1. Medical Definition of Convalescence
2. 1 : gradual recovery of health and strength after disease a patient well advanced in Convalescence
3. 2 : the time between the subsidence of a disease and complete restoration to health quiet and rest during Convalescence.
4. Of or relating to Convalescence or convalescing persons.
5. Convalescence definition, the gradual recovery of health and strength after illness
6. Convalescent definition: Convalescent means relating to Convalescence
convalescence (noun) · convalescences (plural noun)
Use convalescence in a sentence - Example Sentences for convalescence. When convalescence is reached the animal should be fed very carefully, as the digestive tract is not in condition to digest heavy rations or feeds that ferment readily. Resolution marks the beginning of recovery or convalescence. During convalescence, bitter tonics may be given.
convalesce (Verb) To recover health and strength gradually after sickness or weakness a patient begins to convalesce Etymology: From Latin convalscere; con- + valescere, to grow strong, valere to be strong.
Freebase(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: Convalescence. Convalescence is the gradual recovery of health and strength after illness. It refers to the later stage of an infectious disease or illness when the patient recovers and returns to normal, but may continue to be a source of infection even if feeling better.