See also: Deprecating Deprecatingly Self Depression Deprecated Depraved Deprivation Depravity Deprive Depreciation Deprived Depressed Depreciate Depressant Depredation Depressing Manic Economic Depressive Of Define
1. Definition of Deprecating : tending or serving to disparage or belittle someone or something a Deprecating remark Allagash tells you, with a Deprecating roll of his eyes, that Vicky is studying …
Definition, Deprecating, Disparage
2. Deprecating adjective (NOT VALUING) showing that you think something is of little value or importance: Her Deprecating smile clearly showed that she thought I'd said something stupid.
3. See synonyms for: deprecate / deprecated / Deprecating on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), dep·re·cat·ed, dep·re·cat·ing. to express earnest disapproval of. to urge reasons against; protest …
Deprecate, Deprecated, Deprecating, Dep, Disapproval
4. Demurringly and with Deprecating shakes of the head, she begins hanging wreaths about the walls of the room. FIFTY CONTEMPORARY ONE-ACT PLAYS VARIOUS His eyes smiled at her, suave, Deprecating, delighted eyes and recklessly observant
Demurringly, Deprecating, Delighted
5. Deprecating adjective (NOT APPROVING) formal
6. The teacher gave the boys a Deprecating stare
7. (Translation of Deprecating from the Cambridge English-Chinese (Traditional) Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
8. Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Deprecating
9. Princeton's WordNet (1.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition: belittling, Deprecating, deprecative, deprecatory, depreciative, depreciatory, slighting (adj) tending to diminish or disparage
Definition, Deprecating, Deprecative, Deprecatory, Depreciative, Depreciatory, Diminish, Disparage
10. According to the Ngram Viewer, self-depreciating predates self-Deprecating by 20 years
11. For about 100 years, beginning in 1845 and continuing until the 1940s, self-depreciating is the more common term; then, self-Deprecating soars to its modern ascendency and self-depreciating plummets.
12. Deprecating (comparative more Deprecating, superlative most Deprecating) In manner that deprecates; insulting; belittling
13. Self-Deprecating: 1 adj conscious of your own shortcomings Synonyms: apologetic , excusatory offering or expressing apology
14. A Deprecating attitude, gesture, or remark shows that you think that something is not very good, especially something associated with yourself.
15. Deprecating words or actions show that you think your own ideas or opinions are not important Synonyms and related words Definition and synonyms of Deprecating from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education
Deprecating, Definition, Dictionary
16. This is the British English definition of Deprecating.
17. Self-Deprecating means to make your abilities, your achievements, or yourself look less significant in front of others
18. ‘he sniffed in a Deprecating way’.
19. What does Deprecating mean? Present participle of deprecate
Does, Deprecating, Deprecate
20. Synonyms for Deprecating in Free Thesaurus
21. 6 synonyms for Deprecating: belittling, deprecative, deprecatory, slighting, depreciative, depreciatory
Deprecating, Deprecative, Deprecatory, Depreciative, Depreciatory
22. What are synonyms for Deprecating?
23. What is the definition of Deprecating? What is the meaning of Deprecating? How do you use Deprecating in a sentence? What are synonyms for Deprecating?
Definition, Deprecating, Do
24. Definition of Deprecating adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Definition, Deprecating, Dictionary
25. Deprecating meaning, definition, what is Deprecating: expressing criticism or disapproval: Learn more.
Deprecating, Definition, Disapproval
26. Synonyms for Deprecating include deprecatory, derogatory, disapproving, condemnatory, pejorative, disparaging, sneering, nasty, spiteful and hurtful
Deprecating, Deprecatory, Derogatory, Disapproving, Disparaging
27. Authors: Jorge Castro, Duffie Cooley, Kat Cosgrove, Justin Garrison, Noah Kantrowitz, Bob Killen, Rey Lejano, Dan “POP” Papandrea, Jeffrey Sica, Davanum “Dims” Srinivas Kubernetes is Deprecating Docker as a container runtime after v1.20
Duffie, Dan, Davanum, Dims, Deprecating, Docker
28. • His eyes danced, his self-Deprecating humor worked and his arms and fingers lunged in all directions for effect
Danced, Deprecating, Directions
29. • self-Deprecating humor • He made perfect, self-Deprecating jokes and gracious presentations
30. • This time Laimonis's self-Deprecating laugh does not cover the pain, and something else, hostility perhaps.
31. Exchange Online is Deprecating Basic Authentication for multiple protocols prior to its removal in the second half of 2021
32. She lacks her gift for self-Deprecating comedy and she needs to loosen up on screen but she has an engaging manner.: He is a small, intense individual with an attractive, self-Deprecating sense of humour
33. Plus, all of the self-Deprecating, angst-riddled lines that Allen writes for himself have gotten a little old over the years.: Their self-Deprecating wit, aw-shucks harmonies, and obsession
34. Synonyms for self-Deprecating include humble, modest, reticent, self-effacing, overly modest, self-critical, self-deprecatory, unassuming, unpretentious and unpresuming
35. "A narcissist rarely engages in self-directed, self-Deprecating humour
36. Cloudflare is Deprecating the __cfduid cookie
37. Azure Active Directory B2C is Deprecating login.microsoftonline.com
38. Deprecating a package lets your package's existing consumers find out if they have it installed or used in their projects
39. Deprecating a package does not unlist the package.
40. Find 33 ways to say Deprecating, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
41. GitHub Actions: Deprecating set-env and add-path commands A moderate security vulnerability has been identified in the GitHub Actions runner that can allow environment variable and path injection in workflows that log untrusted data to STDOUT
42. What does self-Deprecating mean? Tending to undervalue oneself and one's abilities
43. What are Self-Deprecating Jokes? At its most basic and the way most people understand it, self-Deprecating jokes are jokes that make fun of you as a person
44. As was the case with the incident with my coworker, people with self-Deprecating tendencies make fun of themselves almost instinctively
45. If you notice that your natural inclination is to engage in self-Deprecating humor and make jokes at your own expense, without first thinking about the intent, you may want to look at breaking that habit.
Discouragement of use of a technology, feature, design, or practice. In several fields, deprecation is the discouragement of use of some terminology, feature, design, or practice, typically because it has been superseded or is no longer considered efficient or safe, without completely removing it or prohibiting its use.
To deprecate is defined as to show disapproval about something or someone or to belittle someone. An example of deprecate is when you tell someone his idea is really stupid and that he should be quiet. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Deprecate.".
Definition of depreciate. transitive verb. 1 : to lower in honor or esteem often depreciates the importance of her work. 2a : to lower the price or estimated value of depreciate property. b : to deduct from taxable income a portion of the original cost of (a business asset) over several years as the value of the asset decreases.
Definition of self-deprecating. : tending or serving to disparage or undervalue oneself self-deprecating humor He is far too self-deprecating … to assume the persona of a celebrity.— Eve MacSweeney.