democracy (noun) · democracies (plural noun)
See also: Democracy
1. The United States is both a Democracy and a republic
2. Democracy (Greek: δημοκρατία, dēmokratiā, from dēmos 'people' and kratos 'rule') is a form of government in which the people have the authority to choose their governing legislators.The decisions on who is considered part of the people and how authority is shared among or delegated by the people have changed over time and at different speeds in different countries, but they have
3. Democracy, literally, rule by the people
4. The basic definition of Democracy in its purest form comes from the Greek language: The term means “rule by the people.” But Democracy is defined in many ways — a fact that has caused much
5. Democracy Now! is a 501(c)3 non-profit news organization
6. In a pure Democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.
7. Is not a Democracy.A republic is defined as a political system in which the supreme power is vested upon the citizenry that is entitled to vote for its representatives and officers responsible to them, while a Democracy is defined as a government of the people and by the people exercised
8. Democracy is a women's denim-based casual lifestyle brand, devoted to the woman who grew up with fashion, then got busy with life
9. With this underserved customer in mind, Democracy was born.
10. First, Democracy concerns collective decision making, by which I mean decisions that are made for groups and that are binding on all the members of the group
11. Plato's Republic Plato had a lot to do with our definition of Democracy
12. A Democracy is a political system with institutions that allows citizens to express their political preferences, has constraints on the power of the executive, and provides a guarantee of civil liberties
13. Democracy is a matter of the free choice of government, not the pursuit of "popular" policies
14. Freedom of political choice is a prerequisite of Democracy, but is it the only one? Is Democracy merely a matter of procedure?
15. What does Democracy mean? The definition of Democracy is a form of government in which the common people hold political power and can rule either
16. Democracy government by the people: The United States is a Democracy
17. Democracy may be a word familiar to most, but it is a concept still misunderstood and misused at a time when dictators, single-party regimes, and military coup leaders alike assert popular support by claiming the mantle of Democracy
18. Democracy in ancient Greece served as one of the first forms of self-rule government in the ancient world
19. The system and ideas employed by the ancient Greeks had profound influences on how Democracy developed, and its impact on the formation of the U.S
20. Exclusive articles about Democracy You — yes, you — can use your skills, ideas and energy to help fix Democracy “Lobbying” doesn’t have to be a dirty word; instead, it means using your talents and abilities to improve the world, says civic advocate Alberto Alemanno.
21. Democracy is an ideal many people have struggled for
22. Yet, different forms of Democracy attract different forms of corrupting influences and challenges
23. Democracy - Democracy - England: Among the assemblies created in Europe during the Middle Ages, the one that most profoundly influenced the development of representative government was the English Parliament
24. Representative Democracy or indirect Democracy is when people choose to vote for who will represent them in a parliament
25. This is the most common form of Democracy found across the world
26. Democracy is a system of government where citizens are allowed to participate in the proposal and creation of laws
27. “The United States is a republic, not a Democracy.” This is one of those oft-repeated expressions that one hears in civil discourse whose meaning nevertheless remains somewhat fuzzy.
28. A Democracy is a political system, or a system of decision-making within an institution or organization or a country, in which all members have an equal share of power
29. A democratic republic is a form of government operating on principles adopted from a republic and a Democracy.Rather than being a cross between two entirely separate systems, democratic republics may function on principles shared by both republics and democracies.
30. A Democracy means rule by the people
31. Lecture at Hilla University for Humanistic Studies January 21, 2004 Democracy consists of four basic elements: I want to begin with an overview of what Democracy is
32. We can think of Democracy as a system of government with four key elements: A political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections
33. And a representative Democracy is a form of Democracy in the same way that a Granny Smith apple is a form of apple
34. Democracy 4 lets you take the role of President / Prime minister, govern the country (choosing its policies, laws and other actions), and both transform the country as you see fit, while trying to retain enough popularity to get re-elected
35. Shop a great selection of Democracy at Nordstrom Rack
36. Find designer Democracy up to 70% off and get free shipping on orders over $89.
37. Learn more about the origins of Democracy at the Great Courses Plus: http://bit.ly/Learn-About-DemocracyThis is a 3 minute video to introduce the most basic
38. Democracy means rule by the people
39. Each Democracy is unique and works in different ways.
40. Democracy Women's AB Solution High Rise Skinny Jeans $78.00 Free ship at $25 Free ship at $25
41. Democracy Women's High-Rise AB Solution Side Zip Ankle Jegging
42. The word Democracy describes a form of government
43. The word comes from two Greek words that mean “rule by the people.” In a Democracy the people have a say in how the government is run
44. Democracy Pleat Blouson L/S, Smock Neck Button Down, Paisley Foil Top Democracy Pleat Blouson L/S, Smock Neck Button Down, Paisley Foil Top Pricing $ 68.00
45. Or 3 payments of $22.67 Note: Free Shipping ♥ Democracy Vegan Leather Puffer Jacket
46. Discover the denim-based, women's casual lifestyle apparel from Democracy
47. Made to help you look and feel your best, Democracy has a range of sizes and fits in Missy and Plus
48. Democracy From the Greek, meaning ‘rule by the people’
49. In modern times, those forms of government in which all full, adult members of a society or organization make up the policy-making body – direct Democracy – or are represented by others who they elect to such a body – representative Democracy
50. Until the 20th-century, Democracy, in either of these forms, was a relatively rare
51. How to Register for Democracy FCU Online Banking
52. Also don't forget to understand Democracy through the lens of history which will provide more context for its present day form
53. Start with Democracy in Ancient Greece, then The Magna Carta and its importance to Democracy
54. Democracy is only one form of government.
55. Democratic definition is - of, relating to, or favoring Democracy
56. Democracy is a core value of the United Nations
57. The UN supports Democracy by promoting human rights, development, and peace and security
58. America is a republic and not a pure Democracy
59. HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong Democracy activists have launched a new push to continue their fight among residents living abroad in the wake of a sweeping crackdown by Beijing and changes to the the
60. HONG KONG — From her first protest at age 12, Jackie Chen believed she could help bring Democracy to Hong Kong
61. Democracy definition: Democracy is a system of government in which people choose their rulers by voting for Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
62. Liberal Democracy, also referred to as Western Democracy, is a political ideology and a form of government in which representative Democracy operates under the principles of liberalism.It is characterised by elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society, a market