See also: Cytoplasm Cytoplasmic Cytokines Cytogenetics Cyto Cytoid Cytoma Cyton Cytomel Cytonic Cytosis Cytoxan Cytokinin Cytogenesis Cytokinesis Cytogeneticist Cytocell Cytosol Cytospin Cytotec Cytotype Cytoblast Cytoskeleton Cytotoxic Cytology
1. Cytoplasm, the semifluid substance of a cell that is external to the nuclear membrane and internal to the cellular membrane, sometimes described as the nonnuclear content of protoplasm
Cytoplasm, Cell, Cellular, Content
2. In eukaryotes (i.e., cells having a nucleus), the Cytoplasm contains all of the organelles.
Cells, Cytoplasm, Contains
3. Cytoplasm consists of all of the contents outside of the nucleus and enclosed within the cell membrane of a cell.It is clear in color and has a gel-like appearance
Cytoplasm, Consists, Contents, Cell, Clear, Color
4. Cytoplasm is composed mainly of water but also contains enzymes, salts, organelles, and various organic molecules.
Cytoplasm, Composed, Contains
5. Cytoplasm is the gelatinous liquid that fills the inside of a cell
6. Some intracellular organelles, such the nucleus and mitochondria, are enclosed by membranes that separate them from the Cytoplasm.
7. Cytoplasm definition is - the organized complex of inorganic and organic substances external to the nuclear membrane of a cell and including the cytosol and membrane-bound organelles (such as mitochondria or chloroplasts).
Cytoplasm, Complex, Cell, Cytosol, Chloroplasts
8. The Cytoplasm is an essential component of the cell
Cytoplasm, Component, Cell
9. In the cell, the Cytoplasm is embedded, while other cell organelles such as endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria, ribosomes, vacuoles, etc
10. Cytoplasm definition, the cell substance between the cell membrane and the nucleus, containing the cytosol, organelles, cytoskeleton, and various particles
Cytoplasm, Cell, Containing, Cytosol, Cytoskeleton
11. Cytoplasm works in plant cells much like it does in animal cells
12. The Cytoplasm is the place where the cell expands and the growth of the cell takes place
13. The Cytoplasm provides a medium for the organelles to remain suspended
14. The Cytoplasm acts as a buffer and protects the genetic material of the cell and also the cellular organelles from damage caused due to movement and collision with other cells.
Cytoplasm, Cell, Cellular, Caused, Collision, Cells
15. The Cytoplasm is the gel-like substance enclosed within the cell membrane, which is made up of water, proteins, lipids, nucleic acids, inorganic salts, etc
16. Most metabolic activities take place within the Cytoplasm, and subcellular structures, such as ribosomes, plasmids, and Cytoplasmic granules, are located in the Cytoplasm.
17. The physical nature of the Cytoplasm is colloidal
18. The Cytoplasm has different staining properties
19. The Cytoplasm contains almost 20-25 % soluble proteins.
20. Cytoplasm, eukaryotic The Cytoplasm, or cytosol of eukaryotic cells is the gel-like, water-based fluid that occupies the majority of the volume of the cell
Cytoplasm, Cytosol, Cells, Cell
21. Cytoplasm functions as the site of energy production, storage, and the manufacture of cellular components
Cytoplasm, Cellular, Components
22. Structure and function of the plasma membrane and Cytoplasm of cells
23. Cytoplasm, prokaryotic The Cytoplasm of a prokaryotic cell is everything that is present inside the bacterium
24. The Cytoplasm houses all the chemicals and components that are used to sustain the life of a bacterium, with the exception of those components that reside in the membrane(s), and in the periplasm
Cytoplasm, Chemicals, Components
25. Cytoplasm is responsible for giving a cell its shape
26. Without Cytoplasm, the cell would be deflated and materials would not be able to pass easily from one organelle to another
27. Cytosol is the part of the Cytoplasm that does not contain organelles.
Cytosol, Cytoplasm, Contain
28. Cytoplasm is the clear liquid that fills the cells of both plants and animals
Cytoplasm, Clear, Cells
29. It contains three parts, the cytosol, the organelles and Cytoplasmic inclusions
Contains, Cytosol, Cytoplasmic
30. The function of Cytoplasm is to act as the medium that fills your cells, it is a neutral jelly-like substance that acts to protect and house the cell parts within a cell.Cytoplasm is made up mostly of water and salt and is clear and colorless.
Cytoplasm, Cells, Cell, Clear, Colorless
31. All cells are filled with a jelly-like substance known as Cytoplasm
32. Usually, Cytoplasm is colorless and see-through because it is composed of water at
Cytoplasm, Colorless, Composed
33. - A vesicle moves from the Cytoplasm to the plasma membrane where it discharges its contents to the extracellular space
34. Cytoplasm - Filling Fluid Cytoplasm is the fluid that fills a cell
35. Cytoplasm Functions: Every cell in an organism is comprised of a fluid that fills the cell and is surrounded by a cell membrane.This fluid is called the Cytoplasm or the cytosol.The word Cytoplasm is derived from the word “cyto” meaning cell and “plasm” meaning fluid; cytosol means substance of the cell
Cytoplasm, Cell, Comprised, Called, Cytosol, Cyto
36. The Cytoplasm is a viscous solution that contains a combination of different …
Cytoplasm, Contains, Combination
37. The Cytoplasm is a thick, usually colorless solution that fills each cell and is enclosed by the cell membrane
Cytoplasm, Colorless, Cell
38. Cytoplasm presses against the cell membrane, filling out the cell and giving it its shape
39. Sometimes Cytoplasm acts like a watery solution and sometimes it takes on a more gel-like consistency.
40. Cytoplasm The aqueous gel-like cell content of a living cell, which is located outside the nucleus and inside the plasma membrane, exclusive of the nucleus, organelles, ribosomes, Golgi apparatus, cytoskeleton, aggregates of storage compounds and other inclusions.
