See also: Edification
1. Definition of Edification : an act or process of edifying Examples of Edification in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Here's a roundup of recommendations from Monitor readers that are sure to deliver satisfaction and Edification.
2. Edification noun instruction, schooling, education, information, teaching, improvement, building up, guidance, nurture, tuition, enlightenment, uplifting, elevation the use of Scripture for the Edification of believers Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition
3. Historical usage of Edification The many millions of Catholics who have attended parochial school will confirm that there is for the good nuns no more potent a word than Edification (and the verb it is …
4. Edification They are merely being filmed for the education and Edification of the public
5. From the Cambridge English Corpus His apparent goals were to provide his readers with pleasure and Edification …
6. Originally Edification had a strictly religious sense, in the meaning of "building up of the soul," from the Latin term aEdificationem, for "construction" or "building." From the same word we get edifice, meaning a building, especially a large and imposing one.
7. Definition of Edification in the Definitions.net dictionary
8. What does Edification mean? Information and translations of Edification in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
9. The word used for “Edification” in the New Testament is oikodomé, which translates literally as “the building of a house.” The word appears in the King James Bible only about 20 times, and then only in the New Testament
10. Today we understand that the word “edify” or “Edification” means the act of one who promotes another’s growth in Christian wisdom, piety, happiness, holiness and this is the way that Paul uses it in 1 st Corinthians 10:23 where Paul wrote, “All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me
11. The dictionary definition for Edification is "improvement, instruction, or enlightenment, especially when morally or spiritually uplifting." Edification, then, is similar to spiritual growth
12. Edification has been a pioneer Cambridge tuition provider in Dhaka city
13. In Bossuet's opinion, as in Gerson's, these things are matters of Edification, not of faith
14. 1 AND 2 (OF 2) ANATOLE FRANCE They determined to make of it, not a stone of stumbling, but rather an example of zeal and a subject of Edification. …
15. Synonyms & Antonyms of Edification the process by which one gains a greater understanding of something They showed the children films that provided Edification and not just entertainment
16. Synonyms & Near Synonyms for Edification
17. Edification, according to Webster, simply means, "enlightening of ignorance, or moral or spiritual instruction." In the New Testament the word often translated as "edify" or "Edification," is a compound word made up of oikoV (Oikos), which means house, & domew (Domeo), which means to build.
18. Ed-i-fi-ka'-shun, ed'-i-fi: The Greek words oikodomeo, "to build," oikodome, "the act of building," are used both literally and figuratively in the New Testament; "edify," "edifying," "Edification," are the translation of the King James Version in some 20 passages, all in the figurative sense of the promotion of growth in Christian character
19. Use Edification at work, with your friends, with your spouse
20. # 4 Create a team culture where Edification is encouraged and rewarded
21. Edification, according to Webster, simply means, “enlightening of ignorance, or moral or spiritual instruction.” In the New Testament the word often translated as “edify” or “Edification,” is a compound word made up of oijkoV / Oikos, which means house, and domevw / domeo, which means to build.
22. (edɪfɪkeɪʃən) uncountable noun [oft with poss] If something is done for your Edification, it is done to benefit you in some way, for example by teaching you about something.
23. As nouns the difference between education and Edification is that education is (uncountable) the process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment while Edification is the act of edifying, or the state of being edified; a building up, especially in a moral, emotional, or spiritual sense; moral, intellectual, or spiritual improvement; through encouragement and instruction.
24. But one who prophesies speaks to men for Edification and exhortation and consolation
25. What does Edification mean? Edification is defined as spiritual, moral or intellectual improvement
26. (noun) An example of Edification is a once greed
27. Examples of Edification in a sentence
28. Because Shirley is a committed lifelong learner, she visits the library at least once a week for personal Edification and intellectual enrichment
29. Edification: Growing in Christ person has been learning and applying One of the words in the Bible used to describe Christian growth is Edification
30. Edification is the process of spiritual growth in a Christian who is living according to the plan of God and who is fu lfilling the command to grow in the grace and in knowledge of Jesus Christ.
31. ‘For Shaw's Edification, Diana also links to the information provided here and elsewhere to support her points.’ ‘The other main users seem to be people preparing sermons or Bible studies and those who simply want to read for Edification.’ ‘The tension between honesty and Edification is the fundamental dilemma of teaching theology.’
