1. Dour definition is - stern, harsh
2. Dour synonyms, Dour pronunciation, Dour translation, English dictionary definition of Dour
Dour, Dictionary, Definition
3. Marked by sternness or harshness; forbidding: a Dour, self-sacrificing life.
4. Dour definition, sullen; gloomy: The captain's Dour look depressed us all
Dour, Definition, Depressed
5. 15 synonyms of Dour from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 64 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Dour: harsh and threatening in manner or appearance.
7. Find 25 ways to say Dour, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. 31 nouveaux noms pour Dour Festival 2021
9. Venir à #Dour2021 🚲🚌🚊🛩🚀
10. Dour Yacht Sales is located at Bay Boat Works 145 Hance Point Rd
11. What does Dour mean? Sullen; gloomy; forbidding
12. How to say Dour in English? Pronunciation of Dour with 3 audio pronunciations, 41 synonyms, 1 meaning, 8 translations, 8 sentences and more for Dour.
13. Dour Meaning: "severe" (of grief); late 14c., of men, "bold, stern, fierce," a word from Scottish and northern England… See definitions of Dour.
14. The dissolved oxygen uptake rate (Dour) test measures the respiration rate of organisms
15. © 2019 Dour All Rights Reserved Close
16. Dour: 1 adj showing a brooding ill humor “the proverbially Dour New England Puritan” Synonyms: dark , glowering , glum , moody , morose , saturnine , sour , sullen ill-natured having an irritable and unpleasant disposition adj stubbornly unyielding “ Dour determination” Synonyms: dogged , persistent , pertinacious , tenacious , unyielding
Dour, Dark, Disposition, Determination, Dogged
17. For other uses, see Castle Dour
18. Castle Dour is an Imperial Legion outpost in Solitude during the civil war
19. 1 Sublocations 1.1 Castle Dour Dungeon 1.2 Emperor's Tower 2 Quests 2.1 Battle for …
20. Dour - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
21. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Dour adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (stern, serious) severo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta")
Dour, Describes, Describe, Demostrativo
22. Located in North East, Maryland, view all boats for sale by Dour Yacht Sales Inc.
23. Dour definition: If you describe someone as Dour , you mean that they are very serious and unfriendly
Dour, Definition, Describe
24. ‘Dire, Dour and disappointing are three which spring instantly to mind.’ ‘But after going upstairs for a shower he would grow uncommunicative and Dour.’ ‘It was still cold and a little gloomy but there was a Dour magnificence to it.’ ‘You must be, for the whole psychological profession, which is often very Dour…
Dire, Dour, Disappointing
25. The Dour man would not laugh at any of the comedian’s jokes
26. As a teacher, I often have to look Dour so my students will take me seriously when I give them instructions
27. The Dour police officer gave me a speeding ticket for going one mile over the maximum speed.
28. A usage note in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th ed.) says “Dour, which is etymologically related to duress and endure, traditionally rhymes with tour.” “The variant pronunciation that rhymes with sour is, however, widely used and must be considered acceptable,” American Heritage adds.
Dictionary, Dour, Duress
29. N’Dour resumed his music career, and his 34th album, Africa Rekk, was released in 2016
30. The Japan Art Association awarded N’Dour the Praemium Imperiale for music in 2017, a prize recognizing lifetime achievement in fields not usually covered by the
31. Dour is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut.On 1 January 2006 the municipality had 16,810 inhabitants
32. The municipality consists of the following sub-municipalities: Dour proper, Blaugies, Élouges, and Wihéries.
33. Dour is often considered the western end of the sillon
34. Being Dour can also refer to that dry, cynical sense of humour inherent in many Scots, such as when colleagues sarcastically rib you for being too happy when you come into work.
35. Youssou N'Dour (French: [jusu (ɛ)nduʁ]; also known as Youssou Madjiguéne NDour; born 1 October 1959) is a Senegalese singer, songwriter, composer, occasional actor, businessman, and politician
36. Youssou N'Dour performs "N'Dobine"http://vevo.ly/E2Gi9i
37. What is the opposite of Dour? Antonyms for Dour (opposite of Dour).
38. Translation for 'Dour' in the free English-Arabic dictionary and many other Arabic translations.
39. Dour Tourism: Tripadvisor has 602 reviews of Dour Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Dour resource.
40. “Mitch is a Dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again,” Trump said.
41. Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesImmigrés/Bitim Rew · Youssou N'DourImmigrés℗ 2002 Stern's MusicReleased on: 2002-04-16Auto-generated by YouTube.
42. High quality Dour gifts and merchandise
43. It was Gabriel, in fact, who introduced N'Dour to American and British artists via his So album (in 1986) and took N'Dour and The Super Etoile on the road with him in a subsequent world tour
44. In 1988, Youssou N'Dour was a co-headliner on the Amnesty International "Human Rights Now!" tour alongside Gabriel, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, and Tracy
45. See 3 authoritative translations of Dour in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
46. A break with everything Dour and respectable.: Une rupture totale avec l' austère et le convenable
47. This distortion frequency also gives us a Dour outlook on the world situation.: Cette fréquence nous donne également une vue austère du monde extérieur.: Don't look so Dour, Genevieve.: N'aie pas l'air si sévère Geneviève.: I am often seen as, perhaps, a somewhat Dour personality.
Distortion, Dour, Donne, Du, Don
48. We've got 47 rhyming words for Dour » What rhymes with Dour? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Dour.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
49. Find 25 ways to say Dour, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
50. “Mitch is a Dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay
51. N'Dour is in top form throughout, keening the way he once did with Etoile de Dakar, his writing more inventive and assured, and Jimi Mbaye's guitar work outstanding throughout
Dour, Did, De, Dakar
52. This is the album N'Dour has needed to make for many years, where his heart and his art meet
DOUR [do͝or, ˈdou(ə)r]
Use dour in a sentence. adjective. The definition of dour is stern, severe or gloomy. An example of something dour is a dark, cloudy sky.
Dour definition is - stern, harsh. How to use dour in a sentence.
Meaning of dour in English. › (of a person’s appearance or manner) very serious and sad, and likely to judge people severely:
Definition of dour. 1 : stern, harsh a dour expression on her face. 2 : obstinate, unyielding an insistent hunger for learning and a dour … determination to achieve it— Walter Moberly. 3 : gloomy, sullen a dour disposition.