effective (noun) · effectives (plural noun)
1. Effective definition is - producing a decided, decisive, or desired effect
2. How to use Effective in a sentence
3. Comparing efficient, Effective, and proficient Synonym Discussion of Effective.
4. Effective definition, adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result: Effective teaching methods; Effective steps toward peace
5. Some common synonyms of Effective are effectual, efficacious, and efficient
6. While all these words mean "producing or capable of producing a result," Effective stresses the actual production of or the power to produce an effect.
7. Effective synonyms, Effective pronunciation, Effective translation, English dictionary definition of Effective
8. Producing the intended result: Her Effective speech caused many to volunteer.; actually in force: The new law becomes Effective on January 1.
9. Find 77 ways to say Effective, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. Effective adjective (PRODUCING RESULTS) producing the intended results, or (of a person) skilled or able to do something well: an Effective policy / strategy We’ve found that giving away samples of our product is the most Effective …
11. Effective - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
12. Effective is common in everyday language to describe something that produces a desired result
13. The Difference Between Affective and Effective Affective and Effective are adjectives with no boundary issues, at least not with each other.
14. Effective functions as an adjective and is defined as having an intended or desired effect
15. The young politician was a very Effective public speaker
16. I need to develop some more Effective study habits; I failed my last test
17. We need an Effective solution for everyone.
18. While efficiency refers to how well something is done, Effectiveness refers to how useful something is
19. For example, a car is a very Effective form of transportation, able to move people across long distances, to specific places, but a car may not trasport people efficiently because of how it uses fuel.
20. How Effective is the flu vaccine? CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness
21. While vaccine Effectiveness (VE) can vary , recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most
22. Effective Modern C++ manages to cover most of the important aspects to the (practically new) language while still keeping the content interesting and easy to read
23. Synonyms for Effective in Free Thesaurus
24. 67 synonyms for Effective: efficient, successful, useful, active, capable, valuable, helpful
25. Word family (noun) effect Effectiveness ≠ inEffectiveness (adjective) Effective ≠ inEffective effectual ≠ ineffectual (verb) effect (adverb) Effectively ≠ inEffectively From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Related topics: Law ef‧fec‧tive /ɪˈfektɪv/ ●●● S2 W1 adjective 1
26. Being Effective at work means you use time to your advantage
27. Trial released on March 22 showed that AstraZeneca was safe and Effective, potentially paving the way for use in the United States
28. Effective communication is about more than just exchanging information
29. Effective (advanced) - break out of the "intermediate plateau" by improving fore/aft, carving and speed control, upper body etc
30. What does Effective mean? The definition of Effective is something that is able to achieve a desired outcome or end result
31. Effective C bridges this gap and brings C into the modern era--covering the modern C17 Standard as well as potential C2x features
32. Johnson & Johnson said its single-dose coronavirus vaccine was 66% Effective overall in protecting against Covid-19
33. Another word for Effective: efficient, successful, useful, active, capable Collins English Thesaurus
34. The Effective tax rate is the percent of their income that an individual or a corporation pays in taxes
35. The Effective tax rate for individuals is the average rate at which their earned income,
36. Effective U Tutorials: Skills for Academic and Personal Wellbeing
37. Effectiveness trumps efficiency, but being efficiently Effective is obviously the best
38. Look at what actions you took to be Effective and break them down into different steps.
39. Effective definition: Something that is Effective works well and produces the results that were intended
40. The Effective Annual Interest Rate is an important concept that describes the true interest rate associated with an investment or loan
41. The most important feature of the Effective Annual Interest
42. Although PPE is Effective for the individual using it, PPE provides no protection for other workers or bystanders
43. When used correctly and by a qualified IFPA aromatherapist, aromatherapy can be Effective for a wide client group
44. In 13% of cases Effective at is used The most Effective at any time.
45. If your email outlining a plan to reduce office paper waste resulted in a 20 percent reduction in paper use, that means your plan was Effective: it did what you wanted it to do.
46. The Effective date of the contract is the 1st of the month
47. La date Effective du contrat est le premier du mois
48. Effective immediately expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." (applicable from this moment)
49. ‘The Effective level of tax then is dictated by government outlays.’ ‘In the newly joined member states generally, the Effective tax rate is well below the nominal one.’ ‘It disclosed that nearly one in five of these high earners paid tax at an Effective rate of just 20 per cent.’
50. 1 day ago · AstraZeneca said the advanced trial data on the vaccine it developed along with Oxford University shows it is 79% Effective
51. Squiggly is a particularly Effective leader
52. Squiggly and Aardvark had an Effective meeting
53. Effective immediately, we’ll have chocolate at every meeting
54. 1 day ago · AstraZeneca PLC's Covid-19 vaccine was shown to be safe and 79% Effective in preventing symptomatic disease in U.S
55. The Effective nuclear charge (often symbolized as or ∗) is the net positive charge experienced by an electron in a polyelectronic atom.The term "Effective" is used because the shielding effect of negatively charged electrons prevent higher orbital electrons from experiencing the full nuclear charge of the nucleus due to the repelling effect of inner-layer electrons.
56. At present, the most Effective way of preventing war would be for statesmen to direct politics so as to support a sound nationalism
57. The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% Effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to …
58. Not to be confused with: Effective – producing the intended result: Her Effective speech caused many to volunteer.; actually in force: The new law becomes Effective on January 1
59. Effective (adj.) late 14c., "serving to effect the intended purpose," from Old French effectif, from Latin effectivus "productive, Effective," from effect-, stem of efficere "work out, accomplish" (see effect (n.))
60. When VA makes a determination that a compensation award is to be paid based on a claim, an Effective date is also assigned
61. The Effective date determines when benefits are payable
62. Effective dates can vary based on the type of benefit and the circumstances of the claim
63. How Effective Dates are Assigned
64. 1 day ago · AstraZeneca announced on Monday that its vaccine was 79 percent Effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in phase three U.S
65. The Effective date for a reopened claim is the date we get the claim to reopen, or the date you first got your illness or injury, whichever is later
66. Liberalizing law change If there’s a change in law or VA regulation that allows us to pay disability compensation (monthly payments), the Effective date may be assigned in any of these ways:
67. The new rate increase was to be Effective from Jan.1, meaning phone bills for January were set to be based on the new higher rate.: North Lincolnshire Council confirmed that a stop notice was Effective from midnight.: The appointments are Effective from the date of the merger and subject to RBI approval, a bank press release said.: The change is Effective from December 12 when the new First
Effective , effectual, efficacious, efficient refer to that which is able to produce a (desired) effect. Effective is applied to that which has the power to, or which actually does , produce an effect: an effective action, remedy, speech.
Effective, effectual, efficacious, efficient refer to that which is able to produce a (desired) effect. Effective is applied to that which has the power to, or which actually does, produce an effect: an effective action, remedy, speech.
Definition of effectiveness in English: effectiveness. noun. mass noun. The degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result; success. ‘the effectiveness of the treatment’. ‘Such constraints restrict the effectiveness of all humanitarian interventions.’.
"Ineffective" means it does not work. "Very ineffective" is not really correct. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. It would be like someone saying "she's very pregnant." She's either pregnant or she's not. There is no "very pregnant" or degrees of pregnancy. Or like saying he is "very dead." He is either dead or not dead.