1. Despot definition is - a ruler with absolute power and authority
2. How to use Despot in a sentence.
3. (Historical Terms) a title borne by numerous persons of rank in the later Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires: the Despot of Servia.
4. 8 synonyms of Despot from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 36 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Despot: a person who uses power or authority in a cruel, unjust, or harmful way.
6. An absolute or tyrannical ruler; autocrat or tyrant any person in power who acts tyrannically a title borne by numerous persons of rank in the later Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empiresthe Despot of …
7. Alec Reinstein (born May 7, 1982), better known by his stage name Despot, is an American hip hop artist from Queens, New York City
8. Despot has been a part of the New York underground rap scene for over a decade.
9. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Despot crossword clue
10. Despot, 20 at the time of her disappearance, was charged alongside former boyfriend Matthew Queen, 43, who is currently being held in jail on other charges
11. Kern County District Attorney Cynthia Zimmer said Wednesday that Queen and Despot are accused of first-degree murder, kidnapping, torture, and conspiracy charges in Holsonbake's death.
District, Despot, Degree, Death
12. The crossword clue Despot with 4 letters was last seen on the February 20, 2021
13. Despot Snail & Slug Bait ™ DIRECTIONS FOR USE It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling
14. The idea of a terrible God who was represented as a Despot, must necessarily have rendered His subjects wicked
15. SUPERSTITION IN ALL AGES (1732) JEAN MESLIER This powerful chieftain was an absolute Despot …
16. 'Despot' is a 6 letter word starting with D and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Despot' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Despot We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Despot will help you to finish your crossword today.
17. Despot or Despotes (Greek: δεσπότης, romanized: despótēs, "lord", "master") was a senior Byzantine court title which was bestowed on the sons or sons-in-law of reigning emperors, and it initially denoted the heir-apparent of the Byzantine emperor.
Despot, Despotes, Desp, Denoted
18. Despot The peoples who wanted to free themselves from domestic or foreign Despots always almost defined themselves by nationality
Despot, Domestic, Despots, Defined
19. From the Cambridge English Corpus The concept of merit was labelled a tool of Despots …
20. Despotism (Greek: Δεσποτισμός, Despotismós) is a form of government in which a single entity rules with absolute power
21. Normally, that entity is an individual, the Despot; but (as in an autocracy) societies which limit respect and power to specific groups have also been called Despotic.
22. Colloquially, the word Despot applies pejoratively to those who use their power and authority
23. A Despot, is a cruel, all-controlling ruler
24. For example, a Despot does not allow people to speak out against the leadership, nor really want them to have much freedom at all.
25. Despot -- Find potential answers to this crossword clue at crosswordnexus.com
26. Despot (n.) "absolute ruler," 1560s, in Italian form dispotto (1580s as Despot); from Medieval Latin Despota, from Greek Despotēs "master of a household, lord, absolute ruler," from PIE *dems-pota-"house-master," from the genitive of the root *dem-"house, household" + second element from PIE root *poti-"powerful; lord." The compound might be prehistoric; compare Sanskrit dampati-"lord."
Despot, Dispotto, Despota, Dems, Dem, Dampati
27. During "Wildstorm Rising", Despot was set free, along with the Warguard
28. The decision to release Despot proved to be a costly mistake
29. (Historical Terms) a title borne by numerous persons of rank in the later Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires: the Despot of Servia.
30. What does Despot mean? The definition of a Despot is a ruler who has absolute power, especially when the ruler is cruel in his exercise of powe
Does, Despot, Definition
31. Despotism is a form of government by a single authority, either an individual or tightly knit group, which rules with absolute political power
32. In its classical form, a Despotism is a state where one single person, called a Despot, wields all the power and authority, and everyone else is considered his slave.
33. "The Despot's Apprentice is morally righteous in the best sense of that word
34. Alec Reinstein (born May 7, 1982), better known by his stage name Despot, is a rapper from Queens, New York City
35. We found 14 answers for “Despot”
36. This page shows answers to the clue Despot, followed by 8 definitions like “Any tyrant or oppressor”, “Master and supreme lord” and “Any tyrant or oppressor”.A synonym for Despot is female bully.
