See also: Detest Detestable Detested Detestation Detestment Detesting Detester Determine Determined Deterrent Determination Detect Detente Deteriorate Deterrence Determinism Deterioration Determinant Deterministic Deterred Detergent Social Border
1. Hate, Detest, abhor, abominate, loathe mean to feel strong aversion or intense dislike for
2. Hated the enemy with a passion Detest suggests violent antipathy. Detests cowards abhor implies a deep often shuddering repugnance
Detest, Detests, Deep
3. A crime abhorred by all abominate suggests strong detestation and often moral condemnation
4. Word Origin for Detest C16: from Latin dētestārī to curse (while invoking a god as witness), from de- + testārī to bear witness, from testis a witness Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 …
Detest, De, Dictionary
5. Verb hate, loathe, despise, abhor, be hostile to, recoil from, be repelled by, have an aversion to, abominate, dislike intensely, execrate, feel aversion towards, feel disgust towards, feel hostility towards, feel repugnance towards My mother Detested my ex-husband
Despise, Dislike, Disgust, Detested
6. Find 23 ways to say Detest, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. How does the verb Detest contrast with its synonyms? Some common synonyms of Detest are abhor, abominate, hate, and loathe
8. While all these words mean "to feel strong aversion or intense dislike for," Detest suggests violent antipathy.
9. Conjugate Detest in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
10. We found 9 answers for “Detest”
11. This page shows answers to the clue Detest, followed by 2 definitions like “To feel abhorrence of”, “To hate intensely; to abhor” and “To witness against; to denounce”.Synonyms for Detest are for example be repulsed by, be revolted by and despise.More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
Detest, Definitions, Denounce, Despise
12. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Detest crossword clue
13. Detest is a crossword puzzle clue
14. Detest is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
15. 'Detest' is a 6 letter word starting with D and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Detest' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Detest We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Detest will help you to finish your crossword today.
16. To hate someone or something very much: I Detest any kind of cruelty
17. [ + -ing verb ] I Detest hav ing to get up when it's dark outside
18. To Detest is defined as to really dislike or hate someone or something
Detest, Defined, Dislike
19. When you really, really don't like someone, this is an example of Detest.
20. From Middle French Detester, from Latin Detestari (“to imprecate evil while calling the gods to witness", "denounce", "hate intensely”), from de- + testari (“to testify, bear witness”), from testis (“a witness”); see test, testify.
Detester, Detestari, Denounce, De
21. Detest somebody/something They Detested each other on sight
22. They absolutely Detest each other
23. I loathe and Detest racism in any form. Detest doing something He Detests having his photograph taken.
Detest, Doing, Detests
24. Detest (v.) 1530s, "execrate, hate, dislike intensely," also "to curse, to call God to witness and abhor," from French détester, from Latin Detestari "to curse, execrate, abominate, express abhorrence for," literally "denounce with one's testimony," from de "from, down" (see de-) + testari "be a witness," from testis "witness" (see testament).Related: Detested; Detesting.
Detest, Dislike, Detestari, Denounce, De, Down, Detested, Detesting
25. Detest: 1 v dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards “She Detests politicians” Synonyms: hate Antonyms: love have a great affection or liking for Types: abhor , abominate , execrate , loathe find repugnant contemn , despise , disdain , scorn look down on with disdain look down on regard with contempt Type of: dislike have or feel
Detest, Dislike, Detests, Despise, Disdain, Down
26. Detest From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English de‧test /dɪˈtest/ verb [ transitive] to hate something or someone very much The two men Detested each other
Detest, Dictionary, De, Detested
27. ► see thesaurus at hate —Detestation /ˌdiːteˈsteɪʃən/ noun [ uncountable] GRAMMAR: Using the …
28. To deeply despise a person or thing Examples of Detest in a sentence
Deeply, Despise, Detest
29. If you really Detest your ex-husband, you will stay away from him
30. 🔊 Janet’s parents Detest her new boyfriend because he has a very bad reputation
31. 🔊 Because I had to sit at a table with someone I Detest, I did not enjoy the holiday banquet
32. Detest: to hate someone or something very much: But this site suggests differences between the synonyms of hate as follow: "To Abhor, Hate, To Loath, Detest: all these words imply aversion, but require to be differently used, upon different occasions.
