COUNTERMAND [ˈkoun(t)ərˌmand, ˌkoun(t)ərˈmand]
countermand (verb) · countermands (third person present) · countermanded (past tense) · countermanded (past participle) · countermanding (present participle)
countermand (noun) · countermands (plural noun)
1. In the military, one's mandate is to follow the commands (and sometimes the "Countermands") of the officers
2. The Latin verb mandare, meaning "to entrust" or "to order," is the authority behind "Countermand."
3. See synonyms for Countermand on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to revoke or cancel (a command, order, etc.)
4. To change an order that has already been given, especially by giving a new order: Oral approval will form part of the agreement unless it is Countermanded by the client within two working days
5. I will Countermand the order for an immediate attack; that will give me time to arrange.
6. Countermand is a crossword puzzle clue
7. Countermand is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted 14 times
8. On this page you will find the solution to Countermand crossword clue crossword clue
9. Countermand 'Countermand' is a 11 letter word starting with C and ending with D Crossword clues for 'Countermand' Clue Answer; Revoke orders (11) Countermand: Override an order (11) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Countermand
10. The Countermand Amendment will restore our Constitutional Republic and return sovereignty to the States through elected officials
11. Order your copy(s) today at Countermand AMENDMENT the Missing Piece in the Article V Puzzle
12. Countermand means to cancel, revoke, or reverse an order that has been previously issued
13. Definition of Countermand to change or retract a command Examples of Countermand in a sentence Since the bank robbers have hostages, the police chief decided to …
14. Definition of Countermand in the Definitions.net dictionary
15. What does Countermand mean? Information and translations of Countermand in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
16. See authoritative translations of Countermand in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
17. Conjugate Countermand in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
18. Countermand (v.) "to revoke (a command or order)," early 15c., contremaunden, from Anglo-French and Old French contremander "reverse an order or command" (13c.), from contre- "against" (see contra (prep., adv.)) + mander, from Latin mandare "to order" (see mandate (n.)).
19. Dictionary entry overview: What does Countermand mean? • Countermand (noun) The noun Countermand has 1 sense:
20. A contrary command cancelling or reversing a previous command Familiarity information: Countermand used as a noun is very rare
21. • Countermand (verb) The verb Countermand has 1 sense:
22. Cancel officially Familiarity information: Countermand …
23. If you Countermand an order, you cancel it, usually by giving a different order.
24. Countermand: 1 v cancel officially Synonyms: annul , lift , overturn , repeal , rescind , reverse , revoke , vacate Types: go back on , renege , renege on , renegue on fail to fulfill a promise or obligation Type of: cancel , strike down declare null and void; make ineffective n a contrary command cancelling or reversing a previous command
25. Countermand (third-person singular simple present Countermands, present participle Countermanding, simple past and past participle Countermanded) To revoke (a former command); to cancel or rescind by giving an order contrary to one previously given
26. Coun‧ter‧mand /ˌkaʊntəˈmɑːnd, ˈkaʊntəmɑːnd ˌkaʊntərˈmænd/ verb [ transitive] to officially tell people to ignore an instruction, order etc The appeal Countermanded a decision by the Federal Transportation …
27. Synonyms for Countermand include undo, abolish, abrogate, annul, cancel, override, overturn, quash, repeal and rescind
28. As a collection of texts, Scripture is capable of holding both a point and its Countermand
29. Similarly the judge would have no right to complain of or Countermand a lawful posting overseas of a ward who was in the armed forces
30. A servant is sent to try to Countermand the order, but …
31. What does Countermand mean? To cancel or reverse (a previously issued command or order)
32. Countermand something to cancel an order that has been given, especially by giving a different order
33. He appeared to be Countermanding orders as fast as they were given.
34. The bill was designed to Countermand Public Law 280 by taking authority over reservations away from the State and returning it to the tribes
35. If the target spell is an illegal target when Countermand tries to resolve, Countermand won’t resolve and none of its effects will happen
36. 4/26/2014: You may target a spell that can’t be countered with Countermand.
37. Countermand translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'countryman',counter',counterpane',countrywoman', examples, definition, conjugation
38. Synonyms for Countermand in Free Thesaurus
39. 16 synonyms for Countermand: cancel, reverse, override, repeal, revoke, retract, rescind, annul
40. The Shop Steward shall not direct any employee how to perform or not perform the employee's work; shall not Countermand the order of any supervisor; and shall not interfere with the normal operations of the Medical Center or any other employee.
41. Definition of Countermand to change or retract a command Examples of Countermand in a sentence Since the bank robbers have hostages, the police chief decided to Countermand the order to storm the building
42. How to use Countermand in a sentence is shown in this page
43. Check the meaning of Countermand
44. Definition and synonyms of Countermand from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
45. This is the British English definition of Countermand.View American English definition of Countermand.
46. We found 8 answers for “Countermand”
47. This page shows answers to the clue Countermand, followed by ten definitions like “To prohibit; to forbid”, “Cancel officially” and “Cancellation of an order or command”.A synonym for Countermand is cancel.
48. Another word for Countermand: cancel, reverse, override, repeal, revoke Collins English Thesaurus
49. Synonyms for Countermands in Free Thesaurus
50. 16 synonyms for Countermand: cancel, reverse, override, repeal, revoke, retract, rescind
51. Find 14 ways to say Countermand, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
52. Countermand is a 11 letter word, used as a noun or as a verb, an SAT word with Old French origins, and has the letters acdemnnortu (acdemnortu)
53. Countermand⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (overrule, cancel out) revocar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda")
54. Countermand [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say
55. Countermand Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Countermand in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
56. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Countermand in Urdu is منسوخ کرنا, and in roman we write it Mansookh Karna.
57. Value of decode hold the newsreaders nose squarely waiter or friendly milk will Countermand my trousers in Gematria is 7102, Online Gematria Calculator with same phrases values search and words