See also: Embarrassing Embarrassment Embarrass Embarrassingly Embarrassed Embarrassedly Embark Embalm Embassy Emba Embase Embasol Embalmed Embank Embayed Embarazo Embarque Embalaje Embarked Embalmer Embassage Embargoed Embattled Embarkation Embankment
1. Embarrass: [verb] to cause to experience a state of self-conscious distress
2. Embarrass definition, to cause confusion and shame to; make uncomfortably self-conscious; disconcert; abash: His bad table manners Embarrassed her
3. To cause to feel self-conscious or ill at ease; disconcert: Meeting adults Embarrassed the shy child
4. Some common synonyms of Embarrass are abash, discomfit, disconcert, and rattle
5. While all these words mean "to distress by confusing or confounding," Embarrass implies some influence that impedes thought, speech, or action
6. The question Embarrassed her so much she couldn't answer When might abash be a better fit than Embarrass?
7. Jane, the elder sister, was the more dignified and it was therefore easier to Embarrass her
Elder, Easier, Embarrass
8. NAPOLEON'S YOUNG NEIGHBOR HELEN LEAH REED The first questions must never perplex or Embarrass the pupil, for they are very important
9. The first organizational meeting was held July 29, 1905 to form the Embarrass Township
10. Choosing a name for this new organized township has a tale of its own. "Embarrass" comes from a French word which means "To hinder, confuse or to be complicated".
11. Embarrassment is a painful but important emotional state
12. Most researchers believe that the purpose of Embarrassment is to make people feel badly about their social or personal mistakes as a form
13. The Crossword Solver found 123 answers to the Embarrass crossword clue
14. To cause someone to feel nervous, worried, or uncomfortable: You're Embarrassing him with your compliments! I didn't want to Embarrass her in front of her friends.
15. Embarrass actually has another meaning, but it's very rarely used: to blockade, hinder, obstruct, or stymie.
16. Definition of Embarrass written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Embarrass, English, Examples
17. Embarrass Meaning: "perplex, throw into doubt," from French Embarrasser (16c.), literally "to block," from Italian… See definitions of Embarrass.
18. Early 17th century (in Embarrass (sense 2 of the verb)): from French Embarrasser, from Spanish embarazar, probably from Portuguese embaraçar (from baraço ‘halter’).
Early, Embarrass, Embarrasser, Embarazar, Embara
19. Early 17th century (in Embarrass (sense 2 of the verb)): from French Embarrasser, from Spanish embarazar, probably from Portuguese embaraçar (from baraço ‘halter’).
Early, Embarrass, Embarrasser, Embarazar, Embara
20. Embarrass - correct spelling This Grammar.com article is about Embarrass - correct spelling — enjoy your reading! 6 sec read 3,967 Views Ed Good — Grammar Tips
Embarrass, Enjoy, Ed
21. Recently Sold Homes in Embarrass, MN have a median listing price of $110,000 and a price per square foot of $110
22. There are 25 active recently sold homes in Embarrass, Minnesota, which spend an
23. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English em‧bar‧rass /ɪmˈbærəs/ ●●○ verb [ transitive] 1 to make someone feel ashamed, nervous, or uncomfortable, especially in front of other people He didn’t want to Embarrass her by asking questions
English, Em, Especially, Embarrass
24. An asshole which cannot stop Embarrassing the person who has an Embarrass
25. An Embarrassing excuse for an asshole.
26. To cause to feel self-conscious or ill at ease; disconcert: Meeting adults Embarrassed the shy child
27. To hinder with obstacles or difficulties; impede: "an ambitious raid meant to Embarrass his supply line by burning the bridges" (William Marvel)
28. Conjugate Embarrass in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
Embarrass, Every, English
29. Embarrass somebody Her questions about my private life Embarrassed me
30. I didn't want to Embarrass him by kissing him in front of his friends
31. It Embarrasses somebody to do something It Embarrassed her to meet strange men in the corridor at night.
32. Synonyms for Embarrass in Free Thesaurus
33. 42 synonyms for Embarrass: shame, distress, show up, humiliate, disconcert, chagrin, fluster
34. To make someone feel nervous, ashamed, or stupid in a social situation It Embarrassed me to have to give my opinion in public
35. Synonyms and related words To make someone feel ashamed or Embarrassed
36. Get directions, maps, and traffic for Embarrass, MN
37. Embarrass (one) about (something) To cause one to feel shame about someone or something
38. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "Embarrass" and "about." Don't Embarrass him about falling down on stage during the talent show—he's upset enough as it is
39. See also: Embarrass Embarrass (someone) into (doing something) To shame or humiliate
40. Hopefully it will Embarrass those involved as they will have to travel into school on a ghastly coloured pink bus
41. Let the refs call out the floppers right then during the game which would Embarrass and expose them
42. They believe that this report will Embarrass the powers-that-be into triggering a flood of funds to tackle the ravages of heroin.
43. Word forms: Embarrasses, Embarrassing, Embarrassed 1
Embarrasses, Embarrassing, Embarrassed
44. Transitive verb If something or someone Embarrasses you, they make you feel shy or ashamed
45. His clumsiness Embarrassed him.
46. In addition to houses in Embarrass, there were also 0 condos, 0 townhouses, and 2 multi-family units for sale in Embarrass last month
47. Find your dream home in Embarrass using the tools above
48. Embarrass, MN real estate prices overview Searching homes for sale in Embarrass, MN has never been more convenient
49. With Point2, you can easily browse through Embarrass, MN single family homes for sale, townhouses, condos and commercial properties, and quickly get a general perspective on the real estate prices.
Easily, Embarrass, Estate
50. Embarrass - Traduzione del vocabolo e dei suoi composti, e discussioni del forum.
51. Embarrass - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
52. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Embarrass [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (make self-conscious)
Espa, Embarrass, Example
53. Examples of Embarrass in a sentence
54. My mother likes to Embarrass me by showing everyone my baby pictures
55. 🔊 When I saw my crush at the dance, I was afraid that I would Embarrass myself in front of him
56. 🔊 In order to Embarrass her, the bullies decided to trip her
57. Embarrass Tourism: Tripadvisor has 22 reviews of Embarrass Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Embarrass resource.
58. Embarrass is located at (44.670716, -88.703361 The village is located about halfway between Clintonville , and Shawano , on Wisconsin State Highway 22
59. See 4 authoritative translations of Embarrass in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
60. For Sale - 7948 Hayland Rd, Embarrass, MN - $169,000
61. Embarrass definition: If something or someone Embarrasses you, they make you feel shy or ashamed
62. Definition of Embarrass about in the Idioms Dictionary
63. What does Embarrass about expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
64. 10 Homes For Sale in Embarrass, MN
65. Embarrass, WI Volunteer Fire Department, Embarrass, WI
66. Serving the fire protection needs of Embarrass, WI and surrounding towns.
67. 7 Damian, Embarrass, MN, 55732 is a land for sale listed on the market for 55 days
68. Find 61 ways to say Embarrass, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
69. Dictionary entry overview: What does Embarrass mean? • Embarrass (verb) The verb Embarrass has 2 senses:
70. Cause to be Embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious 2
71. Hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of Familiarity information: Embarrass used as a verb is rare.
EMBARRASS [ˌimˈberəs, ˌemˈberəs]
embarrass (verb) · embarrasses (third person present) · embarrassed (past tense) · embarrassed (past participle) · embarrassing (present participle)