1. Dismay, appall, horrify, daunt mean to unnerve or deter by arousing fear, apprehension, or aversion. Dismay implies that one is disconcerted and at a loss as to how to deal with something. Dismayed at the size of the job appall implies that one is faced with that which perturbs, confounds, or shocks.
Dismay, Daunt, Deter, Disconcerted, Deal, Dismayed
2. Dismay definition, to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble; dishearten thoroughly; daunt: The surprise attack Dismayed the enemy
Dismay, Definition, Down, Danger, Dishearten, Daunt, Dismayed
3. To cause to lose enthusiasm or resolution; disillusion or discourage: "young executives Dismayed by the corporate …
Disillusion, Discourage, Dismayed
4. How does the verb Dismay contrast with its synonyms? Some common synonyms of Dismay are appall, daunt, and horrify. While all these words mean "to unnerve or deter by arousing fear, apprehension, or aversion," Dismay implies that one is disconcerted and at a loss as to how to deal with something
Does, Dismay, Daunt, Deter, Disconcerted, Deal
5. Dismayed at the size of the job
6. C2 a feeling of unhappiness and disappointment: Aid workers were said to have been filled with Dismay by the appalling conditions that the refugees were living in
7. The fans watched in/with Dismay …
8. Find 120 ways to say Dismay, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Dismay is defined as a sudden or total loss of courage. An example of Dismay is feeling defeated after applying to dozens of jobs and being offered none of them.
Dismay, Defined, Defeated, Dozens
10. Conjugate Dismay in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
11. Dismay sells straps made exclusively for certain watch models, which even have colors that complement the watch dial! That’s the custom straps sold directly through the watch manufacturers can cost an exorbitant amount
Dismay, Dial, Directly
12. Dismay is a crossword puzzle clue
13. Dismay is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
14. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Dismay, terrify (5) crossword clue
15. To her Dismay, she soon found herself in a delicate condition and was obliged to marry George
16. His shot deflected off the post into the back of the net, to the Dismayof the Veterans players
17. On the right, there is general Dismayover the slow pace of decommunisation and the emergence of corrupt links between politics and business.
18. Above are the results of unscrambling Dismay
19. We found a total of 57 words by unscrambling the letters in Dismay.
20. Dismay describes an emotional state of alarm, fear, or serious disappointment. The first part of Dismay comes from the Latin prefix dis-, which comes in handy when you want to put a negative spin on words (dishonest, discount, disenchant, etc.)
Dismay, Describes, Disappointment, Dis, Dishonest, Discount, Disenchant
21. The last bit of Dismay most likely comes from the Germanic word magan, meaning "to be able to."
22. Examples of Dismay in a sentence
23. To the children’s Dismay, there was not enough snow in the yard to build a snowman
24. 🔊 I felt a great deal of Dismay when the author killed off my favorite character
25. Synonyms for Dismay include alarm, distress, anxiety, fear, upset, consternation, horror, panic, shock and trepidation
26. Listen to music from Dismay like Друзья, Снег & more
27. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Dismay.
28. Dictionary entry overview: What does Dismay mean? • Dismay (noun) The noun Dismay has 2 senses:
Dictionary, Does, Dismay
29. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger Familiarity information: Dismay used as a noun is rare
30. • Dismay (verb) The verb Dismay has 2 senses:
31. Dis‧may1 /dɪsˈmeɪ/ ●○○ noun [ uncountable] the worry, disappointment, or unhappiness you feel when something unpleasant happens with/in Dismay They stared at each other in Dismay
Dis, Disappointment, Dismay
32. To somebody’s Dismay I found to my Dismay that I had left my notes behind
33. ‘Shock, silence, Dismay and a plethora of emotions would overwhelm most viewers.’ ‘Villagers reacted with shock and Dismay to the news of the death.’ ‘The whole world is looking with shock and Dismay on what's happening in Fiji.’ ‘His shock and Dismay, in stark contrast to the delight of his friends, was compelling to behold.’
