See also: Disputatious Disputation Disposition Disparate Disparity Dispute Disperse Disparage Display Dispatch Displacement Dispensation Disparaging Dispense Dispositive Dispel Dispose Disposed Disposal Dispersion Health Disposable Disparities Define
1. Disputatious people like to provoke arguments or find something to disagree about
2. For example, court trials are Disputatious; that is, they are marked by disputation, or verbal controversy
3. An issue or matter is Disputatious if it provokes controversy.
4. Disputatiously or disputatively, adverb Disputatiousness or disputativeness, noun Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co
Disputatiously, Disputatively, Disputatiousness, Disputativeness, Dictionary, Digital
5. Disputatious: adjective argumentative , bickering , cantankerous , captious , competitive , contentious , contrary , controversial , debatable , dialectic
Disputatious, Debatable, Dialectic
6. 31 synonyms of Disputatious from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 127 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Find another word for Disputatious
8. Disputatious: feeling or displaying eagerness to fight
9. The pronunciation of the word puzzles the visitor, and even the natives grow gently Disputatious on the subject
10. THE RIVERS OF GREAT BRITAIN: RIVERS OF THE EAST COAST VARIOUS I believe one great source of our concord is, that neither he nor I are Disputatious, which is …
11. Disputatious Meaning: "pertaining to or characterized by dispute; inclined to disputing," 1650s; see disputation + -ous.… See definitions of Disputatious.
Disputatious, Dispute, Disputing, Disputation, Definitions
12. Examples of Disputatious in a sentence Because Ashley is a Disputatious person, she is a huge asset to the debate team
13. 🔊 John’s disputatious personality makes him a great lawyer
14. 🔊 Since my disputatious neighbors argue loudly at night, the police are frequent visitors to their home
15. See authoritative translations of Disputatious in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
16. Disputatious 'Disputatious' is a 12 letter word starting with D and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Disputatious We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Disputatious will help you to finish your crossword today
17. ‘This Disputatious dozen, unexpectedly propelled to Europe on the back of a tin-pot protest group grown suddenly large, claim they will rubbish Europe and everything it stands for.’ ‘If I were to venture one observation about the difference in the actors it's that while being blessedly less Disputatious than in London they also seem
Disputatious, Dozen, Difference
18. ‘Disputatious council meetings’ ‘The various choral groups that continually comment upon and sometimes mix in with the action are now more in line with the Disputatious aesthetic factions of the original, and all the better for it.’
19. We found 6 answers for “Disputatious”
20. This page shows answers to the clue Disputatious, followed by 2 definitions like “Inclined to dispute”, “Fond of or given to …
Disputatious, Definitions, Dispute
21. / ˌdɪs.pjuˈteɪ.ʃəs / liking to argue and disagree, or arguing and disagreeing a lot: Disputatious and difficult, he was not much missed when he resigned his post
Disagree, Disagreeing, Disputatious, Difficult
22. The Disputatious style of his magazine …
23. 1)--or " Disputatiousness," as she puts it--that shaped society on the islands during the Stuart monarchies as an accidental byproduct of the period before British imperial ambitions were fully realized, she views these traits as foundational elements of early modern colonialism.
24. Disputatious is a somewhat old-fashioned term now
25. The one area where it does live on is in the legal sphere — two battling parties are often said to be Disputatious.
26. Disputatious - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
Disputatious, Dictionary, Discussion
27. Definition of Disputatious in the Definitions.net dictionary
Definition, Disputatious, Definitions, Dictionary
28. What does Disputatious mean? Information and translations of Disputatious in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Does, Disputatious, Dictionary, Definitions
29. A Disputatious Inclined to dispute; apt to civil or controvert; characterized by dispute; as, a Disputatious person or temper
30. The pronunciation of the word puzzles the visitor, and even the natives grow gently Disputatious on the subject
31. THE RIVERS OF GREAT BRITAIN: RIVERS OF THE EAST COAST VARIOUS I believe one great source of our concord is, that neither he nor I are Disputatious, which is …
32. (5) This, of course, is a vast improvement on those forlorn days when a few Disputatious souls insisted that only soldiers had died in the war
Days, Disputatious, Died
33. (6) Chirac has been lofted to a pinnacle of popularity, with virtually no public dissent, even from France's normally Disputatious intellectuals
34. (7) The political left has always been Disputatious .
