevance to the person's current task
54. Those who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are often plagued with distraction arising from Extraneous stimuli and struggle to stay focused and often shift focus from one thing to another.
55. The more Extraneous items you cram on a web page, the more you confuse and distract the visitor
56. Philosophers wrote about the absurdity and emptiness of human existence in the Extraneous Universe
Emptiness, Existence, Extraneous
57. Most forms are somewhat thick walled, and are generally finished simply, even cursorily, with few Extraneous details or surface treatments.
58. See 3 authoritative translations of Extraneous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
59. Extraneous information definition: Extraneous things are not relevant or essential to the situation you are involved in or Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Extraneous, Essential, Examples
60. Extraneous, suppressor, and distorter variables are designed to reduce the likelihood of making these mistakes
61. So if you take the definition of ``Extraneous variable'' literally (i.e., Extraneous variables are other possible causes) then the identity of the physician who delivered Abigail is an Extraneous variable, and must be controlled in an experiment
62. In practice, Extraneous variables are not merely ``possible causes''; they are ``plausible causes.''
63. "not belonging or proper to a thing; not intrinsic or essential, though attached; foreign," 1630s, from Latin extraneus "external, strange," literally "that is without, from without" (as a noun, "a stranger"), from extra "outside of" (see extra-).A doublet of strange.Related: Extraneously.
Essential, Extraneus, External, Extra, Extraneously
64. Synonyms for Extraneous in Free Thesaurus
65. 47 synonyms for Extraneous: nonessential, unnecessary, extra, additional, redundant, needless
66. Definition of Extraneous in the Definitions.net dictionary
67. What does Extraneous mean? Information and translations of Extraneous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
68. Extraneous Variables are those variables that cannot be controlled by the experimenter and also have a serious influence on the result of the experiment
Extraneous, Experimenter, Experiment
69. The foremost four Extraneous variables that can disturb the findings are described below
70. Extraneous variables have to …
71. How many syllables in Extraneous? 3 1 5 4 6 8 2 7 9 syllables
72. Divide Extraneous into syllables: ex-tra-ne-ous Stressed syllable in Extraneous: ex-tra-ne-ous How to pronounce Extraneous: ik-strey-nee-us How to say Extraneous: How to pronounce Extraneous
73. Wondering why Extraneous is 3 1 5 4 6 8 2 7 9 syllables? Contact Us! We
74. Sal finds the value of d for which √(3x+25)=d+2x has an Extraneous solution at x=-3