32. For Shaw's Edification, Diana also links to the information provided here and elsewhere to support her points.: Even during such moments, however, the general reader is pulled back and forth between Edification and enlightenment.: Cemeteries are no longer sites of public moral Edification and aesthetic education.: I enjoyed this book, which is made for a browser's pleasure and Edification.
33. Edification of students through logicality and perspicacity is of paramount importance of this club
34. His numerous writings are divided among polemics, exegesis, dogmatics, and Edification
35. Everything must lead to Edification , if it is a real gift from God.
36. ‘For Shaw's Edification, Diana also links to the information provided here and elsewhere to support her points.’ ‘The other main users seem to be people preparing sermons or Bible studies and those who simply want to read for Edification.’ ‘The tension between honesty and Edification is the fundamental dilemma of teaching theology.’
37. KJV Dictionary Definition: Edification Edification
38. Synonyms for Edification include education, instruction, schooling, guidance, improvement, information, teaching, elevation, enlightenment and tuition
39. Synonyms for Edification in Free Thesaurus
40. 16 synonyms for Edification: instruction, schooling, education, information, teaching
41. Edification (countable and uncountable, plural Edifications) The act of edifying , or the state of being edified or improved; a building process, especially morally, emotionally, or spiritually March 14, 2018 , Roger Penrose writing in The Guardian , 'Mind over matter': Stephen Hawking – obituary
42. Definition: the improvement of understanding, especially through instruction or enlightenment Synonyms: instruction, education, guidance, learning, enlightenment, clarification Antonyms: complication, obstruction Tips: Notice how the words Edification and education sound very similar
43. This is a good way to help remember the meaning of Edification
44. Edification is often considered to mean
45. I am telling you this simply for your Edification
46. Demonstrations, films, and videotapes are shown for your Edification
47. The books were intended for the Edification of the masses
48. He that prophesieth speaketh unto men to Edification, 1 Cor
49. Authority … Lord hath given us for Edification, 2 Cor
50. See authoritative translations of Edification in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
51. Hypernyms ("Edification" is a kind of): enlightenment (education that results in understanding and the spread of knowledge)
52. Hyponyms (each of the following is a kind of "Edification"): disenchantment; disillusion; disillusionment (freeing from false belief or illusions)
53. For the Edification of somebody for somebody's Edification The books were intended for the Edification of the masses
54. There are, for your Edification, 150 teaspoons of sherry in a bottle—I counted them all
55. Edification is a coaching center for Physics
56. Edification (n.) mid-14c., in religious use, "a building up of the soul," from Old French edificacion "a building, construction; Edification, good example," and directly from Latin aEdificationem (nominative aedificatio) "construction, the process of building; a building, an edifice," in Late Latin "spiritual improvement," from past participle stem of aedificare "to build" (see edifice).
57. Learn Edification with free interactive flashcards
58. Choose from 85 different sets of Edification flashcards on Quizlet.
59. The Edification, Bangalore, India
60. The Edification is an online Digital Media Channel founded in 2020 with a mission to provide daily motivation, upliftment,
61. Edification definition: If something is done for your Edification , it is done to benefit you in some way, for Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
62. In contrast to the one who speaks in an unknown tongue, Paul states in verse 3, “But he that prophesiethspeaketh unto men to Edification…
63. Join Vyas Edification Kota, India's Top Most Coaching for, IIT-JEE, JEE Main + Advanced, NEET-UG, NTSE, Board, CLAT, KVPY, Olympiads & Other science and non-science subject exams
Edify definition is - to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge : uplift ; also : enlighten, inform. How to use edify in a sentence. edify Has Latin Roots to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge : uplift; also : enlighten, inform; build; establish...
In the Bible, the word Edify means: "the promotion of spiritual growth; literally, things of building up". When believers have a problem, it's often because we are not built up enough to overcome it. We tend to be strong in some areas of Christian life, but weak in others.
100 Bible Verses about Edifying Others 1 Corinthians 14:1-40 ESV / 12 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.
Definition of edifying. : instructive or informative in a way that improves the mind or character an edifying discussion Much of Mr. Kernan's scholarship is impressive, and many of his thoughts on the history of language and literature are quite edifying.— Joe Queenan.