Dismay, Death, Delight
34. See 2 authoritative translations of Dismay in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
35. AVAILABLE ON SELECTED STORES:SPOTIFY: https://open.spotify.com/album/5nzZm4ZESsqQl34lOxovHgITUNES: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/gospel-of-Dismay/id12508
36. Strong disappointment or sadness desaliento [ masculine ] consternación [ feminine ] To her Dismay, he had already left
Disappointment, Desaliento, Dismay
37. : a strong feeling of being worried, disappointed, or upset His comments were met with cries of Dismay
38. They watched in Dismay as the house burned
39. Much to the Dismay of her fans, she announced her retirement immediately after the book's release.
40. Dismay is a strong feeling of fear, worry, or sadness that is caused by something unpleasant and unexpected.
41. Compound Forms: Inglés: Español: in Dismay, with Dismay adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (with sadness, upset) con consternación loc adv locución adverbial: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como adverbio ("en vilo", "de seguido", "a quemarropa").
Dismay, Describes, Down, De, Dos
42. Dismay at something She could not hide her Dismay at the result
43. In Dismay He looked at her in Dismay
44. With Dismay I read of her resignation with some Dismay
45. The news has been greeted with Dismay by local business leaders
46. To somebody's Dismay To her Dismay, her name was not on the list.
47. Dismay is a dragon shout that causes enemies to flee from you
48. Compound Forms/Forme composte: Inglese: Italiano: in Dismay, with Dismay adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (with sadness, upset) con rammarico loc avv locuzione avverbiale: Espressione di più parole che descrive o specifica il significato di un verbo, di una frase, o di parti del discorso: "Siamo
Dismay, Describes, Down, Di, Descrive, Del, Discorso
49. Translation for 'Dismay' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
50. Dismay: To cause to lose enthusiasm or resolution; disillusion or discourage: synonym : discourage .
Dismay, Disillusion, Discourage
51. As might be expected, subcontracted workers have welcomed the new law, although many have found to their Dismay that it doesn't necessarily lead to a pay rise
52. Organize by: [Syllables] Letters: Show rare words: [Yes] No: Show phrases: [Yes] No: See Dismay used in context: 100+ rhymes, …
53. In Dismay he bore off Cosette in his arms and shut his eyes
54. Not really! A quick Dismay chased away the arch gayety
55. Sergeant McKinistry looked at the mass of spears with Dismay
56. He also saw for a second Dismay on the young face of Ingrid
57. To his Dismay he was instructed to do as Ellett had told him.
58. Be strong, and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou Dismayed.
59. As nouns the difference between Dismay and alarm is that Dismay is a sudden or complete loss of courage and firmness in the face of trouble or danger; overwhelming and disabling terror; a sinking of the spirits; consternation while alarm is a summons to arms, as on the approach of an enemy
Difference, Dismay, Danger, Disabling
60. As verbs the difference between Dismay and alarm is that Dismay is to disable with alarm or
Difference, Dismay, Disable
61. Translation for 'Dismay' in the free English-Portuguese dictionary and many other Portuguese translations.
62. Spanish Translation of “Dismay” The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online
63. 3 hours ago · Janine Gutierrez expressed her Dismay as the COVID-19 infections in the country surged
64. Janine Gutierrez took to social media to express her Dismay amid the rising cases of COVID-19 in the country
65. Dismay translation in English-Tagalog dictionary
66. Found 141 sentences matching phrase "Dismay".Found in 4 ms.
67. Local councillors have reacted with Dismay and indignation
68. The crowd threw up their hands in Dismay
69. She could not hide her Dismay at the result
70. Dismay translation in English-Persian dictionary
71. Found 203 sentences matching phrase "Dismay".Found in 4 ms.
72. ‘Shock, silence, Dismay and a plethora of emotions would overwhelm most viewers.’ ‘Villagers reacted with shock and Dismay to the news of the death.’ ‘The whole world is looking with shock and Dismay on what's happening in Fiji.’ ‘His shock and Dismay, in stark contrast to the delight of his friends, was compelling to behold.’
Dismay, Death, Delight