CONTROVERSIAL [ˌkäntrəˈvərSHəl, ˌkäntrəˈvərsēəl]
1. Controversial definition is - of, relating to, or arousing controversy
2. How to use Controversial in a sentence.
3. Controversial is the adjective form of the noun controversy, which is a prolonged dispute, debate, or state of contention, especially one that unfolds in public and involves a stark difference of opinion
4. Things commonly called Controversial include topics, actions, and …
5. Eugenics was the central, and most Controversial, part of his social philosophy
6. The official censors have excised the Controversial sections of the report
7. Her Controversial speech was punctuated with noisy interjections from the audience
8. She's been in the limelight recently, following the release of her Controversial …
9. Euthanasia is a Controversial subject → la eutanasia es un tema controvertido or polémico Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co
10. Maria Haberfeld, an expert on police training and discipline at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said officers’ bills of rights are Controversial but may be necessary
11. The adjective Controversial is from the Latin from controversus "disputed," formed from the prefix contra- "against" plus versus, from vertere "to turn." The Latin suffix –ialis, corresponding to the English suffixes –ial and –al, means "relating to or characterized by."
12. 11 synonyms of Controversial from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 83 related words, definitions, and antonyms
13. Find another word for Controversial
14. Controversial: relating to or causing the expression of opposing opinions
15. If you describe something or someone as Controversial, you mean that they are the subject of intense public argument, disagreement, or disapproval
16. Immigration is a Controversial issue in many countries
17. When it was first suggested that passive smoking was harmful, the idea was Controversial and the evidence thin.
18. Controversial debate topics include subjects that create strong differences of opinion
19. Some songs set out to be Controversial, while others stumble into the territory
20. Controversial topics work well for speeches and essays, because they typically evoke strong opinions on both sides
21. When you choose to speak or write about a Controversial issue, you must learn to play devil’s advocate and become familiar with the arguments of the other side.
22. Controversial describes something that is likely to create disagreement
23. Politics is an example of a Controversial topic.
24. This list is composed of movies that have good plots and good stories containing the subject sex,many times in a Controversial way
25. The right to privacy is a Controversial issue that centers on conflicting priorities between individual privacy and public safety
26. The Controversial debate topics are arranged in a pro-con format that allows keeping our debates organized and ensuring that both sides of a particular issue get equal exposure
27. Synonyms for Controversial in Free Thesaurus
28. 10 synonyms for Controversial: disputed, contended, contentious, at issue, debatable, polemic, under discussion, open to question, hot-button, disputable
29. What are synonyms for Controversial?
30. Late 16th century from late Latin Controversialis, from controversia (see controversy).
31. [more Controversial; most Controversial] : relating to or causing much discussion, disagreement, or argument : likely to produce controversy Abortion is a highly Controversial subject/issue/topic.
32. Examples from the Corpus Controversial • What followed was the most Controversial at-bat of the game
33. • Prozac is a Controversial drug used to treat depression
34. • Then, thanks to Labour's Controversial election broadcast on health, that issue, too, was effectively neutralised.
35. The prince of Controversial comedy, Daniel Tosh
36. A fantastic way to get your students engaged and invested in a debate is to use a Controversial debate topic
37. It can, however, be difficult to think of many Controversial issues for debate and that’s why we have put together this list of Controversial debate topics.
38. Pepsi Pulls Controversial Kendall Jenner Ad After Outcry
39. See authoritative translations of Controversial in English with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
40. A Controversial penalty try in the seventh minute of injury time at the end of this absorbing match dealt a hammer blow to the hopes of champions Boroughmuir
41. A few have theorized that Mallove, a scientist, was killed because he was a tireless champion of cold fusion, a Controversial cheap and clean alternative energy source.
42. Many of the issues discussed there can be classified as Controversial, and therefore will make great debate topics
43. A key feature of a successfully chosen Controversial debate topic is that there are two clear sides and it’s not clear which one is the right one.
44. The committee backtracked by scrapping the Controversial bonus system
45. Abortion is a highly Controversial issue
46. Her speech steered clear of Controversial issues
47. But how does fracking work and why is it Controversial?
48. The Ad: Consider the previous ads we’ve had on this list, this one probably stands out as the most Controversial.The campaign features a range of world leaders kissing, including the likes of Obama, Merkel, and Sarkozy
49. I was interested in studying Controversial people, so took a list of
50. Fair warning: Reading ahead will put you in contact with some Controversial “bad” words
51. There are some words in English considered so derogatory and Controversial that some people won’t even type them out
52. In the Controversial book, two teenaged friends spiral into drug use and despair
53. 1849–1861, Thomas Babington Macaulay, The History of England from the Accession of James the Second, volume (please specify volume=I to V), London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, OCLC 1069526323: Whole libraries of Controversial books.··(Latin America) Controversial Synonym
54. Controversial Topics for Persuasive Speeches
55. This is a list of the most Controversial photographers
56. Traduzioni aggiuntive: Inglese: Italiano: Controversial adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (debatable) discutibile, opinabile, controverso agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse": Flavio loves to talk about Controversial economic
57. 1 day ago · A judge on Monday certified a class action lawsuit against Apple over its Controversial butterfly keyboard, a blow to Apple as it tries to move past …