See also: Ex-lap Ex-lax Ex-ante Ex-con Ex-date Ex-vivo Ex-felon Ex-situ Ex-voto Ex-friend Ex-libris Ex-nihilo Ex-parte Ex-works Ex-convict Ex-gratia Ex-husband Ex-machina Ex-patriot Ex-cathedra Ex-employee Ex-factory Ex-offender Ex-div Ex-officio
1. ex-: word element [L.], away from; without; outside; sometimes used to denote completely
2. Find 122 ways to say EX-, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Used to show that someone is no longer in the situation or condition the person had been in; former : The governor of Minnesota is an ex-wrestler
4. A police officer named Minami Uezono and her partner, the android Alma, infiltrate the scene of a trade going on at Tokyo Harbor for an unknown weapon named “EX-ARM.” They are then attacked by
5. Your ex-spouse is entitled to collect Social Security retirement or disability benefits
6. Your former spouse doesn't have to be collecting his or her retirement benefits yet for you to claim ex-spousal benefits
7. The companies in the list above are expected to go ex-dividend this week
8. Do not use Ex-Lax (sennosides chewable tablets) for more than 1 week unless told to do so by your doctor
9. If you have rectal bleeding or you do not have a bowel movement after using Ex-Lax (sennosides chewable tablets), talk with your doctor.
10. If your ex-spouse is deceased, you may qualify for survivors benefits of up to 100%, though the rules for surviving divorced spouses are different
11. EX-A320M-GAMING motherboard has an integrated water-pump header that offers full control over either PWM or DC water pumps, so it's perfect for ready-made, self-contained or custom cooling setups
12. Ex-Guard is an independent manufacturer of high-quality after market grille guards
13. Ex-Guard and the Ex-Guard® line of products are not endorsed, associated with, or otherwise sponsored by Navistar Inc., Paccar Inc., Daimler Trucks North America, Hino Motors …
In social relationships, an ex (plural is exes) is someone with whom a person was once associated, in a relationship or marriage. As a prefix, ex- can refer to a variety of different relationships; for example, one might refer to a music group's ex-guitarist, or someone's ex-friend.
Definition of ex. (Entry 1 of 8) : one that formerly held a specified position or place especially : a former spouse or former partner in an intimate relationship.
Definition & Meaning: Ex Root Word. The root word Ex means ‘out’. This again is a root word having its origin from a Latin word. For instance, excavate means to dig out. Exhale is to breathe out and when you extract something, you mean to pull out.
ex- 1. 1. a prefix occurring orig. in loanwords from Latin, meaning "out, out of, away, forth" ( egregious; exclude; exhale; exit; export; extract ), used also to signify that the action of a base verb has been carried to a conclusive point ( effect; effete; erase; exaggerate; excite; exhaust ), esp. in causative formations ( evacuate; effeminate; exhilarate; expurgate) or privative formations, including adjectives ( emasculate; enervate; exonerate; exsanguine ).