CONTRITE [kənˈtrīt, ˈkäntrīt]
1. Definition of Contrite : feeling or showing sorrow and remorse for a sin or shortcoming a Contrite criminal a Contrite apology Contrite sighs Other Words from Contrite Synonyms & Antonyms Did You Know? More Example Sentences Learn More about Contrite
2. Filled with a sense of guilt and the desire for atonement; penitent: a Contrite sinner.
3. Arising from or expressing contrition: Contrite words.
4. Feeling regret and guilt for something bad that you have done: She seemed genuinely Contrite when she apologized.
5. 8 synonyms of Contrite from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 12 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Contrite: feeling sorrow for a wrong that one has done
7. We are sorry to inform you that the adjective Contrite means regretful, remorseful, or even guilty
8. Someone who feels remorse or guilt is Contrite and in addition to feeling sorry, part of the definition includes wanting to atone for having done something wrong.
9. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a Contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise
10. I FRANCIS AUGUSTUS COX Guard against falling into the misfortune of trusting our human reason, be Contrite in heart and in spirit.
11. According to the International Bible Encyclopedia, “A Contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.” The Hebrew and Greek words often translated “Contrite” actually mean “crushed, crippled, or broken.”
12. Today's crossword puzzle clue is a quick one: Contrite
13. Here are the possible solutions for "Contrite" clue
14. Contrite - Comes from the Hebrew word meaning to crush
15. Let’s put all of these definitions together so we can understand what a Contrite heart and spirit really is.
16. Below you will find the solution for: Contrite 7 Little Words which contains 9 Letters
17. Since you already solved the clue Contrite which had the answer REGRETFUL, you can simply go back at the main post to check the other daily crossword clues.
18. Contrite, "crushed," is only the superlative of "broken"; "a Contrite heart" is "a heart broken to pieces." In Holy Scripture, the heart is the seat of all feeling, whether joy or sorrow
19. A Contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.
20. Contrite, "crushed," is only the superlative of "broken"; "a Contrite heart" is "a heart broken to pieces." In Holy Scripture, the heart is the seat of all feeling, whether joy or sorrow
21. A Contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.
22. In Christianity, contrition or Contriteness (from the Latin contritus 'ground to pieces', i.e
23. The remorseful person is said to be Contrite.
24. A broken and a Contrite heart, O God, You will not despise
25. What does Contrite mean? The definition of Contrite is feeling or expressing sorrow or regret
26. (adjective) An example of Contrite is the feeling
27. See 2 authoritative translations of Contrite in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
28. Definition of Contrite written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
29. Contrite: Feeling regret and sorrow for one's sins or offenses; penitent.
30. Definition of Contrite in the Definitions.net dictionary
31. What does Contrite mean? Information and translations of Contrite in the most comprehensive …
32. (kəntraɪt, kɒntraɪt) adjective [usually verb-link ADJECTIVE] If you are Contrite, you are very sorry because you have done something wrong.
33. The Contrite young boy apologized to his parents for breaking the window and took on extra household chores to cover the cost of repairing it
34. 🔊 Feeling ashamed and Contrite, I apologized for yelling at my mother and promised never to do it again
35. 🔊 Because he wasn’t Contrite, the judge sentenced the unremorseful man to the maximum
36. Contrite - Kindle edition by Coopmans, Kathy, Stein, Sommer, Capuccio, Kimberly
37. Antonyms for Contrite include unrepentant, impenitent, remorseless, unapologetic, callous, incorrigible, indifferent, obdurate, unContrite and unremorseful
38. They can thus come to God in prayer, knowing what God wants is a broken spirit and a Contrite heart (Psalm 51:17)
39. Contrite, "crushed," is only the superlative of "broken"; "a Contrite heart" is "a heart broken to pieces." In Holy Scripture, the heart is the seat of all feeling, whether joy or sorrow
40. A Contrite heart is one in which the natural pride and self-sufficiency have been completely humbled by the consciousness of guilt.
41. Nouns for Contrite include Contrite, Contriteness, Contrites, contrition and contritions
42. Cuomo, Contrite Over Sexual Harassment Accusations, Refuses to Resign In his first public appearance since a series of harassment allegations surfaced, Gov
43. Contrite (adj.) "broken in spirit by a sense of guilt, conscience-stricken and resolved to not sin again," c
44. A Contrite heart recognizes that sin is: A spiritual crime since it is a violation of God’s laws
45. When we become aware of our sins, iniquities and transgressions, and are Contrite, we need to know that
46. He spoke about unlocking the power of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ by turning to the Lord with a “broke” heart and a Contrite spirit.
47. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and Contrite heart, O God, you will not despise (Psalm 51:17)
48. Contrite is full of twist and turns
49. Definition of Contrite adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
50. ‘I am truly Contrite, penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.’ ‘It was a dramatic change in tone, a Contrite president uncharacteristically admitting a major failure.’
51. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a Contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
52. A Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit Believing and repenting require that we turn to the Lord with broken hearts and Contrite spirits
53. Offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a Contrite spirit; and unto
54. Find 16 ways to say Contrite, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
55. Translation for 'Contrite' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations.
56. The second word, "Contrite" in verse 15, in the phrase "the Contrite ones," is the root word 'daka.' It also implies "to crush." But depending on the context its meaning includes to crumble, or to bruise (literally or figuratively)
57. The Broken and Contrite Heart "The Penitence and Prayer of the Inner Life" "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a Contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." -Psalm 51:17
58. Contrite - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
59. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Contrite adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (sorry, remorseful) contrito/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").