1. Definition of Defunct : no longer living, existing, or functioning wrote for a magazine that is now Defunct a Defunct railroad Synonyms & Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym Did You Know? More Example Sentences Learn More about Defunct
Definition, Defunct, Did
2. Defunct definition, no longer in effect or use; not operating or functioning: a Defunct law; a Defunct organization
3. Defunct synonyms, Defunct pronunciation, Defunct translation, English dictionary definition of Defunct
Defunct, Dictionary, Definition
4. Having ceased to exist or live: a Defunct …
5. Some common synonyms of Defunct are dead, deceased, departed, and late
Defunct, Dead, Deceased, Departed
6. While all these words mean "devoid of life," Defunct stresses cessation of active existence or operation
7. A Defunct television series When is dead a more appropriate choice than Defunct?
8. Find 32 ways to say Defunct, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Defunct, in a business context, refers to the condition of a company, whether publicly traded or private, that has gone bankrupt and has ceased to exist. Defunct usually refers to …
10. Examples of Defunct in a sentence Though the car was Defunct, he knew that with the right parts and some hard work he could restore it
11. 🔊 After being hit by a hurricane, the entire neighborhood was Defunct
12. 🔊 A fire swept through the city, leaving many houses abandoned and defunct
13. Defunctland is a YouTube series discussing the history of extinct theme park and themed entertainment experiences.
14. 38 rows · This is a list of American Defunct television networks
15. Processes marked <Defunct> are dead processes (so-called "zombies") that remain because their parent has not destroyed them properly.These processes will be destroyed by init(8) if the parent process exits.
Defunct, Dead, Destroyed
16. The definition of Defunct is a person or thing that no longer lives or exists
17. An example of Defunct are dinosaurs
18. An example of Defunct is the Soviet Union.
19. This is a list of Defunct college football conferences in the United States and a Defunct university football conference in Canada.Not all of the conferences listed here are truly Defunct
20. Defunct is an indie adventure game with a focus on flow, speed and an engaging world
21. Defunct Meaning: "dead, deceased, extinct," 1590s, from Old French Defunct (14c., Modern French defunt) or directly from… See definitions of Defunct.
Defunct, Dead, Deceased, Defunt, Directly, Definitions
22. Borne of the idea that strong, condensed nonfiction can resurrect the dead, salvage the past and, perhaps most importantly, quell the existential unease of nostalgia, Defunct was founded in the
23. Defunct is an indie adventure game with a focus on flow, speed and an engaging world
24. Defunct - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
Defunct, Dictionary, Discussion
25. Synonyms for Defunct include dead, departed, deceased, gone, expired, late, demised, asleep, breathless and cold
Defunct, Dead, Departed, Deceased, Demised
26. ‘The forum, which started in 1993 and is now Defunct, was funded by local authorities around the country.’ ‘A copy of the Manchester Courier, which is now Defunct, was also found.’ ‘Though Defunct since 1997, many companies continued issuing them for some years later to be on the safe side.’
27. Defunct - no longer in force or use; inactive; "a Defunct law"; "a Defunct organization" inoperative - not working or taking effect; "an inoperative law" 2
28. Defunct - having ceased to exist or live; "the will of a Defunct aunt"; "a Defunct Indian tribe"
29. If something is Defunct, it no longer exists or has stopped functioning or operating.the leader of the now Defunct Social Democratic Party
30. They bought all their equipment from a Defunct brewery in Manhattan
31. Synonyms: dead, extinct, gone, departed [euphemistic] More Synonyms of Defunct
Dead, Departed, Defunct
32. ‘The forum, which started in 1993 and is now Defunct, was funded by local authorities around the country.’ ‘A copy of the Manchester Courier, which is now Defunct, was also found.’ ‘Though Defunct since 1997, many companies continued issuing them for some years later to be on the safe side.’
