effect (noun) · effects (plural noun)
effect (verb) · effects (third person present) · effected (past tense) · effected (past participle) · effecting (present participle)
See also: Effective Effectuate Effects Effectually Effectuated Effectuality Effected Effectively Effectuation Effectct Effection Effectuator Effectualize Effectuating Effector Effecting Effectiveness Effect
1. Effect definition is - something that inevitably follows an antecedent (such as a cause or agent)
2. How to use Effect in a sentence
3. Affect Synonym Discussion of Effect.
4. Effect definition, something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence: Exposure to the sun had the Effect of toughening his skin
5. Effect synonyms, Effect pronunciation, Effect translation, English dictionary definition of Effect
6. A result; an influence: His protest had no Effect
7. Effect is the result of an action, as in those “cause and Effect” papers you might write in English class
8. Your topic could be how your late-night tuba playing (cause) has driven your roommate insane (Effect).
9. Although affect may be more common as a verb, the use of Effect as a noun far outstrips that of affect
10. An Effect is "a change that results when something is done or happens," or "a particular feeling or mood created by something." But suppose it hadn't worked out
11. Find 163 ways to say Effect, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
12. Affect and Effect sound similar, but one is a verb and one is a noun
13. Affect and Effect are easy to mix up
14. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. Effect
15. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change.Effect is usually a noun, an Effect is the result of a change
16. This is great! many of the Effect are fun an interesting
17. The only real problem is that recently the menu to use the Effect has disappeared, not really sure why, but other than that, this is a great extention
18. In general, affect is a verb and Effect is a noun
19. When X "affects" Y, it is said that X produces an "Effect" on Y
20. The Effect of global warming is that glaciers will melt and sea levels will rise.
21. "Effect" is a noun meaning "a result or consequence." For instance, you could correctly say, "The Effects of climate change can be felt worldwide" and …
22. Effect can also be used as a verb meaning “to make happen, produce, cause.” For example, Over my tenure, I Effected many changes around the company
23. Tax cut proponents hope to Effect economic growth
24. “Effect” as a verb is not as common as “Effect” as a noun, but it is still quite common, so you should be familiar with it.
25. Effectv helps you deliver your message to the right viewers, with measurable results.
26. Get After Effects as part of Adobe Creative Cloud for just US$20.99/mo
27. There’s nothing you can’t create with After Effects
28. Effect翻譯：結果, 效果；影響；結果, 實用, 使用；實行；生效, 劇院等, 財産, 使發生；實現；完成。了解更多。
29. Effect is pronounced [ih-fekt], almost like it has an I-sound at the beginning.
30. The Effect asserts that most people are overconfident about their abilities, and that the least competent people are the most overconfident
31. The butterfly Effect in the Lorenz attractor; time 0 ≤ t ≤ 30 z coordinate : These figures show two segments of the three-dimensional evolution of two trajectories (one in blue, and the other in yellow) for the same period of time in the Lorenz attractor starting at two initial points that differ by only 10 −5 in the x-coordinate
32. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Effect ef‧fect 1 / ɪˈfekt / S1 W1 noun 1 change/result [countable, uncountable] RESULT a change that is caused by an event, action etc Effect on My parents’ divorce had a big Effect on me
33. Effect of the harmful Effects of modern farming practices the long-term Effects of the drug I could feel the Effects of the thin mountain air.
34. “Effect” is a noun that approximately means “result.” You can write “the Effect,” “one Effect,” and “an Effect” because “Effect” is a noun
35. These two sentences use Effect correctly as a noun: “We don’t know what Effect healthy food snacks will have on children’s food choices.”
36. Reveal more youthful & healthier-looking skin with BIOEffect's clean beauty line of anti-aging, plant-based EGF skin care, born from science & made in Iceland
37. Definition of to that Effect in the Idioms Dictionary
38. What does to that Effect expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
39. Effect definition: The Effect of one thing on another is the change that the first thing causes in the Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
40. Choosing between affect and Effect can be scary
41. Think of Edgar Allan Poe and his RAVEN: Remember Affect Verb Effect Noun.You can't affect the creepy poem by reading it, but you can enjoy the Effect of a talking bird.
