1. Origin of Darned 1800–10; euphemism for damned, perhaps by construing dern dark, dreary (now obsolete) as an intensifier in phrases such as dern and dreary, dern and doleful OTHER WORDS FROM Darned …
Darned, Damned, Dern, Dark, Dreary, Doleful
2. 17 synonyms of Darned from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 37 related words, definitions, and antonyms
3. Darned: deserving of one's condemnation or displeasure.
Darned, Deserving, Displeasure
4. "The Darned cuss." Bill spoke gravely and slowly, with no hint of the anger that was raging within.
5. Find 5 ways to say Darned, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
6. See synonyms for: darn / Darned / darner / darnest on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to mend, as torn clothing, with rows of stitches, sometimes by crossing and interweaving rows to span a gap.
Darn, Darned, Darner, Darnest
7. Chiefly US, informal —used to show that one is very surprised about something Well I'll be Darned! You actually showed up! —often + if I offered to help, but I'll be Darned if she didn't do the whole thing herself
Darned, Didn, Do
8. —sometimes shortened to Darned if I told them they wouldn't enjoy the trip but Darned if …
9. However, the Darned hole will stand out much less if you find a good thread or yarn match for your item
10. Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Darned. Princeton's WordNet (0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, Darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal (adj) expletives used informally as intensifiers
Darned, Definition, Damn, Damned, Deuced
11. Darned In English, many past and present participles of verbs can be used as adjectives
12. Darn2 (also Darned) adjective spoken informal 1 used to emphasize how bad, stupid, unfair etc someone or something is SYN damn The darn fool got lost on the way
Darned, Damn, Darn
13. 2 → a darn sight better/harder etc —darn, Darned adverb It was a Darned good movie.
14. Darned In English, many past and present participles of verbs can be used as adjectives
15. All About the Alcohol The Wallaby Darned is a frozen peach drink with vodka, peach schnapps, and Prosecco
16. Darn (third-person singular simple present darns, present participle darning, simple past and past participle Darned) (transitive, sewing) To repair by stitching with thread or yarn, particularly by using a needle to construct a weave across a damaged area of fabric
Darn, Darns, Darning, Darned, Damaged
17. (Well,) I'll be Darned! old-fashioned An expression of surprise or astonishment, especially regarding some recent revelation
18. A: "You know, if you run your washing machine at night you can save a lot of money on your electric bill." B: "I'll be Darned, I didn't know that!" Well, I'll be Darned! Who knew so many people would show up to see our concert
19. Darned - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
Darned, Dictionary, Discussion
20. I'll be Darned! (Well,) I'll be Darned! old-fashioned An expression of surprise or astonishment, especially regarding some recent revelation
21. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Darned yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
Darned, Dictionary, Dot
22. “D.MN ..” will find “DAMN IT”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Darned” Contribute to Crossword Clues
23. Used as a mild swear word, to emphasize something That's a Darned good idea! Definitions on the go Look up any word in the dictionary offline, anytime, anywhere …
Darned, Definitions, Dictionary
24. Darned — /dand/ (say dahnd) Colloquial –adjective 1
Darned, Dand, Dahnd
25. Detestable; extreme: it s a Darned nuisance
26. (an intensifier): it s Darned inconvenient … (an intensifier): it s Darned inconvenient …
27. ‘Going to Mars is too Darned expensive, they say, and we should save our money.’ ‘The thing of it is, Lance's bike is expensive, which is what makes the 2300 so Darned cool.’ ‘I missed the Darned bus by seconds and so have decided to walk.’ ‘Unfortunately, there is no moondust or magic wand; it is just Darned hard work.’
28. Synonyms for Darned in Free Thesaurus
29. 11 synonyms for Darned: blame, blamed, blasted, damned, deuced, goddam, goddamned, damn, goddamn, blessed
Darned, Damned, Deuced, Damn
30. This is pretty DARN CLOSE to Outback's famous Wallaby-Darned! VERY GOOD even with a few substitutions that I was forced to make: couldn't find Fuzzy Navel mix so I used a 10-12oz.? container of frozen Peach Daiquiri mix (left out the sugar & the peaches) and upped the vodka & peach schnapps to 3 oz
Darn, Darned, Daiquiri
31. See authoritative translations of Darned in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
32. Darned (comparative (rare) Darneder or (rare) darnder, superlative Darnedest or darndest) (euphemistic) A minced oath for damned, used to express contempt, exasperation, consternation, etc
Darned, Darneder, Darnder, Darnedest, Darndest, Damned
33. Those Darned kids were round here again this morning.
34. Darned translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'dander',darn',dare',damned', examples, definition, conjugation
Darned, Dictionary, Dander, Darn, Dare, Damned, Definition
35. Darned: 1 adj expletives used informally as intensifiers Synonyms: blame , blamed , blasted , blessed , damn , damned , deuced , goddam , goddamn , goddamned
Darned, Damn, Damned, Deuced
36. Another way to say Darned? Synonyms for Darned (other words and phrases for Darned).
37. Making a Darned quilt was a good experience for me as I hadn't tried the techniques before
38. Pat in NY: When I took the Darned Quilts class I had in mind an aquarium feel for the quilt but it ultimately came out as a meteor shower! Linda in CA:
39. Humans Drive Too Fast In The Rain And Are Making Life Darned Hard For Self-Driving Cars
Drive, Darned, Driving
40. Darned Crook! Previous Post Boots and the Outside
41. These Dahls in despair are too Darned wholesome: BRIAN VINER reviews To Olivia
Dahls, Despair, Darned
42. My "Darned" list comes to DVD
43. Remember when I Darned "My So-Called Life" and put it on my 'Darned' list
44. My "Darned" list comes to DVD 'E came along' ere only the other day, 'e did, and' e says to me, 'e says,' Darned 'f I can see why a station-master should beat a professional gardener at' is own game, '' e says, 'but you do.
Darned, Dvd, Day, Did, Do
45. ‘they're Darned good songwriters’ ‘And if you look at the people that - the new construction, based on these four storms, our building code is pretty Darned good.’ ‘I thought it was odd at the time because leather is pretty Darned durable and not likely to tear.’
46. Darned if you do, Darned if you don’t
Darned, Do, Don
47. Because 2050 is just too Darned late
48. Five Heart Podcast Episode 219: Wrestling, Baseball, Volleyball, Football and that Darned scheduling SNAFU The Jon and Todd Show! By thehooch36 @thehooch36 Mar 19, 2021, 7:11am CDT
a petty gangster or ruffian. to mend, as torn clothing, with rows of stitches, sometimes by crossing and interweaving rows to span a gap. a darned place, as in a garment: an old sock full of darns. 1 See mend. Informal. darned. to curse; damn: Darn that pesky fly!
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word darned. blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal (adj)
“Darn.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/darn. Accessed 19 Apr. 2020. 1 : very bad That darned dog! What made you want to look up darn? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Get Word of the Day daily email! Love words? Need even more definitions?
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia . To mend (a garment, for example) by weaving thread or yarn across a gap or hole. To repair a hole, as in a garment, by weaving thread or yarn across it. n. A hole repaired by weaving thread or yarn across it: a sock full of darns.