1. Definition of Despondent : feeling or showing extreme discouragement, dejection, or depression Despondent about his health Other Words from Despondent Synonyms & Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More about Despondent Other Words from Despondent
Definition, Despondent, Discouragement, De, Depression
2. Adjective feeling or showing profound hopelessness, dejection, discouragement, or gloom: Despondent about failing health.
Dejection, Discouragement, Despondent
3. Adjective dejected, sad, depressed, down, low, blue, despairing, discouraged, miserable, gloomy, hopeless, dismal, melancholy, in despair, glum, dispirited, downcast, morose, disheartened, sorrowful, wretched, disconsolate, doleful, downhearted, down in the dumps (informal), sick as a parrot (informal), woebegone, low-spirited He often felt Despondent after these meetings.
Dejected, Depressed, Down, Despairing, Discouraged, Dismal, Despair, Dispirited, Downcast, Disheartened, Disconsolate, Doleful, Downhearted, Dumps, Despondent
4. Some common synonyms of Despondent are despairing, desperate, and hopeless. While all these words mean "having lost all or nearly all hope," Despondent implies a deep dejection arising from a conviction of the uselessness of further effort
Despondent, Despairing, Desperate, Deep, Dejection
5. Despondent about yet another rejection Where would despairing be a reasonable alternative to Despondent?
6. / dɪˈspɑːn.dənt / unhappy and with no hope or enthusiasm: He became / grew increasingly Despondent when she failed to return his phone calls
7. She started to feel Despondent about ever finding a job.
8. It was spot on, and it underscored why my mom, who came to America in 1968, has been truly Despondent about our nation for the first time in more than half a century
9. 'Despondent' is a 10 letter word starting with D and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Despondent' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Despondent We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Despondent will help you to finish your crossword today.
10. We found 11 answers for “Despondent”
11. This page shows answers to the clue Despondent.Despondent may be defined as “Marked by despondence“Without or almost without hope“Heartsick without or almost without hope”
Despondent, Defined, Despondence
12. A synonym for Despondent is low spirited.
13. Define Despondent by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
Define, Despondent, Dictionary, Database, Dream
14. Synonyms for Despondent in Free Thesaurus
15. 33 synonyms for Despondent: dejected, sad, depressed, down, low, blue, despairing, discouraged
Despondent, Dejected, Depressed, Down, Despairing, Discouraged
16. ‘Despondent’ Oregon seniors snag COVID-19 vaccine appointments through unlikely source: strangers Updated Mar 08, 2021; Posted Mar 07, 2021 Attorney Edie Rogoway in her NW Portland home on Fri
17. She was utterly Despondent at her failure.
18. Feeling or showing profound hopelessness, dejection, discouragement, or gloom: Despondent about failing health.
Dejection, Discouragement, Despondent
19. Antonyms for Despondent include cheerful, hopeful, buoyant, cheery, glad, happy, joyful, optimistic, upbeat and blissful
20. See 3 authoritative translations of Despondent in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
21. When you feel Despondent, it’s important to increase self care
22. If you are Despondent, you are very unhappy because you have been experiencing difficulties that you think you will not be able to overcome
23. I feel Despondent when my work is rejected
24. American English: Despondent / dɪˈspɒndənt /
25. See definition of Despondent EXAMPLE SENTENCES FROM THE WEB It was spot on, and it underscored why my mom, who came to America in 1968, has been truly Despondent about our nation for the first time in more than half a century
26. Despondent: 1 adj without or almost without hope “ Despondent about his failure” Synonyms: heartsick hopeless without hope because there seems to be no possibility of comfort or success
27. ‘The Despondent manner in which Ray walked towards the dug-out said it all.’ ‘I feel tearful, angry, Despondent, restless, annoyed, irritable and prickly all at the same time.’ ‘His self-penned songs track his career from Despondent dreams of stardom to the travesty of having achieved them.’
Despondent, Dug, Dreams
28. Despondent - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
29. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Despondent adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (gloomy, melancholy) desalentado adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
Despondent, Describes, Desalentado, Describe, Demostrativo
30. Despondent about/over something She was becoming increasingly Despondent about the way things were going
31. He is increasingly Despondent over losing his family
32. His work was rejected again and again, and he grew more and more Despondent
33. Patients often feel Despondent.
34. What does Despondent mean? In low spirits from loss of hope or courage
35. Your habitual expression in those days, Jane, was a thoughtful look; not Despondent, for you were not sickly; but not buoyant, for you had little hope, and no actual pleasure
36. (Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë) Be patient, Jo, don't get Despondent or do rash things, write to me often, and be my brave girl, ready to help and cheer all.
Don, Despondent, Do
37. Despondent meaning, definition, what is Despondent: extremely unhappy and without hope: Learn more.
38. Despondent (also: blue, deflated, dejected, depressed, dispirited, down, down in the dumps, glum, oppressed, subdued)
Despondent, Deflated, Dejected, Depressed, Dispirited, Down, Dumps
39. Listen to music by Despondent on Apple Music
40. Find top songs and albums by Despondent including The Unreverberate Blackness of the Abyss (feat
41. Ephram is Despondent when he is disinvited to a party by Amy's popular friends, and Delia struggles with the school bully.: Until recently, such fantasies were expressed mainly by the far right, or in the laments of Despondent Oxbridge dons.: If Freelove's body language in singles seemed Despondent, he was quite the reverse in the doubles.: It is estimated that 3,000 tickets were sold, leaving
Despondent, Disinvited, Delia, Dons, Doubles
42. Definition of Despondent in the Definitions.net dictionary
Definition, Despondent, Definitions, Dictionary
43. What does Despondent mean? Information and translations of Despondent in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Does, Despondent, Dictionary, Definitions
44. Root Definition to be disheartened or timid NASB Word Usage Despondent (1), disheartened (2)
Definition, Disheartened, Despondent
45. Find the perfect Despondent Woman stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images
46. Select from premium Despondent Woman of the highest quality.
47. Despondent Meaning: "losing courage, falling into dejection," 1690s, from Latin Despondentem (nominative despondens),… See definitions of Despondent.
Despondent, Dejection, Despondentem, Despondens, Definitions
48. Despondent definition: If you are Despondent , you are very unhappy because you have been experiencing Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
49. Despondent by Dead Exaltation, released 05 February 2021 1
50. Despondent Despondent is the debut album by Indian tech/prog death metal trio Dead Exaltation
Despondent, Debut, Death, Dead
51. What is the opposite of Despondent? Antonyms for Despondent (opposite of Despondent)
52. Definition of Despondent written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Definition, Despondent, Dictionary
53. I am Despondent that the European Union has been so impotent in its efforts at seeking to stop this war and to achieve a peaceful disarmament of the Iraqis
54. Despondent profile has high mortality rate (55%) Reflex Tasking
55. I feel Despondent when my work is rejected
56. She was becoming increasingly Despondent about the way things were going
57. He became/grew increasingly Despondent when she failed to return his phone calls
58. Despondent Chants - Doom Death Metal (Perú) Carlos Medina [email protected]
Despondent, Doom, Death
59. We found 30 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Despondent: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Despondent" is defined
Dictionaries, Definitions, Despondent, Directly, Defined
60. General (28 matching dictionaries) Despondent: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]