Detest, Differences, Differently, Different
33. Late 15th century from Latin Detestari, from de- ‘down’ + testari ‘witness, call upon to witness’ (from testis ‘a witness’).
Detestari, De, Down
34. Detestar I Detest having to take medicine when I get sick.Detesto tener que tomar medicamentos cuando me enfermo.
Detestar, Detest, Detesto
35. If you Detest someone or something, you dislike them very much
36. Detest (somewhat formal) to hate someone or something very much: They absolutely Detest each other
37. I hate/dislike/can't stand/can't bear/loathe/Detest doing something; I hate/can't stand to do something; I hate/dislike/can't stand/can't bear it when… I really hate/dislike/can't stand/despise/can't bear/Detest somebody/something
Dislike, Detest, Doing, Do, Despise
38. Detest - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
Detest, Dictionary, Discussion
39. Definition of Detest (verb): hate someone or something
40. Definition and synonyms of Detest from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
Definition, Detest, Dictionary
41. This is the British English definition of Detest.View American English definition of Detest.
42. Detest definition: dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards synonyms: hate, abhor, despise, contemn, loathe, abominate, disdain, execrate, scorn
Detest, Definition, Dislike, Despise, Disdain
43. Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly Detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing
44. Nouns for Detest include Detestability, Detestableness, Detestation, Detestations, Detester and Detesters
Detest, Detestability, Detestableness, Detestation, Detestations, Detester, Detesters
45. I Detest every atom of the filthy, stuck-up, stuccoed hovel
46. If I Detest anything, it is the unconventional, the stagy, the mysterious
47. If there is anything on earth that I Detest, it is a flirty married woman
48. You know I hate, Detest, and can't bear a lie, not because I am straighter than …
49. Artist: DetestAlbum: DorvalGenre: Death MetalCountry: DenmarkYear: 1994Tracklist:1
Detestalbum, Dorvalgenre, Death, Denmarkyear
50. CK 1 2245680 I Detest hypocrisy
51. CK 1 1030018 Tom absolutely Detests Mary
52. CK 1 1024219 Tom says that he Detests war
53. CK 1 1029866 Tom and Mary Detest each other
54. CK 1 1024290 Tom really does Detest giving speeches in front of large audiences
55. CK 1 3079099 I Detest hypocrisy
56. Niceguydave 315260 She Detests speaking in public
57. CK 305562 They absolutely Detest …
58. Detest (15 Occurrences) Leviticus 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that swarm in the waters, and of all the living creatures that are in the waters, they are a Detestable thing unto you,
59. Definition of Detest written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Definition, Detest, Dictionary
60. Listen to and download Detest music on Beatport
61. Release: Detest - Next Attack E.P.Artist(s): DetestTitle: Not FarGenre: Hardcore / DnBLabel: Smackdown RecordingsCatalog: SMACKDOWN RECORDINGS #6WEB Release:
Detest, Detesttitle, Dnblabel
62. Another word for Detest: hate, loathe, despise, abhor, be hostile to Collins English Thesaurus
63. I thoroughly Detest writing letters to her
64. I Detest racialism, because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man
65. Listen to Detest SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create.
66. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Detest on your desktop or mobile device.
Detest, Desktop, Device
67. To abhor; to abominate; to hate extremely; as, to Detest crimes or meanness
68. NAS: you shall utterly Detest it and you shall utterly KJV: like it: [but] thou shalt utterly Detest it, and thou shalt utterly INT: and like shall utterly Detest shall utterly abhor