1. In Despondency because he couldn't seem to settle into a lasting relationship in their Despondency they seemingly forgot that losing teams can become winning teams in a single season Recent Examples on the Web But Starr here is it, and his expression is a combination of utter Despondency and the realization that Mr
2. Despondency definition, state of being despondent; depression of spirits from loss of courage or hope; dejection
Despondency, Definition, Despondent, Depression, Dejection
3. Despondency: See: anguish , depression , distress , pessimism , prostration
Despondency, Depression, Distress
4. / dɪˈspɒn.dən.si / the quality of being unhappy, with no hope or enthusiasm: A mood of Despondency had set in
5. There is a general air of Despondency about the state of our democracy
6. 40 synonyms of Despondency from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 79 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Find another word for Despondency
8. Despondency: a state or spell of low spirits
9. The letters from thence express Despondency and fears (which for us are hopes) of several other ships
10. PRIVATE LETTERS OF EDWARD GIBBON (1753-1794) VOLUME 1 (OF 2) EDWARD GIBBON I cannot tell you how hopelessly or fearfully I suffered, or what depths of Despondency and despair and blackness I was cast into
Depths, Despondency, Despair
11. Evagrius explains Despondency as a mix of desire and anger which has the power to send a contemplative fleeing from prayer. The desire is for some sensual gratification from contemplation and the anger is from the frustration of not getting this
12. Despondency can also be a kind of testing that comes to us as we walk towards the Lord. In spiritual life, this type of Despondency is quite common.
13. Despondency is a characteristic of all forms of depression but during a major depressive episode it feels deep and long lasting
Despondency, Depression, During, Depressive, Deep
14. N Despondency A sinking or dejection of spirits from loss of hope or courage in affliction or difficulty; deep depression of spirit
Despondency, Dejection, Difficulty, Deep, Depression
15. N Despondency Synonyms Desperation, etc
16. Evagrius explains Despondency as a mix of desire and anger which has the power to send a contemplative fleeing from prayer. The desire is for some sensual gratification from contemplation and the anger is from the frustration of not getting this
17. Despondency is a sad emotional state — much like depression
18. If you're in a state of Despondency, you're feeling hopeless and super bummed out.
19. Despondency is defined as a state of feeling hopeless or dejected
Despondency, Defined, Dejected
20. An example of when you are in a state of Despondency is when your lover has just left you and you feel hopeless and as if there is no point in …
21. Psychology Definition of Despondency: A state of apathy and a depressed mod.
Definition, Despondency, Depressed
22. First, “my flesh” — that means there’s a physical component to Despondency
23. Second, “and my heart” — that means there’s this emotional spiritual dimension to Despondency
24. ‘A combination of still-residual Despondency and distrust of the new coach combined to curb the normally boundless enthusiasm of the nation.’ Synonyms disheartenment , discouragement, dispiritedness, downheartedness, low spirits, hopelessness, despair, wretchedness
Despondency, Distrust, Disheartenment, Discouragement, Dispiritedness, Downheartedness, Despair
25. Prayer is the remedy for depression and Despondency
26. Depression and Despondency are one of the plagues of the modern age, overtaking many with their insidious poison, and ravaging many a life
27. Synonyms for Despondency include depression, desolation, despondence, dispiritedness, melancholy, despair, disconsolateness, dolefulness, grief and heartache
Despondency, Depression, Desolation, Despondence, Dispiritedness, Despair, Disconsolateness, Dolefulness
28. Despondency is a strong feeling of unhappiness caused by difficulties which you feel you cannot overcome
29. There's a mood of gloom and Despondency in the country
30. Synonyms: dejection, depression, despair, misery More Synonyms of Despondency COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
Dejection, Depression, Despair, Despondency, Dictionary
31. Definition of Despondency in the Definitions.net dictionary
Definition, Despondency, Definitions, Dictionary
32. What does Despondency mean? Information and translations of Despondency in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Does, Despondency, Dictionary, Definitions
33. Synonyms for Despondency in Free Thesaurus
34. 43 synonyms for Despondency: dejection, depression, despair, misery, gloom, sadness, desperation
Despondency, Dejection, Depression, Despair, Desperation
35. Such Despondency arises from such setbacks or afflictions in life as: Pain
36. With a chill Despondency, like one awakening, all nerveless, from an ugly dream, he yielded himself to the physician, and was led away
37. Maurice awoke to a sensation of Despondency and physical discomfort
38. Each morning she awoke with hope, and each night she was a prey to Despondency
39. I was in this Despondency when a sudden recollection of Irene
40. 7 Bible Verses about Despondency, Causes Of
41. Examples of Despondency in a sentence
42. My therapist is helping me deal with the Despondency I feel when I recall my abusive childhood
43. 🔊 When my husband died, I lived in a state of Despondency for over a year
44. 🔊 Exercise is a great way to fight Despondency because …
45. A mood of Despondency; Life's not all gloom and Despondency
46. Despondency about/over something a situation of high unemployment and Despondency about the future; Topics Feelings c2
47. What is the definition of Despondency? What is the meaning of Despondency? How do you use Despondency in a sentence? What are synonyms for Despondency?
