effort (noun) · efforts (plural noun)
1. Effort definition is - conscious exertion of power : hard work
2. How to use Effort in a sentence.
3. Effort synonyms, Effort pronunciation, Effort translation, English dictionary definition of Effort
4. A difficult exertion of strength or will: It was an Effort to get up
5. Effort definition, exertion of physical or mental power: It will take great Effort to achieve victory
6. 9 synonyms of Effort from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 24 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Effort: the active use of energy in producing a result.
8. Find 75 ways to say Effort, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Effort definition: If you make an Effort to do something, you try very hard to do it
10. Effort is a brand name of Ningbo Rontek Electronics Co., Ltd，founded in 2007, located in Lingyun Industrial Park High-tech Industrial Zone, Ningbo City, we have focused our business in the field of LED emergency lighting for over 12 years and we are a high-tech enterprise mainly engaged in the design, manufacture and sales of emergency escape lighting, professional emergency power supplies
11. The usually blank-faced Effort's smile is said to melt the heart of many fans
12. Watching SKT T1 is the reason Effort dreamed of becoming a pro player, inspired by the SKT Golden Age.
13. Effort reporting is a process mandated by the federal government to verify that direct labor charges to, or cost shared on, sponsored projects are accurate, timely, and reflect the actual level of work performed
14. Effort is the portion of time spent on a particular activity, expressed as a percentage of the individual’s total activity for the
15. Effort, also known as Mount Effort, is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States
16. Effort is located along Pennsylvania Route 115 2.5 miles (4.0 km) northwest of Brodheadsville
17. Effort has a post office with ZIP code 18330.
18. In Effort, almost all buildings are single detached homes, while mobile homes make up most of the remaining housing stock
19. Homeowners occupy roughly 90% of the dwellings in Effort …
20. In the following sentence, should it be Effort or Efforts
21. Competition has heightened with the development of a regional open heart program, declining market volumes, and area cardiology groups’ continued Effort to develop additional office-based revenue streams.
22. Effort: 1 n use of physical or mental energy; hard work “he got an A for Effort ” Synonyms: elbow grease , exertion , sweat , travail Types: show 31 types hide 31 types struggle strenuous Effort difficulty , trouble an Effort that is inconvenient least Effort , least resistance the least Effortful way to do something strain , straining
23. Synonyms for Effort in Free Thesaurus
24. 82 synonyms for Effort: attempt, try, endeavour, shot, bid, essay, go, stab, exertion, work, labour
25. Effort is an unincorporated community in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States
26. Effort is located along Pennsylvania Route 115 2.5 miles (4.0 km) northwest of Brodheadsville
27. Effort has a post office with ZIP code 18330
28. Effort - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
29. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Effort ef‧fort / ˈefət $ ˈefərt / S1 W1 noun 1 physical/mental energy [uncountable] WORK HARD the physical or mental energy that is needed to do something Lou lifted the box easily, without using much Effort
30. Frank put a lot of Effort into the party
31. Learning to speak another language takes Effort
32. Category filter: Show All (43)Most Common (3)Technology (1)Government & Military (10)Science & Medicine (17)Business (5)Organizations (0)Slang / Jargon (2) Acronym Definition Z Zulu Z Impedance Z GMT / UTC (logging abbreviation) Z Effort (US DoD) Z Zone Z Speed Rating (department of transportation maximum tire speed rating of 149+ MPH) Z Zero Z Zoloft
33. Put Effort into definition: If you make an Effort to do something, you try very hard to do it
34. Synonyms for in an Effort to include in an attempt to, in order that, so as to, such that, with the intention of, with the object of, with the purpose of, to, so that and …
35. Click on the video below to learn how to navigate the Effort web pages and participate in the trial
36. Effort - traduction anglais-français
37. Forums pour discuter de Effort, voir ses formes composées, des exemples et poser vos questions
38. I think the Effort is what’s most interesting.
39. Effort (n.) late 15c., "laborious attempt, strenuous exertion," from French Effort, from Old French esforz "force, impetuosity, strength, power," verbal noun from esforcier "force out, exert oneself," from Vulgar Latin *exfortiare "to show strength" (source of Italian sforza), from Latin ex "out" (see ex-) + Latin fortis "strong" (see fort).