Cytoplasm, Cell, Content, Cytoskeleton, Compounds
41. The Cytoplasm consists of all the contents that we can find within the cell membrane, excluding the cell nucleus
Cytoplasm, Consists, Contents, Can, Cell
42. The cell nucleus and its contents are, thus, not considered as a part of Cytoplasm
Cell, Contents, Considered, Cytoplasm
43. Instead, they are called ‘nucleoplasm’, which is separated from the Cytoplasm by a nuclear membrane.
44. Cytoplasm makes up about 70% of the contents of the cell
Cytoplasm, Contents, Cell
45. Protoplasm consists of Cytoplasm, the nucleus and the nucleoplasm
46. The two major differences between Cytoplasm and Protoplasm are
47. Learn Cytoplasm function with free interactive flashcards
48. Choose from 168 different sets of Cytoplasm function flashcards on Quizlet.
49. Cytoplasm is the fluid that fills cells and serves several important functions
50. Cytoplasm holds the internal components of cells in place and protects them from damage
Cytoplasm, Components, Cells
51. Cytoplasm is a gel like fluid present between the plasma membrane and the nucleus Cytoplasm is the semi-fluid substance of a cell that is present within the cellular membrane and surrounds the nuclear membrane It is sometimes described as the nonnuclear content of the protoplasm
Cytoplasm, Cell, Cellular, Content
52. Cytoplasm keeps moving the items around the cell
53. Experts call this process as Cytoplasm streaming
54. The Cytoplasm is a mode of transport for genetic material inside the cell
55. Cytoplasm: Is a semi- fluid substance
56. Water is the main component of the Cytoplasm
57. Cytoplasm dissolve in it the molecules released by organelles present in it
58. Cytoplasm synonyms, Cytoplasm pronunciation, Cytoplasm translation, English dictionary definition of Cytoplasm
59. The Cytoplasm is composed of two parts, the cytosol and organelles
Cytoplasm, Composed, Cytosol
60. Synonyms for Cytoplasm in Free Thesaurus
61. What are synonyms for Cytoplasm?
62. Cytoplasm plays an important role in the structure of a cell
63. The jelly-like fluid that fills a cell is called Cytoplasm
Cell, Called, Cytoplasm
64. Cytoplasm is present within the cell membrane of all cell types and contains all organelles and cell parts
Cytoplasm, Cell, Contains
65. Cytosol is the part of the Cytoplasm that does not contain organelles.
Cytosol, Cytoplasm, Contain
66. The outer part of the Cytoplasm is clear and gel-like and is called ectoplasm
Cytoplasm, Clear, Called
67. Given that the Cytoplasm is ‘everywhere that’s not the nucleus’ (at least in eukaryotes), there aren’t going to be great analogies
68. Difference Between Cytosol and Cytoplasm Cytosol vs Cytoplasm Cytosol is the intra-cellular fluid that is present inside the cells
Cytosol, Cytoplasm, Cellular, Cells
69. The Cytoplasm is like the floor in a house because the floor contains all the parts of the house and holds them together, like the Cytoplasm does for the cell
Cytoplasm, Contains, Cell
70. The Cytoplasm is a heterogeneous mixture of organic compounds and opaque granules
71. Cytoplasm holds different shapes and sizes of particles in it
72. The Cytoplasm contains 20- 25℅ soluble and proteins that include enzymes, carbohydrates, lipids, and inorganic salts.
Cytoplasm, Contains, Carbohydrates
73. The endoplasm, like the Cytoplasm, is far from static
74. What is the ration between the Cytoplasm and the actual nucleus? The Cytoplasm is coarsely granular in appearance and usually lacks vacuoles
75. FLCN and FNIP1 colocalized to the Cytoplasm in a reticular pattern
76. The glyoxylate reductase enzyme localizes to the cell Cytoplasm in plants.
77. Cytoplasm is a transparent semisolid fluid, which is present in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
78. Cytosol is the liquid part of the Cytoplasm, and 70% of the cell is made of cytosol
Cytosol, Cytoplasm, Cell
79. Thus, this is the key difference between Cytoplasm and cytosol
80. Furthermore, one other difference between Cytoplasm and cytosol is the diversity of components.
Cytoplasm, Cytosol, Components
The cytoplasm comprises cytosol (the gel-like substance enclosed within the cell membrane) and the organelles – the cell's internal sub-structures. Located inside the cell between the nucleus and the cell membrane.
Cytoplasm is the content of the cell outside of the nucleus. So an example for a part of the cytoplasm are the ribosomes and the mitochondria.
Many cellular processes also occur in the cytoplasm, such as protein synthesis, the first stage of cellular respiration (known as glycolysis ), mitosis, and meiosis . The cytoplasm helps to move materials, such as hormones, around the cell and also dissolves cellular waste.
The chloroplast is the organelle where pigments are found in thylakoid sacks. Chlorophyll is present in the membranes of thylakoid sacs within the chloroplast while chloroplast is the organelle found within the cytoplasm of the plant cell .