33. Actor in Defunct HDM series blames Pope for unemployment
34. To blame the old liberal wing of the party, now pretty much Defunct, is the equivalent of a baseball team blaming the batboy for a tragic loss.
35. Matthew Yglesias » How Many Divisions Has Jane Hamsher? In March, wrote back and they said that their supplier went "Defunct" -- I thought People was the supplier.
36. Defunct means something which has ceased to exist
37. A Defunct corporation is a corporation that has suspended all operations and is out of business
38. A company is not considered Defunct if the cessation of business is due to the conduct of winding up
39. A Defunct corporation can be revived and the process of revival is complicated in most
40. The following is a list of Defunct airlines of the United States.However, some of these airlines have changed identities and/or FAA certificates and are still operating under a different name (e.g
41. The new general manager of the New York Jets “was a league scout in the American offices of the now-Defunct World League of American Football,” one news report said
42. Another told of the sale of a “now Defunct university’s” campus.
43. Yes, it’s our old friend the hyphen, far from Defunct…
44. Defunct FX, Saint Maries, Idaho
45. Defunct: 1 adj no longer in force or use; inactive “a Defunct law” “a Defunct organization” Synonyms: inoperative not working or taking effect adj having ceased to exist or live “the will of a Defunct aunt” “a Defunct Indian tribe” Synonyms: dead no longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life
46. After demolishing the Fidget House era of 2008 onward, Defunct! are back with a fresh new sound grabbing from the soul of House Music and putting it into a chunk of techie funk based from their Fidget
47. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Defunct! on …
48. Defunct is an indie adventure game with a focus on flow, speed and an engaging world
49. Definition of Defunct adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Definition, Defunct, Dictionary
50. Defunct is a fun distraction, but it’s hard to consider it to be any more than that
51. Defunct is a fast-paced and exhilarating experience, let down in places by camera work and the non-intuitive handling that it can cause
52. Here are 30 Defunct chains that you either hated to lose or loved to hate
53. Synonyms for Defunct in Free Thesaurus
54. 24 synonyms for Defunct: dead, extinct, gone, departed, expired, deceased, obsolete, bygone, nonexistent
Defunct, Dead, Departed, Deceased
55. Barron Collier Companies submitted plans to build on the 113-acre Defunct golf course.
56. The Defunct filegroup can never be restored to this database, but its metadata remains
57. After the filegroup is Defunct, the database can be restarted, and recovery will make the database consistent across the restored filegroups.
58. Another word for Defunct: dead, extinct, gone, departed, expired Collins English Thesaurus
Defunct, Dead, Departed
59. Defunct: adjective abrogated , all gone , all over with , annulled , cancelled , dead , deceased , demised , departed , devoid of life , ended , exanimate , expired
Defunct, Dead, Deceased, Demised, Departed, Devoid
60. 1 day ago · Defunct US weather satellite breaks up in Earth orbit
61. A "Defunct" process (sometimes referred to as "zombie") is a process that is actually finished which depends on a parent process which for some reason (=error) has not accepted the knowledge that it is finished and should be terminated.
62. Defunct processes will sometimes show up in the process list (top and ps-aux).Many people, including myself, find these annoying.
He is defunct
What is Defunct. Defunct, in a business context, refers to the condition of a company, whether publicly traded or private, that has gone bankrupt and ceased to exist. In general, "defunct" refers to something that is no longer existing, functioning, or in use.
defunct 1 No longer alive:nasleep, dead, deceased, departed, extinct, gone, late, lifeless.nIdioms: at rest, pushing up daisies. 2 No longer in use, force, or operation: More ...
Definition of defunct : no longer living, existing, or functioning wrote for a magazine that is now defunct a defunct railroad formal : no longer existing or being used : no longer existing or being used The old factory was defunct.
Having ceased to exist or live: a defunct political organization. [Latin dēfūnctus, past participle of dēfungī, to finish : dē-, de- + fungī, to perform .] de·funct′ness n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.