37. Despot (court title), a Byzantine court title Despotism, a form of government in which power is concentrated in the hands of one individual; Despot (rapper), rapper Alec Reinstein's stage name Šifra Despot , a TV series; Despot (vehicle), armoured multifunctional vehicle
38. The Despot was cladded in sophisticated costumes like those worn by the emperor, and he enjoyed numerous privileges
39. Despots governed over areas of the empire called Despotates
40. Medieval Greece And Oriental Despotism Aristotle, among all the ancient Greeks, was the most notable supporter of the idea of oriental Despotism
41. The Despot knife is a slender fixed blade with attitude - Designed by Mikkel Willumsen - It has Classic feel with a 21st century edge - This knife is King of the Game New (5) from $99.99 & FREE Shipping
42. Despot (plural Despots) A ruler with absolute power; a tyrant
43. 1751, "absolute power, unrestricted and unlimited authority," from French Despotisme; see Despot + -ism
44. Despot belongs to the category of state-of- the-art armored vehicles designed to carry out a vast range of missions from the domain and scope of the police and armed forces units
Despot, Designed, Domain
45. An enlightened Despot (= one who tries to use his/her power in a good way) It is the story of a military coup which brings a brutal Despot to power
46. Word Origin mid 16th cent.: from French Despote, via medieval Latin from Greek Despotēs ‘master, absolute ruler’
47. A Despot can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier
48. Leadership : Upon reaching 5th level, a Despot gains the Leadership score
49. Mark of Justice : At 7th level, a Despot can cast mark of justice, as the spell, once per week
50. Examples of Despot in a sentence
51. Once the Despot killed his parents, he was able to run the country with an iron fist
52. 🔊 The Despot has decided to control all television stations in his nation
53. 🔊 When the Despot started killing random school children in his small country, the United Nations sent in forces to remove him from power
54. The Despot family name was found in the USA, and the UK between 1880 and 1920
55. The most Despot families were found in the USA in 1920
56. In 1880 there were 7 Despot families living in Louisiana
57. This was about 50% of all the recorded Despot's in the USA
58. Louisiana had the highest population of Despot …
59. As nouns the difference between tyrant and Despot is that tyrant is an absolute ruler who governs without restriction while Despot is a ruler with absolute power; a tyrant
60. A Despot is a ruler or other person who has a lot of power and who uses it unfairly or cruelly
61. Synonyms: tyrant , dictator , totalitarian , Big Brother More Synonyms of Despot …
62. Located in Zlatibor, Despot has self-catering accommodations with a patio and free WiFi
63. ‘Here's a case where a POW was likely murdered, yet they are the same ones insisting that we leave the Despot in power.’ ‘They have been consistent in their demands for firm international action to force the Despot from power.’
64. Cruel Despot, devotee and murderer, patron saint and avenging demon." David /p/psalms.htm - 54k
Despot, Devotee, Demon, David
65. Solomon (277 Occurrences) But Solomon would probably have usurped the crown if he had not inherited it, and once on the throne he became a thoroughgoing Despot
66. Despot’s family has said Despot began hanging out with a new crowd and doing drugs in spring 2017
Despot, Doing, Drugs
67. In 2006 Despot released Crap Artists as a double A-side with Substance D, and in 2010 it came in at Track 19 on Definitive Jux Presents: Time Travel, Vol 1, a hefty release including Aesop Rock
Despot, Double, Definitive
68. As the fiery Despot, the fine character actor Simmons has never been given a role this juicy, and knocks it out of the park
69. This is the first time a Latin American Despot has faced trial for such charges in his own country
70. But Stephen Kotkin's new biography reveals a learned Despot who acted cunningly to take advantage of the times.
71. Posle nepune dve godine postojanja, Despot je po prvi put bio domaćin turnira za košarkaše u kolicima, i to u okviru Prve lige Srbije! ♿ 🏀 🇷🇸 MANIFESTACIJU SU OMOGUĆILI, ODBORNICA GO POŽAREVAC-MARIJA RADENKOVIĆ, SAŠA PAVLOVIĆ-GRADONAČELNIK POŽAREVCA, PREDSEDNIK SKUPŠTINE POŽAREVCA-PREDRAG MIJATOVIĆ, VEĆNIK ZA SPORT GO POŽAREVCA-MILAN …
Dve, Despot, Doma
72. Synonyms for Despot in Free Thesaurus
73. 24 synonyms for Despot: tyrant, dictator, totalitarian, Big Brother, oppressor, control freak, autocrat, monocrat, Big Brother, dictator, führer