countenance (noun) · countenances (plural noun)
countenance (verb) · countenances (third person present) · countenanced (past tense) · countenanced (past participle) · countenancing (present participle)
1. Countenance definition is - look, expression
2. How to use Countenance in a sentence.
3. Countenance definition, appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad Countenance
4. Countenance synonyms, Countenance pronunciation, Countenance translation, English dictionary definition of Countenance
5. Appearance, especially the expression of the face: The question left him with a puzzled Countenance
6. The noun Countenance means the face or its expression
7. If you're a great poker player, you probably have a calm Countenance.
8. 56 synonyms of Countenance from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 75 related words, definitions, and antonyms
9. Find another word for Countenance
10. Countenance: facial appearance regarded as an indication of mood or feeling
11. See synonyms for Countenance along with related words and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
12. Countenance is another word for face or, more specifically, visage, meaning facial expression
13. Lift up the light of Your Countenance upon us, O Lord! Nehemiah 2:1-3
14. While searching our database we found 1 possible solution for the: Countenance crossword clue.This crossword clue was last seen on February 27 2021 New York Times Crossword puzzle.The solution we have for Countenance has a total of 4 letters.
15. Appearance, especially the expression of the face: The question left him with a puzzled Countenance
16. Countenance is a crossword puzzle clue
17. Countenance is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
18. Countenance, noun [Latin , to hold.]
19. Countenance (v.) late 15c., contenaunce n, "to behave or act (as if)," from Countenance (n.)
20. ‘No judicial Countenance can or ought to be given in matters of taxation to any system of extra-legal concessions.’ ‘This was an insult he could no longer Countenance, and so he had decided that all high-risk surgeries would be transferred to another hospital.’
21. “Any smiling Countenance before a corpse is either stupid or suspicious; Countenance speaks louder than words.” ― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu, Weighty 'n' Worthy African Proverbs - Volume 1 tags: corpse , Countenance , stupid , suspicious
22. ; A merry heart maketh a cheerful Countenance
23. KJV Dictionary Definition: Countenance Countenance
24. How many syllables in Countenance? 1 6 2 7 5 9 4 3 8 syllables
25. Divide Countenance into syllables: coun-te-nance Stressed syllable in Countenance: coun-te-nance How to pronounce Countenance: koun-tin-uns How to say Countenance: How to pronounce Countenance
26. Wondering why Countenance is 1 6 2 7 5 9 4 3 8 syllables? Contact Us
27. Thou hast made him glad with thy Countenance Psalms 21:6
28. Hence in scriptural language, the light of Gods Countenance is his smiles or favorable regards, his favor and grace; and to hide his face or Countenance is to manifest his displeasure, and withdraw his gracious aids
29. So the rebuke of his Countenance indicates his anger and frowns
30. Neither shalt thou Countenance a poor man in his cause
31. Numbers 6:26 View whole chapter See verse in context The LORD lift up his Countenance upon thee, and give thee peace
32. Deuteronomy 28:50 View whole chapter See verse in context A nation of fierce Countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
33. Inflections of 'Countenance' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Countenances v 3rd person singular countenancing v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Countenanced v past verb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed." Countenanced v past p verb, past participle: Verb form used
34. What does Countenance mean? The definition of Countenance is the look on a face that shows expression
35. (noun) An example of Countenance is wide eyes
36. Examples of Countenance in a sentence
37. Even though Janet is a very young woman, her rough Countenance makes her appear much older
38. 🔊 You could tell from Peter’s Countenance that he was quite angry! 🔊 If you approach Jackson with that angry Countenance, he will meet you
39. Countenance - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
40. Inflections of 'Countenance' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Countenances v 3rd person singular countenancing v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Countenanced
41. The Countenance of Camilla soon betrayed, to his inquiring eyes, the inefficacy of the Tunbridge journey
42. There was an ineffable mingling of love and sorrow on the sweet Countenance
43. These were the glory of her Countenance, these and her resonant black hair.
44. Countenance definition: If someone will not Countenance something, they do not agree with it and will not allow Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
45. What is the opposite of Countenance? Antonyms for Countenance (opposite of Countenance)
46. There was a something in her Countenance which made him listen with an apprehensive and anxious attention, while she added: "When I said that he improved on acquaintance, I did not mean that his mind or his manners were in a state of improvement, but that, from knowing him better, his disposition was better understood."
47. Dictionary entry overview: What does Countenance mean? • Countenance (noun) The noun Countenance has 3 senses:
48. The human face ('kisser' and 'smiler' and 'mug' are informal terms for 'face' and 'phiz' is British) Familiarity information: Countenance used as a noun is uncommon
49. How to say Countenance in English? Pronunciation of Countenance with 2 audio pronunciations, 39 synonyms, 7 meanings, 1 antonym, 10 sentences and more for Countenance.
50. ‘No judicial Countenance can or ought to be given in matters of taxation to any system of extra-legal concessions.’ ‘This was an insult he could no longer Countenance, and so he had decided that all high-risk surgeries would be transferred to another hospital.’
51. Enough, then, that I not only recognised my natural body for the mere aura and effulgence of certain of the powers that made up my spirit, but managed to compound a drug by which these powers should be dethroned from their supremacy, and a second form and Countenance substituted, none the less natural to me because they were the expression, and bore the stamp, of lower elements in my soul.
52. When you look in the mirror, what do you see in your face? Ask the Spirit to grow His fruit within you so that it shines on your Countenance for all to see
53. Then let our Countenance s be looked upon before thee, and the Countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants
54. See 5 authoritative translations of Countenance in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
55. Antonyms for Countenance include agitation, discomposure, perturbation, anxiety, worry, disquiet, unease, uneasiness, fear and apprehension
56. Translation for 'Countenance' in the free English-Russian dictionary and many other Russian translations.
57. Translation for 'Countenance' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
58. Synonyms for Countenance in Free Thesaurus
59. 84 synonyms for Countenance: tolerate, sanction, endorse, condone, support, encourage, approve
60. Countenance of Truth: The United Nations and The Waldheim Case [Hazzard, Shirley] on Amazon.com
61. It was a look that was far from his customary benign Countenance
62. Thugra Khotan's skull-like Countenance split in a mummy-like grin
63. What astonished me most was the terrible change in his Countenance .