1. Distraught definition is - agitated with doubt or mental conflict or pain
Distraught, Definition, Doubt
2. How to use Distraught in a sentence.
3. Word Origin for Distraught C14: changed from obsolete distract through influence of obsolete straught, past participle of stretch Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co
Distraught, Distract, Dictionary, Digital
4. distrait, Distraught - Distrait means "absent-minded as a result of apprehension, worry, etc."—while Distraught means "agitated" and "bewildered, distracted." See also related terms for worry
Distrait, Distraught, Distracted
5. 7 synonyms of Distraught from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 32 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Find another word for Distraught
7. Distraught: feeling overwhelming fear or worry
8. Extremely worried, nervous, or upset: The missing child's Distraught parents made an emotional appeal for information on TV.
9. The Distraught mind has used the body as a perverse canvas, and the book serves as an extension of the artist’s flesh
10. The definition of Distraught is someone that is very troubled, confused or has gone crazy
11. An example of Distraught is a person so overcome with grief that he can't remember the names of people around him.
12. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Distraught yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
Distraught, Dictionary, Dot
13. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Distraught” Contribute to Crossword Clues
14. While Distraught may sound like an old Germanic past participle, it is actually an alteration of distract from the Latin distrahere "to draw in different directions." If you are Distraught, you are so upset that it's hard to think straight, hence your mind is "drawn in different directions."
Distraught, Distract, Distrahere, Draw, Different, Directions, Drawn
15. If someone is Distraught, they are so upset and worried that they cannot think clearly
16. His Distraught parents were being comforted by relatives
17. Synonyms: frantic, wild, desperate, mad More Synonyms of Distraught COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
Desperate, Distraught, Dictionary
18. In her Distraught state of mind she had scarcely pondered that contingency
19. She burst into a little peal of laughter as she looked into his Distraught face
20. Vehicles would have run amok, and the result would have been an indescribable chaos of the maimed, mangled and Distraught.
21. Examples of Distraught in a sentence When my father died, I was so Distraught I dropped out of school
Distraught, Died, Dropped
22. 🔊 Jerry became Distraught when his wife approached him with divorce papers
23. 🔊 After Carrie lost her job, she became Distraught and went on a drinking binge
24. Synonyms for Distraught in Free Thesaurus
25. 53 synonyms for Distraught: frantic, wild, desperate, mad, anxious, distressed, raving, distracted
Distraught, Desperate, Distressed, Distracted
26. Distraught - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
27. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Distraught adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (agitated, upset) consternado adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
Distraught, Describes, Describe, Demostrativo
28. Distraught adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (agitated, upset) bouleversé, désemparé, désespéré adj adjectif : modifie un nom
29. Distraught (adj.) "distracted, frantic, deranged," late 14c., an alteration of distract (mid-14c.), which in its older form is long obsolete, a past-participle adjective from the Middle English verb distracten or else from Latin distractus "distracted, perplexed," past participle of distrahere "draw in different directions," from dis-"away" (see dis-) + trahere "to draw" (see tract (n.1)).
Distraught, Distracted, Deranged, Distract, Distracten, Distractus, Distrahere, Draw, Different, Directions, Dis
30. Definition of Distraught adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Definition, Distraught, Dictionary
31. Dis‧traught /dɪˈstrɔːt $ -ˈstrɒːt/ adjective so upset and worried that you cannot think clearly Relatives are tonight comforting the Distraught parents
32. ► see thesaurus at sad Examples from the Corpus Distraught • His father, who lives in Basildon, is said to be Distraught.
33. Distraught relatives are waiting for news of the missing children
34. She was Distraught over the death of her partner
35. The Distraught man was restrained from jumping off the ledge.She said those things only because she was Distraught with grief
36. Definition of Distraught in the Fine Dictionary
Definition, Distraught, Dictionary
37. Meaning of Distraught with illustrations and photos
38. Pronunciation of Distraught and its etymology
39. Related words - Distraught synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
40. Example sentences containing Distraught
41. Use "Distraught" in a sentence Shawn left Salem Distraught and confused by the revelation that Belle's mother was the Salem Stalker and responsible for the death of Shawn's family members
42. Distraught, Miguel becomes a key player amongst the Latino inmates and takes over the …
43. Jesup: Melvin is so Distraught, let's analyze his every movement
44. Jesup: now hes trying to make himself look comfortable but it's clear that he is Distraught.
45. Distraught British English: Distraught ADJECTIVE If someone is Distraught, they are so upset and worried that they cannot think clearly
46. His Distraught parents were being comforted by relatives.
47. How many syllables in Distraught? 3 8 4 9 6 5 7 2 1 syllables
48. Divide Distraught into syllables: dis-traught Stressed syllable in Distraught: dis-traught How to pronounce Distraught: dih-strawt How to say Distraught: How to pronounce Distraught
Divide, Distraught, Dis, Dih
49. Wondering why Distraught is 3 8 4 9 6 5 7 2 1 syllables? Contact Us! We'll explain.
50. Her Distraught mother had spent all night waiting by the phone
51. Weeks after the accident she remained Distraught
52. Relatives are tonight comforting the Distraught parents
53. His Distraught parents were being comforted
54. See 5 authoritative translations of Distraught in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
55. Translation for 'Distraught' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
56. Distraught at his son's disappearance, Elián's father had contacted distant relatives living in Florida.
Distraught, Disappearance, Distant
57. A Distraught driver who went the wrong way on the transition road from the southbound Harbor (110) Freeway to the westbound Glenn Anderson/Century …
58. Find 52 ways to say Distraught, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
59. Distraught stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
60. Browse 74,307 Distraught stock photos and images available, or search for Distraught woman or Distraught man to find more great stock photos and pictures
61. Another way to say Distraught? Synonyms for Distraught (other words and phrases for Distraught).
62. Distraught in a sentence - Use "Distraught" in a sentence 1
63. He was Distraught when the courts refused to recognize his nobility
64. She croons " chickabee " when they are Distraught
65. Click for more sentences of Distraught
66. Download Distraught stock photos
67. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Distraught animated GIFs to your conversations
68. Definition of Distraught in the Definitions.net dictionary
Definition, Distraught, Definitions, Dictionary
69. What does Distraught mean? Information and translations of Distraught in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Does, Distraught, Dictionary, Definitions
70. Definition of Distraught adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Definition, Distraught, Dictionary
71. Sarah Everard disappearance: Family of missing woman 'Distraught', says uncle
72. Definition of Distraught Origin : late 14c., alteration (Englishing) of earlier distract (perhaps by association with other past participle forms in -ght, such as caught, bought, brought), mid-14c., past participle of distracten "derange the intellect of, drive mad" (see distract).
Definition, Distraught, Distract, Distracten, Derange, Drive
73. The Distraught, Hemet, California
74. Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli Are “Very Distraught” as Lori Loughlin Begins Prison Sentence Lori Loughlin's daughters, Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli, are preparing for a "hard holiday