35. What does Disputatious mean? Inclined to dispute
Does, Disputatious, Dispute
36. Start the Disputatious article, using the Article Wizard if you wish, or add a request for it; but please remember that Wikipedia is not a dictionary
37. Disputatious (comparative more Disputatious, superlative most Disputatious) Of or relating to something that is in question as to its intent or value
38. Disputatious definition: inclined to argument Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
39. We are a Disputatious and ingenious species and have a pretty good track record of solving problems sensibly
40. It is one of the many places where America's policy elite is working with its customary Disputatious energy to shape national strategy
41. And yet beneath the mellow exterior lies a fiercely independent, and at times Disputatious, thinker.
42. • They go in for querulous and Disputatious argument
43. • But, with some few exceptions , the main results had been Disputatious wrangling.
44. Inclined or showing an inclination to dispute or disagree, even to engage in law suits Familiarity information: Disputatious used as an adjective is very rare.
Dispute, Disagree, Disputatious
45. Synonyms for Disputatious in Free Thesaurus
46. 13 synonyms for Disputatious: argumentative, combative, contentious, eristic, litigious
47. Translation for 'Disputatious' in the free English-French dictionary and many other French translations.
48. "Disputatious" and was causing corrosive damage to South Africa's national image and international credibility
49. ANC Daily News Briefing "Disputatious" is generally used as a word of reproach; but we can express our meaning only by saying that Lord Holland was most courteously and pleasantly Disputatious.
50. (of a person) fond of having heated arguments: a congenial hangout for Disputatious academics
51. ∎ (of an argument or situation) motivated by or causing strong opinions: Disputatious council meetings
52. A Disputatious person [=a person who often disagrees and argues with other people] [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples Comments & Questions
53. Disputatious 'Disputatious' is a 12 letter word starting with D and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Disputatious We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Disputatious will help you to finish your crossword today
54. Disputatious (Thesaurus) disputation dispute
Disputatious, Disputation, Dispute
55. Synonyms for Disputatious include argumentative, contentious, quarrelsome, polemical, pugnacious, scrappy, aggressive, agonistic, assaultive and bellicose
56. Definitions and Meaning of Disputatious in English Disputatious adjective
57. Inclined or showing an inclination to dispute or disagree, even to engage in law suits Synonyms: combative, contentious, disputative, litigious Examples - a Disputatious lawyer - a litigious and acrimonious spirit - a style described as abrasive and contentious; Description
Dispute, Disagree, Disputative, Disputatious, Described, Description
58. What are another words for Disputatious? Contentious, argumentative, litigious
59. Full list of synonyms for Disputatious is here.
60. Disputatious Meaning in English to Urdu is حجتی, as written in Urdu and Hujati, as written in Roman Urdu
61. There are many synonyms of Disputatious which include Cantankerous, Captious, Caviling, Contentious, Controversial, Dissentious, Litigious, Polemical, Quarrelsome, Pugnacious, etc.
62. Disputatious - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
63. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Disputatious adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (argumentative) discutidor adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa [b]grande[/b]", "mujer [b]alta[/b]").
Disputatious, Describes, Discutidor, Describe, Demostrativo
64. Get an answer for 'Is Franklin's writing style Disputatious in The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (and if not, please describe)?' and find homework help for other The Autobiography of Benjamin
65. How right you are, very clever, very Disputatious
66. They go in for querulous and Disputatious argument
67. There was a busy , Disputatious about it, instead of the accustomed phlegm and drowsy tranquility
68. Disputatious, prickly, cranky lawmakers and voters are part of the American experience.; No faux-fur flying between Disputatious morons.; Arculli acknowledged its narrower spectrum of views makes it less Disputatious than the outgoing body.; For all Milosevic's new vulnerabilities, he remains lucky in his fractured, Disputatious opposition
69. "I certainly was not known as being a Disputatious