40. Effort is only Effort when it begins to hurt.
41. The Effort to secure help from the Slater and Peabody Funds brought me into contact with two rare men--men who have had much to do in shaping the policy for the education of the Negro
42. It is very largely through this Effort and influence that during the last few years the subject of industrial education has assumed the importance that it has
43. A for Effort A verbal acknowledgement of appreciation for attempting a task, even if it did not produce a successful result
44. You forgot to sand the wood before you painted it, but I'll give you an A for Effort since you tried to help
45. See also: Effort, for an all-out Effort An attempt made with one's full attention or fortitude; one's best Effort
46. 41 Homes For Sale in Effort, PA
47. The Effort to recall Newsom began last year, fueled by anger over the restrictions he had put in place to curb the spread of coronavirus in California, but it gained steam as prominent state
48. Definition of Effort written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
49. Adjectives for Effort include Effortful, Effortless, Efforted and Efforting
50. What does Effort mean? The using of energy to get something done; exertion of strength or mental power
51. Definition and synonyms of Effort from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
52. This is the British English definition of Effort.View American English definition of Effort.
53. For Effort certification, a Proxy is defined as an Individual with comparable responsibilities on a sponsored project application to a principal investigator, project director, co-investigator, or co-project director who certifies Effort by virtue of having direct knowledge of the work and using suitable means of verification that the work was
54. Effort : Letzter Beitrag: 02 Jul
55. 07, 15:15: we acknowledge the Effort and cooperation of the participants Hab ich so gefunden
56. Jedenfal… 3 Antworten: Effort: Letzter Beitrag: 20 Okt
57. 08, 10:22: I do not find that liquidity impairs Effort provision
58. Increases in liquidity are shown to i… 4 Antworten: Effort: Letzter Beitrag: 17 Okt
59. Gavin Newsom on Monday said the Republican National Convention and certain White supremacist groups were behind the state's recall Effort…
60. The Effort suggests maybe all three at once."―Observer "The Effort offers a vision for how humanity could avoid an existential crisis with international collaboration, while also highlighting the environmental threats created by humans."―Electric Literature "The Effort is ultimately a novel about the desire to live
61. 2 days ago · New Effort To Clean Up Space Junk Reaches Orbit Known as ELSA-d, the mission will exhibit technology that could help capture space junk, some …
62. Explains the level of Effort a research career development (K) award recipient must devote to the award
63. This sections describes the specific criteria for mentored CDAs, concurrent support, non-mentored CDAs, and the process for temporary adjustments to the percent Effort requirement.
64. Description The Effort Driven field indicates whether the scheduling for the task is Effort driven scheduling
65. When a task is Effort driven, Project keeps the total task work at its current value, regardless of how many resources are assigned to the task
66. The Effort and reward amounts were presented sequentially to try to isolate the Effort-activation signal during the anticipation of various Effort demands
67. The results showed that two distinct regions of the ventral striatum fired in response to different phases of physical Effort and Effort-based decision making, with some overlap.
68. A joint/collaborative Effort; a determined/conscious/special Effort; I didn't really feel like going out, but I am glad I made the Effort
69. Effort to do something Please make an Effort to be on time
70. The local clubs are making every Effort to interest more young people
71. We need to make a concerted Effort to finish
72. Salvatore said the project was “a total team Effort” but singled out Harriman, “who has been on top of the project since Day 1,” noting the project ended “at least several months ahead
Effort(noun) an exertion of strength or power, whether physical or mental, in performing an act or aiming at an object; more or less strenuous endeavor; struggle directed to the accomplishment of an object; as, an effort to scale a wall. Effort(noun) a force acting on a body in the direction of its motion.
The meaning of the phrase should be clear even when we read it word by word: In an effort to = "In an attempt to" Traditionally, the phrase In an effort to create a culture within my classroom is an adverbial phrase.
A persistent effort to put unfamiliar ideas into more familiar terms. EFFORT AFTER MEANING: "Effort after meaning deals with making unfamiliar ideas more familiar .".
Effort is defined as the use of physical or mental energy, the act or result of trying to do something.