Definition, Despondency, Do
48. Despondency 'Despondency' is a 11 letter word starting with D and ending with Y Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Despondency We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Despondency will help you to finish your crossword today
49. We found 15 answers for “Despondency”
50. This page shows answers to the clue Despondency.Despondency may be defined as “The state of desponding“State of being despondent“Feeling downcast and disheartened and hopeless”
Despondency, Defined, Desponding, Despondent, Downcast, Disheartened
51. A synonym for Despondency is …
52. Despondency - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
53. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Despondency n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
54. Find 11 ways to say Despondency, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
55. Despondency is a strong feeling of unhappiness caused by difficulties which you feel you cannot overcome
56. There's a mood of gloom and Despondency in the country
57. Synonyms: dejection , depression , despair , misery More Synonyms of Despondency
Dejection, Depression, Despair, Despondency
58. Despondency can occur because of periodic changes in the body brought on by the menstrual cycle
59. An air of gloom and Despondency settled over the household
60. A mood of Despondency had set in
61. Harry was in a slough of Despondency for weeks
62. He loves spreading alarm and Despondency
63. An air of gloom and Despondency settled over the household: 2
64. A mood of Despondency had set in: 3
65. Harry was in a slough of Despondency for weeks: 4
66. He loves spreading alarm and Despondency: 5
67. Life's not all gloom and Despondency: 6
68. There's a mood of gloom and Despondency in the country: 7.
69. Despondency translation in English-Latin dictionary
70. Despondency Poem by Antero de Quental
71. Despondency is a paralysis of soul, an enervation of the mind, neglect of asceticism, hatred of the vow made
72. A sense of Despondency spread throughout the campaign as it became clear that our candidate was not going to win
73. We begin in earnest and gladness, but we must be ever vigilant to avoid unraveling in Despondency and madness.” ― Kilroy J
74. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls tags: death-sentence , Despondency , earnest , gladness , life-and-death , madness , personal-survival , philosophy-of-life , sanity , survival
Dead, Death, Despondency
75. Despondency is a synonym of despair
76. As nouns the difference between Despondency and despair is that Despondency is the loss of hope or confidence; despair or dejection while despair is loss of hope; utter hopelessness; complete Despondency
Difference, Despondency, Despair, Dejection
As nouns the difference between depression and despondency is that depression is (lb) an area that is lower in topography than its surroundings while despondency is the loss of hope or confidence; despair or dejection.
The definition of despondent is having the feeling of losing courage or hope. An example of despondent is a suicidal person; a despondent person. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Despondent.".
Choose the Right Synonym for despondent. despondent, despairing, desperate, hopeless mean having lost all or nearly all hope. despondent implies a deep dejection arising from a conviction of the uselessness of further effort.
This reference page can help answer the question what are some adjectives commonly used for describing DESPONDENCY. deep, deeper, deepest. extreme, general, gloomy. great, hopeless, mental. much, own, profound. such, utter. Hope this word list had the adjective used with despondency you were looking for.