1. From its Greek roots, Epilogue means basically "words attached (at the end)"
2. An Epilogue often somehow wraps up a story's action, as in the one for a famous Shakespeare play that ends, "For …
3. As you might imagine, an Epilogue is the opposite of a Prologue, so it comes at the end of your novel as opposed to the beginning
4. Many thanks to all the wonderful artists, editors, and volunteers who helped make Epilogue an amazing community.
5. An Epilogue is a section of writing at the end of a book intended to provide closure and resolution
6. Classic Greek and Elizabethan plays often included Epilogues …
7. An Epilogue is a useful literary device that many authors and playwrights like to use in their works
8. In this guide, we'll give you the Epilogue definition, explain the various purposes of Epilogues in literature, provide you with real Epilogue examples, and go over four useful tips for writing your very own Epilogue
Epilogue, Explain, Epilogues, Examples
9. In ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League,’ a cameo-stuffed Epilogue might leave you with more questions than answers
10. An Epilogue is placed at the very end of a literary work
11. Writers usually use the Epilogue to tie up loose ends and resolve any issues in the main story so the reader is left satisfied.
12. An Epilogue, like a prologue, is a section of a book that stands outside the narrative
13. Except the Epilogue comes after the main narrative
14. Epilogue By Robert Lowell About this Poet Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Robert Lowell grew up in Boston, Massachusetts
15. A speech or piece of text added to the end of a play or book, often giving a short statement about what happens to the characters after the play or book finishes (Definition of Epilogue from the Cambridge …
16. Find 19 ways to say Epilogue, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
17. Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupEpilogue · Justin HurwitzLa La Land℗ 2016 Summit Entertainment, LLCReleased on: 2016-12-09Producer: Justin Hurwit
18. Epilogue is the Epilogue of Shokugeki no Soma ~Le dessert~
19. What does Epilogue mean? The definition of an Epilogue is something at the end of a play, movie or other creative work that provides a conclusion
20. Epilogue Meaning: "a conclusion, conclusion of a speech, inference," from epi "upon, in addition" (see epi-) + logos "a… See definitions of Epilogue.
21. ‘the meaning of the book's title is revealed in the Epilogue’
22. Delivery & Pickup Options - 52 reviews of Epilogue Kitchen and Cocktails "Had been following their renovation and remodeling of the space that used to be Andaluz since I read the article about Prologue Food Truck starting a brick and mortar iteration
23. Epilogue Systems helps enhance the performance of your workforce with Opus, our award-winning Digital Adoption Solution
24. An Epilogue isn’t meant to be the ending itself or make up for a weak ending
25. Epilogues should be a short, easy to understand extension for readers to get a little more out of the lives of characters they’ve come to love.
Epilogues, Easy, Extension
26. Epilogue: A Memoir and millions of other books are available for Amazon Kindle
27. Epilogue Systems was founded in 2010
28. Some critics have argued that the Epilogue is an unnecessary and heavy-handed end to a novel that stands quite well without it
29. Snyder Cut ending explained: Justice League Epilogue's cameos and teases
Ending, Explained, Epilogue
30. Tips to writing an effective Epilogue
31. Decide on a point of view to write the Epilogue
32. For example, if the story was written in the first person, then avoid writing the Epilogue in …
33. ‘The Epilogue to the film is surprisingly contemporary.’ ‘The book consists of fifty-eight poems in five sections with an Epilogue.’ ‘It's an awkward Epilogue to an otherwise agreeable piece of fluff.’
34. The Epilogue of the play “The Tempest” by William Shakespeare begins with Prospero’s declaration that he is going to overthrow all his personal charms as a magician
35. Snyder Cut ending explained: Justice League Epilogue's teases and cameos
Ending, Explained, Epilogue
36. An Epilogue is a part of the story: it takes place within the world of the novel, includes the characters and events that have taken place
37. An Epilogue is a chance to reveal what’s become of them
38. An Epilogue lets them know how the future turns out for them
39. Rowling includes an Epilogue that is set 19 years after the conclusion of the story.
40. 1 day ago · Justice League’s Epilogue is, essentially, three post-credit sequences that, instead of being a couple of minutes, are stretched out to present an alternate world where it’s early 2017 and
Epilogue, Essentially, Early
42. An Epilogue comes at the end of a text, and it provides a comment or reflection on what has occurred in the text
43. An Epilogue is the opposite of a prologue, which comes at the beginning and provides background information prior to the story.The purpose of an Epilogue is to provide commentary or additional information after the conclusion of the text
44. Antonyms for Epilogue include prologue, introduction, preface, prelude, exordium, foreword, preamble, overture, proem and preliminary
EPILOGUE [ˈepəˌlôɡ, ˈepəˌläɡ]
epilogue (noun) · epilogues (plural noun) · epilog (noun) · epilogs (plural noun)
An epilogue is a scene that takes place after the climax of a story. It serves as a conclusion to the story's events and shows us "what becomes" of its major characters. They are meant to give clarity to the narrative - not to resolve themes.
From its Greek roots, epilogue means basically "words attached (at the end)". An epilogue often somehow wraps up a story's action, as in the one for a famous Shakespeare play that ends, "For never was a story of more woe / Than this of Juliet and her Romeo".
Composing the Epilogue
The main difference between prologue and epilogue is that prologue is situated at the beginning of the story whereas epilogue is situated at the end of the story; the prologue comes before the story, and the epilogue comes after the story. Based on this main difference, some other differences can be also noted between these two sections.