eccentric (noun) · eccentrics (plural noun)
1. Eccentric definition is - deviating from conventional or accepted usage or conduct especially in odd or whimsical ways
2. How to use Eccentric in a sentence
3. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Eccentric.
4. Eccentric definition, deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd: Eccentric conduct; an Eccentric person
5. Eccentric - First meant "not concentric" as it referred to an orbit in which the Earth was not precisely in the center or straying from a circular path; the area where two circles overlap is the Eccentric.
6. 53 synonyms of Eccentric from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 53 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Find another word for Eccentric
8. Eccentric: different from the ordinary in a way that causes curiosity or suspicion.
9. Find 78 ways to say Eccentric, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. The Crossword Solver found 147 answers to the Eccentric crossword clue
11. Eccentric personalities are rare
12. So, characteristics of an Eccentric person can indeed make Eccentricity very interesting!
13. Eccentric 'Eccentric' is a 9 letter word starting with E and ending with C Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Eccentric We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Eccentric will help you to finish your crossword today
14. You're most likely to encounter the adjective Eccentric in a description of an unusual or quirky person — like a scatterbrained aunt who leaves her life savings to her cat.
15. Eccentric CABERNET SAUVIGNON 750ml
16. Eccentric training is the latest addition to many fitness routines and lexicons
17. Contrary to its name, Eccentric fitness focuses on building strength, rather than incorporating something quirky
18. The latest news and information on life in the Birmingham-Bloomfield, Southfield area, from Observer and Eccentric
19. "Eccentric training places a greater demand on your muscles and central nervous system, so it's going to take you longer to recover from doing Eccentric movements," says Wickham—but it's worth it
20. Remember: Eccentrics damage your muscle more than concentric movements do.
21. Eccentric (n.) early 15c., "Eccentric circle or orbit," originally a term in Ptolemaic astronomy, "circle or orbit not having the Earth precisely at its center," from French eccentrique and directly from Medieval Latin Eccentricus (noun and adjective), from Greek ekkentros "out of the center" (as opposed to concentric), from ek "out" (see ex-) + kentron "center" (see center (n.)).
22. What does Eccentric mean? The definition of Eccentric is something that is not exactly circular
23. (adjective) An example of Eccentric is the orbit
24. Eccentric definition, deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd: Eccentric conduct; an Eccentric person
25. The Eccentric contraction is a muscular movement which involves lengthening the muscle
26. When you allow the weight to move downwards, this is the Eccentric portion of the movement
27. Eccentric exercise is used in the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament tearing and patellar tendinopathy (jumper’s knee)
28. Eccentric training program leads to hypertrophy and strengthening of the quadriceps femoris muscle, which in turn stabilizes the damaged knee.
29. Covering local sports in metro Detroit's western suburbs, from Observer and Eccentric
30. Eccentrically synonyms, Eccentrically pronunciation, Eccentrically translation, English dictionary definition of Eccentrically
31. Eccentric Eccentric circles with the center of each circle marked adj
32. The Eccentric furniture designer is known for turning unusual objects into tables and chairs
33. As my Eccentric aunt walked through the country club, she seemed unaware of …
34. High quality Eccentric gifts and merchandise
35. Eccentric hypertrophy is generally regarded as healthy, or physiologic hypertrophy and is often termed "athlete's heart." It is the normal response to healthy exercise or pregnancy, which results in an increase in the heart's muscle mass and pumping ability
36. Synonyms for Eccentric include odd, queer, strange, bizarre, peculiar, weird, abnormal, irregular, quirky and outlandish
37. Delivery & Pickup Options - 187 reviews of Eccentric International Chefs "Chef Carl Zietsen created the prettiest and most delicious wedding cake ever! Seriously, how many wedding cakes have you raved about the way they tasted? Chef Carl only presented us with about 4 different cakes to taste but was willing to create any cake type we wanted.
38. Eccentric definition: If you say that someone is Eccentric , you mean that they behave in a strange way, and Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
39. Eccentric & Concentric Motions in a Leg Extension
40. People that are Eccentric are almost always better known for their different Eccentricities
41. This is explained to be an unusually odd type of behavior, Eccentric people tend to reflect from many different aspects of human personalities.
42. Aunt Nessy was always a bit Eccentric
43. See thesaurus at strange, unusual 2 technical HM Eccentric circles do not have the same centre point → concentric — Eccentrically /-kli / adverb Examples from the Corpus Eccentric • Master of the striking Southern image, Carville had some of the same Eccentric appeal for reporters as did Ross Perot
44. A Queen Was Born In April Happy Birthday Shirt, Highly Eccentric Extra Tough And Super Sarcastic Shirt, April Birthday Shirt MiaWorkingStore Sale Price $16.95 $ 16.95
45. Synonyms for Eccentric in Free Thesaurus
46. 94 synonyms for Eccentric: odd, strange, bizarre, weird, peculiar, abnormal, queer, irregular
47. Eccentric strength refers to tension being applied to a muscle as it lengthens
48. Studies show that Eccentric exercise results in less oxygen consumption, greater force production, and less energy expenditure than concentric strengthening- or the active shortening of the
49. What Is Eccentric Exercise? An Eccentric contraction is a movement that involves lengthening a muscle while it’s under load
50. Eccentric exercises are movements that lengthen muscle under tension, usually creating an adaptation that improves performance
51. The effects of Eccentric contraction duration on muscle strength, power production, vertical jump, and soreness
52. J Strength Cond Res 31(3): 773-786, 2017-Previous research has investigated the effects of either Eccentric- …
53. Eccentric contractions, characterized by the lengthening of the muscle-tendon complex, present several unique features compared with other types of contractions, which may lead to unique adaptations
54. Eccentric training in healthy adults after regimented resistance training (RT)
55. Eccentric exercises involve lengthening of the musculotendinous unit while a load is applied to it
56. While Eccentric muscle strengthening has been used for some time, until recently, little was known about how Eccentric exercises result in decreased pain and normalization of the tendon in those with tendinopathy.