1. Detain definition is - to hold or keep in or as if in custody
2. How to use Detain in a sentence
3. To keep from proceeding; delay or retard: Our friends were Detained by heavy traffic
4. Detain definition, to keep from proceeding; keep waiting; delay
Detain, Definition, Delay
5. / dɪˈteɪn / to force someone officially to stay in a place: A suspect has been Detained by the police for questioning
6. Several of the injured were Detained overnight in hospital.
7. Find 47 ways to say Detain, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. Some common synonyms of Detain are delay, retard, slacken, and slow
9. While all these words mean "to cause to be late or behind in movement or progress," Detain implies a holding back beyond a reasonable or appointed time
10. Unexpected business had Detained her When is delay …
11. Conjugate Detain in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
12. Detain Removable aliens arrested by ICE who require custodial supervision are placed in detention facilities as their immigration cases proceed
13. ICE ensures that Detainees reside in safe, secure, and humane environments and under appropriate conditions of confinement.
14. The nurse Detained Sam until the doctor gave his approval to leave the hospital.La enfermera retuvo a Sam hasta que el médico dio la aprobación para que se retirara del hospital
Detained, Doctor, Dico, Dio, Del
15. de‧tain /dɪˈteɪn/ ●○○ verb [ transitive] 1 to officially prevent someone from leaving a place Two suspects have been Detained by the police for questioning
16. She was Detained in hospital with a suspected broken leg
17. 2 formal to stop someone from leaving as soon as they expected SYN delay He was Detained in Washington on urgent business.
18. Detain - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
19. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Detain [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (keep waiting) demorar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda").: retrasar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo
Detain, Direct, Demorar, De, Directo, Di
20. Detain somebody to keep somebody in an official place, such as a police station, a prison or a hospital, and prevent them from leaving One man has been Detained for questioning.
21. Once a power to Detain is held to depend on precedent fact, then of course anyone subjected to it can properly invoke habeas corpus
22. The police will be given extra powers to Detain those suspected of extraditable offences
23. A 19-year-old who escaped police still wearing the handcuffs used to Detain him has been brought to justice.
24. What does Detain mean? To Detain is defined as to keep someone somewhere or cause someone to be unable to proceed
Does, Detain, Defined
25. To keep from proceeding; delay or retard: Our friends were Detained by heavy traffic
26. To keep in custody or confinement: The police Detained several suspects for questioning
27. Portland police cracked down on protesters Friday night, Detaining more than 100 people in hopes of preventing a second night of window-smashing and fire-setting.
28. About 100 people were Detained in Portland, Oregon, Friday night, according to police
29. Jed "Detain" Mulcahy is a Call of Duty esports player, currently a player for TrainHard Esport
30. Detain definition: When people such as the police Detain someone, they keep them in a place under their Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
31. Get a Detain mug for your cousin Nathalie.
32. The Chinese government has repeatedly warned American officials that they could possibly Detain United States nationals in China due to the Justice Department's prosecution of …
Detain, Due, Department
33. Synonyms for Detain in Free Thesaurus
34. 40 synonyms for Detain: hold, arrest, confine, restrain, imprison, intern, take prisoner, take into
35. ‘Indeed, that judge may be inclined to put pressure on a suspect by deciding to Detain him in police custody for the purpose of questioning.’ ‘Because he was not Detained in custody after 10th April, he continued to offend.’
Deciding, Detain, Detained
36. 17 hours ago · KAMPALA, Uganda - Ugandan police said an American man has been Detained over alleged involvement in “subversive activities” against the government.
37. Synonyms for Detain include arrest, apprehend, restrain, confine, imprison, capture, hold, intern, seize and withhold
38. The Detain c'est un groupe de quatre joyeux lurons, dont un petit chanteur, un guitariste à l’accent bien prononcé, un bassiste bien de chez nous et
Detain, De, Dont
39. Grand Rapids Hardcore http://Detain.bandcamp.com/
40. 18 hours ago · Ugandan police Detain American man over alleged subversion
41. Ugandan police said an American man has been Detained over alleged involvement in “subversive activities” against the …
42. As verbs the difference between Detain and arrest is that Detain is keep (someone) from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention while arrest is (obsoletetransitive) to stop the motion of (a person or animal)
43. Κύριες μεταφράσεις: Αγγλικά: Ελληνικά: Detain [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (keep waiting) καθυστερώ ρ μ ρήμα μεταβατικό: Συνδυάζεται πάντα με αντικείμενο, π.χ
44. Over the past eight years, we have seen the government over and over again Detain men as “terrorists,” only to discover later that the evidence was weak, wrong or nonexistent.
45. 2 days ago · Turkish police on Sunday Detained a prominent pro-Kurdish party politician who was staging a days-long protest in parliament
46. The party said around 100 police officers entered parliament to Detain him.
47. When you Detain someone, you hold them back, slow them down, or stop them from moving on
48. If you are Detained by the police, you may be late for the big football game, even if you were speeding to get there by the kickoff.
49. 2 days ago · ISTANBUL -- Turkish police on Sunday Detained a prominent pro-Kurdish party politician who was staging a days-long protest in parliament
50. Mike Pompeo, in an interview with NR, warned that China could Detain athletes and journalists from the U.S
51. Ugandan police said an American man has been Detained over alleged involvement in “subversive activities” against the government.
52. Chinese Police Detain Churchgoers When Raiding Their Home Church; Biden Calls Kamala Harris the President Again
53. Definition and synonyms of Detain from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
Definition, Detain, Dictionary
54. This is the British English definition of Detain.View American English definition of Detain.
55. 2 days ago · ISTANBUL – Turkish police on Sunday Detained a prominent pro-Kurdish party politician who was staging a days-long protest in parliament
56. The act allows police to Detain a suspect for up to 48 hours
57. This issue need not Detain us long
58. We won't Detain you any further
59. It is against the law to Detain you against your will for any length of time
60. Police Detain participants in Russian opposition forum
61. A man stands near a police bus after he was Detained in Moscow, Russia, Saturday, March 13, 2021
62. Russian police on Saturday Detained about 150 participants of a forum of independent members of municipal councils, an action that comes amid
63. News Turkish police Detain dozens of pro-Kurdish party officials
detain (verb) · detains (third person present) · detained (past tense) · detained (past participle) · detaining (present participle)