42. Effect.AI provides human-labeled data for many use cases, such as training AI, automating processes, translations & transcriptions and many more
43. Effect.AI Services Specializing in structuring data in areas like Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning Training Data, Deploying AI …
44. Effect, on the other hand, is used both as a noun and a verb, although is more commonly used as a noun
45. As a noun it means ‘a result or an influence’, as in: Move the cursor until you get the Effect you want
46. The beneficial Effects of exercise are well documented
47. Over time the Effect of loud music can damage your hearing.
48. Wal-Mart Effect: The Wal-Mart Effect is the economic impact felt by local businesses when a large company such as Wal-Mart opens a location in the area
49. Pony Effect creates extensive and high-quality (daring and bold) makeup products to inspire and gives courage to show your true self
50. ‘With Effect from December 1980, he was allowed freedom, unescorted, in the hospital grounds for two hours a day.’ ‘With Effect from 30 November 2001 their current internet service will no longer be available.’ ‘The Minister announced that with Effect from May 11, individuals could be allowed access to land for recreational activities.’
51. Not to be confused with: Effect – a result; an influence: His protest had no Effect
52. [The words affect and Effect are among the most frequently confused words
53. A Quick Effect, formerly called a Multi-Trigger Effect, and called an Immediate Trigger Effect (誘 (ゆう) 発 (はつ) 即 (そく) 時 (じ) 効 (こう) 果 (か) Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka) in the OCG, is a type of monster Effect that is Spell Speed 2 (and is the only Spell Speed 2 monster Effect).
54. It is the only type of monster Effect that can be activated in Summon negation window, and the
55. The multiplier Effect refers to the proportional amount of increase, or decrease, in final income that results from an injection, or withdrawal, of spending.
56. Looking for online definition of Effect or what Effect stands for? Effect is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
57. Hyeon "Effect" Hwang is a South Korean player who recently played for the Dallas Fuel
58. Before Stage 4 of the Inaugural Season began, Effect returned to South Korea, and did not come back to Los Angeles for the rest of the Season
59. On April 6th 2019 Effect posted on his Facebook announcing that he …
60. An "Effect" in this sense is the opposite of a cause - an event that happens because of some other precipitating event happening
61. Below are a few examples of the word "Effect" being used in this way: It's hard to say what Effect the rising price of gasoline will have on the world economy.
62. Effect Radio, a nationwide radio network playing modern Christian music
63. Information about Drug Side Effects
64. A side Effect is usually regarded as an undesirable secondary Effect which occurs in addition to the desired therapeutic Effect of a drug or medication
65. Side Effects may vary for each individual depending on the person's disease …
66. Peltier Effect, the cooling of one junction and the heating of the other when electric current is maintained in a circuit of material consisting of two dissimilar conductors; the Effect is even stronger in circuits containing dissimilar semiconductors
67. An Effect (Java Edition, known as Mob Effect in Bedrock Edition) is a helpful or harmful condition that affects an entity
68. Effects can be inflicted in various ways throughout the game, including consuming potions and some food items, being in the range of beacons and conduits, and being attacked by or close to certain mobs
69. The /Effect command allows players to inflict Effects upon themselves
70. Barnum Effect, in psychology, the phenomenon that occurs when individuals believe that personality descriptions apply specifically to them (more so than to other people), despite the fact that the description is actually filled with information that applies to everyone
71. Explore Mass Effect video games from Electronic Arts, a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles and mobile.
72. What does Effect mean? Effect is defined as a result of something or the ability to bring about a result
73. (noun) An example of Effect is slurre
The differences between affect and effect can be drawn clearly on the following grounds: The term 'affect' is a Latin origin, and it means to have an influence on someone or something. On the contrary, the... While effect represents the 'result' or 'consequence', affect indicates 'as a result of' or 'consequently'. When used as a verb, affect means merely "to influence",... More ...
Effect(noun) manifestation; expression; sign. Effect(noun) in general: That which is produced by an agent or cause; the event which follows immediately from an antecedent, called the cause; result; consequence; outcome; fruit; as, the effect of luxury.
As verbs the difference between effectuate and effect is that effectuate is to be the cause of something while effect is to make or bring about; to implement. As a noun effect is the result or outcome of a cause see below.
Effect is defined as a result of something or the ability to bring about a result. An example of effect is slurred speech after having a few cocktails.